Savox 1210sg help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Saltystevo
I'm looking at getting a new servo for my Notorious as the stock one has failed. As the Savox 1210SG is so highl;y rated around here I was considering that but from reading this thread ot sounds like it's sounding like it's not a simple drop in replacement ?

@Saltystevo
I'm looking at getting a new servo for my Notorious as the stock one has failed. As the Savox 1210SG is so highl;y rated around here I was considering that but from reading this thread ot sounds like it's sounding like it's not a simple drop in replacement ?
OK so it is and it isn't.
You can just drop it in and use any kind of spacer to raise it up as it's taller then stock servo. Nothing else needed.
I couldn't figure out how to slide the savox into stock mount so I just drilled it out a tiny bit.

OK so it is and it isn't.
You can just drop it in and use any kind of spacer to raise it up as it's taller then stock servo. Nothing else needed.
I couldn't figure out how to slide the savox into stock mount so I just drilled it out a tiny bit.

I'd be planning on using the stock mount as well. What did you need to drill out ?

With a savox 1210sg do I try to adjust the servo arm linkage with a spacer?
Or do I get a whole new horn and arm like this one from HR?
View attachment 34272
Seems to me the factory horn is built rather well. Basically any advice that pertains to steering linkage when using a savox would be great. Looking to complete the necessary or advised steering mods while I'm already working on that area.
Thanks guys!
What is the need for this?? Waste imo.

I always use black rtv on screws that go into plastics and super glue instead of loctite on metal to metal. Been doing that since the '90's and has always worked for me.
Do you rtv all screws on bottom of frame?
Or is everyone checking every single screw every battery?
Or are they good just snuggled up?
Just trying not to lose any before I get a spare screw kit from Jenny's rc

Do you rtv all screws on bottom of frame?
Or is everyone checking every single screw every battery?
Or are they good just snuggled up?
Just trying not to lose any before I get a spare screw kit from Jenny's rc
Sorry Salty, I am just now seeing this. When I buy one, I always go through them and do an initial check for proper tightening. Every time I remove one, I will get RTV on plastic contact and super glue gel on metal to metal contact. I prefer the Loc-Tite gel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back