Savox 1210sg help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
So I'm not sure what's going on but my stock servo worked better then this savox! And turned allot more too! . It seems like the servo is cutting out under load or seems really under powered.
How is that possible?
Is also making a whinning noise until I move it a little bit. With it off and gently moving it, it sounds gridy around it's home position. When not moving but in grass the wheels (back flips) were struggling to turn. Actually they barely turned in one direction and about 70% in the other direction, it was horrible.

Here are the details:

Not using a glitch buster.
Installed ground wires on esc and servo to receiver on the right side of receiver
I temporarily installed it into a stock mount.
I programmed it to turn as much as possible before the servo saver starts to lift and or split.
I installed it with the supplied rubber grommets but didn't add the metal tubes that go through them.
I used the arrma spacer as well.
Hub nuts are set perfectly.

Do you guys think I got a faulty savox?
Or?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Was the servo at the center/neutral position when you installed the servo horn? Mine also makes a buzzing noise when just sitting then goes away when you turn the wheels. I heard this is normal for savox servos.

Was the servo at the center/neutral position when you installed the servo horn? Mine also makes a buzzing noise when just sitting then goes away when you turn the wheels. I heard this is normal for savox servos.
Yes, I turned it on first then mounted horn, then programmed

Use an external BEC. Savox servos are not only power hungry but also fussy. My e revo has 2 so you can only imagine the riot lol.

God forbid I make an adjustment they go "REEEEE" i think it sounds cool so I don't mind ?

Last edited:
Use an external BEC. Savox servos are not only power hungry but also fussy. My e revo has 2 so you can only imagine the riot lol.

God forbid I make an adjustment they go "REEEEE" i think it sounds cool so I don't mind ?

I'll be damned if I let one of my trucks "REEEEE"

I run that servo in all of my 1/8 scale trucks including an old Savage that powers it with a hump pack NIMH battery. You do not need an external BEC. It sounds to me like something is wrong with the servo or there is something binding in your steering sysystem. I'd start with the steering system. See how freely it turns without the servo connected.

Oh and BTW,
I have a castle bec wp 2.0 and link already shipped out days ago. :)
I run that servo in all of my 1/8 scale trucks including an old Savage that powers it with a hump pack NIMH battery. You do not need an external BEC. It sounds to me like something is wrong with the servo or there is something binding in your steering sysystem. I'd start with the steering system. See how freely it turns without the servo connected.
I'll double check but it was super free with horn off when I adjusted the hub nuts. Thanks

Haha nice!
I heard the protek is super nice but rather pricey for me. And always read great things about the savox 1210sg.... Hopefully mine is okay. Looks like a cool hobby store!View attachment 33610
Dammit! The only one he has in stock that would work, is the same as the one I want to replace. Oh well, let's hope the stock one lasts for a bit. I think the 1210SG is the way I'm gonna go too. Might not perform as well on 6V, but my demands aren't that high anyways.

Dammit! The only one he has in stock that would work, is the same as the one I want to replace. Oh well, let's hope the stock one lasts for a bit. I think the 1210SG is the way I'm gonna go too. Might not perform as well on 6V, but my demands aren't that high anyways.
I think with tires like backflips vs stock kraton tires the power demands are higher as they bite so much better and probably weigh more. Not to say 6v isn't enough.
Do you think there's a way to check the power of my servo with some kind of smaller torque tool?

Stock or the ones that came with the servo.

Did you get your issue figured out?
I didn't yet. In Florida till this weekend.
So use the rubber with metal tubes going through? I wasn't sure if people were bolting servos down without the rubber

I didn't yet. In Florida till this weekend.
So use the rubber with metal tubes going through? I wasn't sure if people were bolting servos down without the rubber
I use the rubber grommets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back