Redcat Rampage r5 8s any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
Is I came across a Redcat Rampage r5. It is the brushless one with hobbywing electronics. Is it really as bad as some say? Is it really as good as some say? It was discontinued after they never loctited the drivetrain so they recalled them then never sold them again. Is it worth getting?

2 Redcats later , never again for me. I literally tossed both in the trash. Too much grief. Tired of them sitting broken for months on end. And deaing with RCat with parts was a dam nightmare. Ordered parts direct and remained on B/O forever. Yet they took my $$ to order parts. Even Directly with RCat sucked, cust. serv. and all. So absolutely don't even bother with any RCat Used discontinued model. I never tossed any other RC I ever owned in 35+ years.
I would pass, even if you think the price is right. Perhaps for free maybe??? And that is still a maybe. This is one battle, you don't want IMHO. You will find a few others that love their RCats. I would not call them Hobby grade, if you are into serious RC'ing. Far from it. Not just some of their models, but the Brand as a Company was very disapointing to me. Parts train, quality and all. If anything their Crawlers seem to fair somewhat ok if anything. I just feel the Brand sucks.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back