Red Blinking light on Arrma kraton ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcast

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
When I turn on my Kraton v2, the steering wheel controls the power, there is no steering, a red light blinks very fast on the ESC and speed control and it just doesn't move. We ran it with an Outcast in the rain with the same electronics and the Outcast runs fine while the Kraton doesn't. It is stock and very new, about 5 packs run through it.

Try recalibrating the throttle if it will let you. I had similar issues with my 185 after wet running. Try unplugging the motor and see if it initializes. I think i was getting water in the motor and that was my issue.

Try recalibrating the throttle if it will let you. I had similar issues with my 185 after wet running. Try unplugging the motor and see if it initializes. I think i was getting water in the motor and that was my issue.
Now the same issue has occurred on the outcast, i have contacted ARRMA for further help.

My Outcast stopped working after I was playing in the snow. The red light is flashing fast on the ESC. The manual says that it should exit overheat protection mode once it cools off but it never did. It's been in my house for over 24 hours. I tried to reset my throttle points but once I push the button to confirm the controller is in neutral the green light does not flash in the tires stop twitching. And then it doesn't do anything.

When I turn on my Kraton v2, the steering wheel controls the power, there is no steering, a red light blinks very fast on the ESC and speed control and it just doesn't move. We ran it with an Outcast in the rain with the same electronics and the Outcast runs fine while the Kraton doesn't. It is stock and very new, about 5 packs run through it.

I took my Outcast out in the snow and cooked my ESC. no throttle response and the steering quit shortly after. ESC had a fast flashing red light which is supposed to mean heat protection mode and once it cools of should resume normal operation but not the case for me. Had the ESC tested, it was junk. Turns out the BLX 185 ESC is only water resistant. False advertising if you ask me.

Because not everyone reads all the comments when there's 50+ of them. A lot of people are having the same problem and aren' t posting them in the same rooms and aren't able to get them resolved. I'm simply putting the word out there for a bunch of people to see so i can get their opinions and share my issues/resolutions. Some posts were a year old with hundreds of comments. Sorry if it bothers you. I'll try and post less. Haha

Just was out bashing in a couple inches of snow yesterday. Was running great then just died. No steering or throttle. Been inside for a day now and the esc just blinks red when switched on.

I think it's junk now.

Just was out bashing in a couple inches of snow yesterday. Was running great then just died. No steering or throttle. Been inside for a day now and the esc just blinks red when switched on.

I think it's junk now.

Does your steering work?

I tried rebinding by:
1. Plug in battery.
2. Press and hold bind on receiver
3. Turn on car
4. Receiver light is supposed to blink but never does...
5. Turn on transmitter.
6. Led stops blinking (never started)

I tried another receiver and same result...

Esc is now blinking green 4x

Bad esc Arrrmmmma problem, go Hobbywing
Bulletproof almost. Ha ha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back