Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had any 8s setups. Always figured I would def. go to QS8's on an 8s rig, if I did.
I am anal about that. XT90s' on 6s do get warm if I push them hard. Especially my 6s Lim.
Haven't noticed any hot XT90'S on the 8s rigs yet. TC Konos with TC combo on 4s though..quite warm. Battery too.

Looking for a new charger that's compact.

Is everyone that has the Gen Ace Imars 300 still happy with theirs?

As much as I like my current setup, it's a little cumbersome to stage for charging 1 or two batteries. SO I have decided to pick up something with a smaller footprint for the days I don't want to lug around a big old charger rig.

Looking for a new charger that's compact.

Is everyone that has the Gen Ace Imars 300 still happy with theirs?

As much as I like my current setup, it's a little cumbersome to stage for charging 1 or two batteries. SO I have decided to pick up something with a smaller footprint for the days I don't want to lug around a big old charger rig.

I've been using mine almost everyday for 10 months. My favorite charger for sure. Only thing I wish it had was preprogrammed memory slots for different batteries.

I've been using mine almost everyday for 10 months. My favorite charger for sure. Only thing I wish it had was preprogrammed memory slots for different batteries.
Thanks, just ordered the charger. Some presets would be nice for this charger, but my main thing right now is just a smaller footprint.

My current setup is great, but takes up a lot of space. Perhaps a self contained station build will be a future project. It's got the rfid reader so I have those batteries already preset.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they wouldn't have integrated this feature. Aside from that and the automatic revert split screen it's been amazing for me so far.

I've posted this year's ago, but this is my current setup for reference. It's like a small command station.
20240213_135244.jpg

I've posted this year's ago, but this is my current setup for reference. It's like a small command station. View attachment 348433
Sweet!! So I could just plug my 4 TRX batteries in and walk away?🤔😉😜

My bro picked up a D300 a few weeks ago. I don't think he's used it yet. I'm pretty satisfied with the S6 so far aside from the internal fan dying. Was like $10 off amazon. Back in business.

Sweet!! So I could just plug my 4 TRX batteries in and walk away?🤔😉😜
Haha! Maybe? Maybe not. I've never felt comfortable leaving things unsupervised, despite all the "safeties and bluetooth" blah blah blah. Or this setup just transforms into a robot and runs off.

Haha! Maybe? Maybe not. I've never felt comfortable leaving things unsupervised, despite all the "safeties and bluetooth" blah blah blah. Or this setup just transforms into a robot and runs off.
Yeah, one would have to tay appention with that setup you got there! Charges 4 in a hurry I bet though. I thought about the seperate power supply and all, but honestly I'm never in that much of a hurry to charge batteries. A luxury of bashing at home I guess. Biggest drawback of an all in one is when the power supply gives up, game over pretty much. For convenience though the D300, S6, K2 Air are some really nice, powerful and compact units. The S6 is kinda pricey compared to the other 2 I mentioned. If I were buying another, I'd likey try the D300 or K2. My S2100 lost a channel pretty quickly, my brother just lost an S2100 too..his just went dark..nada, nothing. These were bought last year direct from HH off ebay on sale..makes me wonder why they were on sale..🤔🤬

Yeah, one would have to tay appention with that setup you got there! Charges 4 in a hurry I bet though. I thought about the seperate power supply and all, but honestly I'm never in that much of a hurry to charge batteries. A luxury of bashing at home I guess. Biggest drawback of an all in one is when the power supply gives up, game over pretty much. For convenience though the D300, S6, K2 Air are some really nice, powerful and compact units. The S6 is kinda pricey compared to the other 2 I mentioned. If I were buying another, I'd likey try the D300 or K2. My S2100 lost a channel pretty quickly, my brother just lost an S2100 too..his just went dark..nada, nothing. These were bought last year direct from HH off ebay on sale..makes me wonder why they were on sale..🤔🤬
I was considering these chargers as well, but settled on the DS300. Seems the best bang for the buck. If I ever need more power- the Powerlab has more then enough. I'd have to use two separate circuit outlets just to get close to max power from this thing, but I've never even remotely had to. Just wanted the ability if necessary. .

I was considering these chargers as well, but settled on the DS300. Seems the best bang for the buck. If I ever need more power- the Powerlab has more then enough. I'd have to use two separate circuit outlets just to get close to max power from this thing, but I've never even remotely had to. Just wanted the ability if necessary. .
I agree, the Gens is likely the best bang for the money. The S6 puts up 400watts from AC power, 15a max when split, 16a I think when only one channel is used. I was wattstruck when I bought it. Which is also why I bought it, along with Hota experience and reputation. Turns out it's more than I really need for power, but overhead is always a good thing when referring to electronics.

I agree, the Gens is likely the best bang for the money. The S6 puts up 400watts from AC power, 15a max when split, 16a I think when only one channel is used. I was wattstruck when I bought it. Which is also why I bought it, along with Hota experience and reputation. Turns out it's more than I really need for power, but overhead is always a good thing when referring to electronics.
My new charger just arrived, I must say it's crazy to have something this capable in such a small footprint. It's literally 1/4 the footprint of my cellpro. Appears to be well made, except one screw at the base which is stripped out. Annoying but not a huge deal, I can throw a longer screw in it.

We have come a very long way from wall plug nicad chargers and Tamiya plugs.
20240214_131821.jpg

Looking for dummy proof(parents) and kid proof(6 & 8 years old) chargers for NIMH. Looking for simple, cheap and plugs into the wall. Staying with old school nimh stick packs with tamiya plugs for tamiya grasshoppers. No dual chargers, as each kid is getting 1 as a responsibility challenge. I am looking at the Redcat Racing as they look pretty simple but the 2amp rating is pretty low? Something better?

1708723941525.png

I don't use 6s batteries yet but a somewhat powerful charger is needed to charge a two big 4s batteries at the same time at a charge rate of 2c.

This thing is ridiculous, both in power and looks.
It is one of IChargers newest offering, but still looks like it's from the 1990's

screen is a little harder to read than expected, but still very cool. But the fact that it tilts is a huge plus. Controls are also quick to get used to.

Coming from a FMA Powerlab 8x2 with a bump controller is quite different.
20240226_155342.jpg

Found my very lipo charger while digging around. 50w and 5amp capable. Lol
Took a group photo of my chargers.
20240308_193522.jpg

Back