Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000watts with PSU, divided by 4? (a 4 Channel Charger??) On A/C doesn't impress me. Price is about right I guess....Price usually equates to he number of channels and the quality/power of the Internal PSU that can support all 4 channels simultaneously.. can it charge (4) 7k-8k mah 6s bricks all at a steady 1C rate?

You would need to own one with a smart display to know what I mean comparing it to an OG 2-line display charger.. The interface and all. In the end they all do the same thing. Charging your lipos. What matters.:unsure:
Honestly, I don't know if it'll push 4x6s @7-8a. I did find out though that the balance current is only 1a per channel, meh. I'll stick to the S6, which can push I believe 15amps combined over 2 channels with 1.6a balance circuit per channel. Good enough for me, charging batteries isn't a race for me.

If I can charge any of my particular packs within its Mah 1C rate, I am a happy man.

If I can charge any of my particular packs within its Mah 1C rate, I am a happy man.
Me too. TBH I'm just a knuckle dragger,LOL. When it comes to tech, I don't really get too excited. I know the Hota S6, K2 Air or the iMARS D300 are as capable as I'll ever really need.
I have learned that the balance circuit is critical to me, mostly because all my batteries are janky amazon specials that are always out of balance.. I'm turning a page though. After my experience with the Zeee 4s 7.2a 120c that couldn't power a stock K8S without falling on their face, I'm paying more attention to what I'm buying. I just ordered a pair of CNHL G+ 6a 4s, $90. 6000's are small for the big girl, but, at least I know they won't fall on their face at full throttle. See how it goes.

Last edited:
In the end, I just want to get out there with as many charged packs as I can.
I make sure they are safe packs and run them. I don't like to fuss over how I charge them. I just make sure they are storage charged as soon as possible. So my packs can last quite a while, for many cycles. Last I counted , if I can get 50-60+ cycles out of my packs on average, before they get tired, that is realistic to me.
I never seen them go the hundreds of cycles like the Mfrs often say Lipos can be used. That's BS. ':LOL:

In the end, I just want to get out there with as many charged packs as I can.
I make sure they are safe packs and run them. I don't like to fuss over how I charge them. I just make sure they are storage charged as soon as possible. So my packs can last quite a while, for many cycles. Last I counted , if I can get 50-60+ cycles out of my packs on average, before they get tired, that is realistic to me.
I never seen them go the hundreds of cycles like the Mfrs often say Lipos can be used. That's BS. ':LOL:
Yeah,if I have learned one thing, that's ALL battery manufacturers LIE!! ..Period. LOL

Including CNHL with their "supposed" BS 60% OFF sale. A joke.
I see CNHL banners all over AF in regards.

Including CNHL with their "supposed" BS 60% OFF sale. A joke.
I see CNHL banners all over AF in regards.
They seem to be the most recommended amongst the amazon brands.. but yeah, I sure have seen the "sales". LOL. The G+ are seemingly popular amongst speed runners, we know they're pulling down some amps. CNHL has more battery lines/models than a Texas whore house tho..very confusing indeed. I've got a few, decent. Lasted me a bit over a year. I think my B6 knockoff chargers ruined them TBH.
What's really funny too about the G+ is they're only rated @70c. But seem to be the most accurately rated according to the fella over on rctalk.. I figured I'll give em a try. Can't be any worses than what's in my current stash.

CNHL seem to still be the flavor of the month. Just that their pricing is throwing me off. I rather spend that same coin on other brands I've been satisfied with. Get me a good price and I would get another pair of 6s and 4s CNHL's.
I am anal about what I spend when it comes to Lipos. Most expensive yet critical part of this Hobby for me. Seems lipos can make or break this hobby lately, for me at least.

CNHL seem to still be the flavor of the month. Just that their pricing is throwing me off. I rather spend that same coin on other brands I've been satisfied with. Get me a good price and I would get another pair of 6s and 4s CNHL's.
I am anal about what I spend when it comes to Lipos. Most expensive yet critical part of this Hobby for me. Seems lipos can make or break this hobby lately, for me at least.
Seems the common practice is to substitute bogus C ratings by overcompensating with excessive mah..which I guess works. I'd rather not add 4 pounds of batteries to my 8s rig just to satisfy amp needs.

+1
Yeah those C ratings.... what to believe, IDK. Most are like merely 30C if you are lucky and get a good one.. And yeah its so easy to add pounds to any rig in Lipos alone. Lean and mean runs better. Would rather sacrifice my run times in most cases. And run lighter packs. Handling is way better IMHO.

+1
Yeah those C ratings.... what to believe, IDK. Most are like merely 30C if you are lucky and get a good one.. And yeah its so easy to add pounds to any rig in Lipos alone. Lean and mean runs better. Would rather sacrifice my run times in most cases. And run lighter packs. Handling is way better IMHO.
Yes, for sure. The rig handles so much better, less wear and tear.. reason I bought the G+ from CNHL was they faired really well for the money in grey wolf74's testing.. I think the highest continuous C rating he measured was the Max Amps graphene batts, wich are crazy money. Even those were maybe 35c..

Graphene seems to be some snake oil for some brands. Who really knows if they use Graphene plates in their Lipos. Agree that Graphene is a plus if it is legit. I have 7 3s 5k 100C mah Yoowoo Graphenes. And they do rock. Almost 2 years now. Very low IR's, consistent across all cells to this day. And I speed run them hard. Not the best out there for hard core speed running however. Being only 5k mah packs. But rarely if ever got hot under sustained load.
I've always used them in matched pairs together (6s), cycled in matched pairs always. The best way IMHO. Topping off the storage volts to 3.85v/cell every 2 months or so when not in use.
(y)

Last edited:
Graphene seems to be some snake oil for some brands. Who really knows if they use Graphene plates in their Lipos. Agree that Graphene is a plus if it is legit. I have 7 3s 5k 100C mah Yoowoo Graphenes. And they do rock. Almost 2 years now. Very low IR's, consistent across all cells to this day. And I speed run them hard. Not the best out there for hard core speed running however. Being only 5k mah packs. But rarely if ever got hot under sustained load.
I've always used them in matched pairs together (6s), cycled in matched pairs always. The best way IMHO. Topping off the storage volts to 3.85v/cell every 2 months or so when not in use.
(y)
Good call. I guess I missed the Yowoo's on the chart. A quick search shows them around the same $$ I paid for the CNHL's. No 6000 Yowoo's with XT90's yet. Easy to change I know but, also a sure reason for them to deny me warranty.
Next time I'll search around for the Yowoo's w/XT90's. Thank's for the heads up brother.👍

I have NEVER been denied a lipo warranty claim merely for changed out connectors. Any brand that does that is a Crappy brand anyway. And not a quality hobbyist brand to buy from. Changing them out is even normally done when they wear out. Changing them is fine IMHO. Some lipo brands even offer separate connectors to solder on as needed. And also every single lipo warranty I had to submit, they never even asked for the old lipo back. So there is nothing to see or argue about. Unless you talk about what connectors you changed to. An unneeded conversation anyway if merely having issues with failed cell(s) or crappy assembled Balance leads.
99% of the lipos I buy, I change to my own connectors. XT90's.
My CNHL 4s Race packs came with T-Plugs. I surely tossed them suckers as well. And who would even Race with 4s race packs that have crappy T-Plugs anyway??:ROFLMAO:
You can find some good deals on good lipos if they have Crappy T-Plugs or whatever. They tend to be the slow sellers.. Getting discounted in many cases. How I shop. Most people only shop, needing their specific connector. This limits your lipo choices out there in many cases. Most don't want or know how to solder. I get it.
;)

Last edited:
I have NEVER been denied a warrant claim merely for changed out connectors. Changing them out is even normally done when they wear out. Changing them is fine IMHO. Some lipo brands even offer separate connectors to solder on as needed. And also every single lipo warranty I had to submit, they never even asked for the old lipo back. So there is nothing to see or argue about. Unless you talk about what connectors you changed to. An unneeded conversation anyway if merely having issues with failed cell(s) or crappy assembled Balance leads.
99% of the lipos I buy, I change to my own connectors. XT90's.
My CNHL 4s Race packs came with T-Plugs. I surely tossed them suckers as well. And who would even Race with 4s race packs that have crappy T-Plugs anyway??:ROFLMAO:
You can find some good deals on good lipos if they have Crappy T-Plugs or whatever. They tend to be the slow sellers.. Getting discounted in many cases. How I shop. Most people only shop, needing their specific connector. This limits your lipo choices out there in many cases. Most don't want or know how to solder. I get it.
;)
Makes sense, I guess it's just the pessimist in me, LOL. The Zeee's I just returned for refund are literally the first batteries I ever bought with XT90's already installed. Figures right? LOL. My old CNHL racing 6200 4s packs came with t plugs..
I even lopped off the IC5's off my brand new K8S before testing anything, so I guess I hadn't thought that through..🤷‍♂️🤣
But yeah, all XT90's here. Everything, 2 thru 8s, just makes life easier.

Have anyone else noticed or experienced that the Traxxas chargers 3s id and the newer 4s id chargers let go of some strange smell and bad air that you feel is (toxic) when they are used hard which makes you not want to be near them breathing the air near them?

Do you have to burn them in for a long time?
My Sky RC chargers does not do this.

Have anyone else noticed or experienced that the Traxxas chargers 3s id and the newer 4s id chargers let go of some strange smell and bad air that you feel is (toxic) when they are used hard which makes you not want to be near them breathing the air near them?

Do you have to burn them in for a long time?
My Sky RC chargers does not do this.
Yes, but it doesn't go away! LOL. My bro has a few TRX chargers..they do have a weird smell, but only while in use. Not sure what that's about?

Yes and seriously i feel bad sick around them while they are in use if i am nearby when they are charging at high amps :(

Makes sense, I guess it's just the pessimist in me, LOL. The Zeee's I just returned for refund are literally the first batteries I ever bought with XT90's already installed. Figures right? LOL. My old CNHL racing 6200 4s packs came with t plugs..
I even lopped off the IC5's off my brand new K8S before testing anything, so I guess I hadn't thought that through..🤷‍♂️🤣
But yeah, all XT90's here. Everything, 2 thru 8s, just makes life easier.
I never had any 8s setups. Always figured I would def. go to QS8's on an 8s rig, if I did.
I am anal about that. XT90s' on 6s do get warm if I push them hard. Especially my 6s Lim.

Back