Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv just upgraded to this system since the larger batteries take so long on my single
Great output and my only complaint is the storage of this massive thang!

IMG_3293.jpeg

Iv just upgraded to this system since the larger batteries take so long on my single
Great output and my only complaint is the storage of this massive thang!

View attachment 332024
Not a good choice, you are limited to 50W per channel which increases your charge time significantly. Will work just slow as heck. Your 3S alone already needs 60W to charge at a 1C rate. Charger will limit the current and charging is slower.

Not a good choice, you are limited to 50W per channel which increases your charge time significantly. Will work just slow as heck. Your 3S alone already needs 60W to charge at a 1C rate. Charger will limit the current and charging is slower.
I'm new to this too and need to upgrade to a new charger for a Kraton 6S. Would like something that can charge 2 if not 4 batteries at a time. Let me know your thoughts?

You want minimum of 150W/channel, makes no difference what the combined value is listed at.
Also look at balance current, impacts charge time to balance.
My go-to is Hota but they are the OEM and rebrand (Hobbymate, Gens etc))

In no particular order:
https://www.amazon.com/Gens-Battery...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840
Has $50 off this week!

--- HOTA re-badge, great charger
https://www.amazon.com/HOBBYMATE-Ba...fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&th=1

----
https://www.amazon.com/ISDT-Battery...mzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

---
https://www.amazon.com/HOTA-Charger-Battery-Wireless-Charging/dp/B0827S7NYV

--
https://www.racedayquads.com/products/hota-d6-pro-dual-channel-325w-15a-ac-dc-battery-charger

I guess my option might not be the best for “serious” use but it’s a large improvement over what my other charger was providing.

At any given moment my kids only run the cars for a hour or so. I can’t honesty remember the last time I ran a battery out myself.

I guess my option might not be the best for “serious” use but it’s a large improvement over what my other charger was providing.

At any given moment my kids only run the cars for a hour or so. I can’t honesty remember the last time I ran a battery out myself.
No biggie. Still does the job. I used low powered chargers for a decade. Whenever I knew I was going to be running several packs I'd start charging a couple hours ahead of time. It works.

The only thing a lower wattage charger directly affects is total charge time -- "start button" press to "beep, I'm done". Higher wattage chargers will give you shorter overall charge times. While your new charger is slower on a per-channel-basis, it allows you to charge 4 individual channels at a time, which is beneficial. It sounds like you're charging multiple batteries, so the multiple channels would reduce overall charge time compared to a 50w single channel charger.

And ultimately, if it works, it works (y) If you eventually start to run higher voltage lipos (4s+) then you may consider a higher wattage charger out of convenience for charging time. For example, I've tried charging a 4000mah 6s on my B6AC before (50w charger), it takes horrendously long. But technically still works.

The only thing a lower wattage charger directly affects is total charge time -- "start button" press to "beep, I'm done". Higher wattage chargers will give you shorter overall charge times. While your new charger is slower on a per-channel-basis, it allows you to charge 4 individual channels at a time, which is beneficial. It sounds like you're charging multiple batteries, so the multiple channels would reduce overall charge time compared to a 50w single channel charger.

And ultimately, if it works, it works (y) If you eventually start to run higher voltage lipos (4s+) then you may consider a higher wattage charger out of convenience for charging time. For example, I've tried charging a 4000mah 6s on my B6AC before (50w charger), it takes horrendously long. But technically still works.
Lord help me if my 8yrs start running cars needed 4s batteries, the one kid like to fill send into my trees or the trampoline legs!! I told him replacement parts come out of his pocket lol

Oh yeah I remember trying to charge 2 6200mah lipos at the same time with my B6AC 80w, it took nearly 2 hours when you get home from work at 3 and it gets dark at 5 you don't have time to wait 2 hours for batteries to charge. That is what made me buy my Hitec X2 400. With the current setup I have I can charge 4 3s lipos or 2 3s and 6 2s at the same time in about an hour, I do this for the all day bash sessions where the bed of my truck is full of cars.

Some chargers

Sky RC D400
Sky RC Ultimate 260
EV-PEAK CQ2 50Wx4 6A 1-6S Balance Charger
Traxxas dual chargers
Traxxas single chargers

Some simple generic chargers., starting to get to many.

That’s the one I have. Admittedly, I haven’t used it yet, but everything I’ve seen and read about it has been good.
Yeah! I don't need it, but somehow I feel compelled to buy it cuz it's such a good deal. LOL
I have the Hota S6, if I were doing it over I'd but the iMARS. Reasons being, I don't care for the "click wheel" of the Hota, and really don't need 400 watts. Money's already spent so I'll keep it of course.😎

I would rather have (2) 2 -channel chargers than just One 4 -channel one. Takes up less space. And if one charger craps out as they all do and will, I still can charge on the other one. I like Smart chargers better. The display, GUI and all. Way more intuitive. The modern stuff.
The 2 -line display chargers are rather dated by today's standards. Navigating its menu is kind of obsolete and cumbersome. Been there. Once you go Smart Screen flavor charger you will never go back to a 2-Line display charger.
I like the ISDT K2 Air as of late. I run a PSU.
2 HM D6 Duo pros prior to this. Still have one of 2 HM chargers that still works. With Smart screen. ISDT has the better latest F/W , IMHO.

Last edited:
Yeah! I don't need it, but somehow I feel compelled to buy it cuz it's such a good deal. LOL
I have the Hota S6, if I were doing it over I'd but the iMARS. Reasons being, I don't care for the "click wheel" of the Hota, and really don't need 400 watts. Money's already spent so I'll keep it of course.😎

Amazon screwed up (at least I assume so), by not removing the $50 off coupon for it when it went on a Lightning Deal. So I was able to snag one for $60 shipped. That’s half price, so I have to assume it was a mistake.

I would rather have (2) 2 -channel chargers than just One 4 -channel one. Takes up less space. And if one charger craps out as they all do and will, I still can charge on the other one. I like Smart chargers better. The display, GUI and all. Way more intuitive. The modern stuff.
The 2 -line display chargers are rather dated by today's standards. Navigating its menu is kind of obsolete and cumbersome. Been there. Once you go Smart Screen flavor charger you will never go back to a 2-Line display charger.
I like the ISDT K2 Air as of late. I run a PSU.
2 HM D6 Duo pros prior to this. Still have one of 2 HM chargers that still works. With Smart screen. ISDT has the better latest F/W , IMHO.
I would rather have 2x2 as well. Not sure what the smart screen is though.
The only 4 channel charger I've seen that interested me is the Hota F6+. 500 watts from AC power, 1000 on DC for $185. Not too shabby.
Amazon screwed up (at least I assume so), by not removing the $50 off coupon for it when it went on a Lightning Deal. So I was able to snag one for $60 shipped. That’s half price, so I have to assume it was a mistake.
Feels good tho, right?!😎

I would rather have 2x2 as well. Not sure what the smart screen is though.
The only 4 channel charger I've seen that interested me is the Hota F6+. 500 watts from AC power, 1000 on DC for $185. Not too shabby.

Feels good tho, right?!😎
1000watts with PSU, divided by 4? (a 4 Channel Charger??) On A/C doesn't impress me. Price is about right I guess....Price usually equates to he number of channels and the quality/power of the Internal PSU that can support all 4 channels simultaneously.. can it charge (4) 7k-8k mah 6s bricks all at a steady 1C rate?

You would need to own one with a smart display to know what I mean comparing it to an OG 2-line display charger.. The interface and all. In the end they all do the same thing. Charging your lipos. What matters.:unsure:

Last edited:
Back