RC Purchase Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hellcat is now more of an engine than a car model. It's like AMG, M, ZL.
They would not need 700+hp if they did not weigh so much.
Much better known then my LT4, at any rate I'm a fan.
the Drungo weights 5700LB and it still hits 60mph in 3.5 seconds I'm going to get a 2018 or 2019 ZL1 Camaro next year those are killer track cars!!!

You lucky son of a gun...I just have the R/T 😩
I made a deal with the devil 😈 (my wife) if she let me buy a hellcat I would not buy a new RC or pew pew for a whole year!! I don’t think I can make it a whole year!!!
Heck yeah! Hellcat!!!! In 2018 I bought a brand new Hemi Charger R/T. No HC, but I got the Hemi.

Your a smart dude! That's another lesson I had to learn. Don't get me wrong, I love a shiny new ride as much as anyone but the depreciation is incredible. At 231k miles, its become a contest how many miles I can get out of my jeep! :LOL:
I had plans for a k24a2 turbo awd swap, but that's where I'm at, see how far I can take it. I wanna be like Million Mile Joe! The ODO died at 298,000 and change around 10 years ago, so I've been keeping track of it on paper ever since. When it dies I'll swap it.

This. Very much this.
When my wife was still around I typically had between 3 and 5. Looking back, I wish I had not even had those, and spent every waking moment with her.
My kids are grown, my bills are paid. It's not about the money these days, and I live by myself, so it's not bothering anyone, its all about keeping my mind occupied, and my hands busy. So I buy whatever catches my fancy.
So to all of you guys with significant others, kids, etc., don't let the hobby take time away from your loved ones. Spend lots of time with them, that's what's important. Take my word for it, having all the RCs you want isnt what it's cracked up to be when it's all you've got left.
I feel the emotion in this post. Head up brother. Your advice is sage, everything in moderation and make sure you divide your time for the things that need you and the things you need. Life is a balance and there is no way around loss. You get one go round so try to have your arms around all the things that bring you joy. No other reason to really be here…. Share everything with everyone and try to make other pls lives better and have as much fun as you can.

That’s how I see it anyways.

I feel the emotion in this post. Head up brother. Your advice is sage, everything in moderation and make sure you divide your time for the things that need you and the things you need. Life is a balance and there is no way around loss. You get one go round so try to have your arms around all the things that bring you joy. No other reason to really be here…. Share everything with everyone and try to make other pls lives better and have as much fun as you can.

That’s how I see it anyways.
VERY much this, well said, both of you.

This. Very much this.
When my wife was still around I typically had between 3 and 5. Looking back, I wish I had not even had those, and spent every waking moment with her.
My kids are grown, my bills are paid. It's not about the money these days, and I live by myself, so it's not bothering anyone, its all about keeping my mind occupied, and my hands busy. So I buy whatever catches my fancy.
So to all of you guys with significant others, kids, etc., don't let the hobby take time away from your loved ones. Spend lots of time with them, that's what's important. Take my word for it, having all the RCs you want isnt what it's cracked up to be when it's all you've got left.

Last edited:
The new charger and challenger have the hellcat too
Can you still buy new Challengers and Chargers? I thought they were canceled last year.

1714415662963.png

Can you still buy new Challengers and Chargers? I thought they were canceled last year.

View attachment 363637
You can still buy brand new ones. There are TONS still sitting on lots because Dodge Dealers went crazy with the pricing mark-ups, apparently they think we're still in 2022 and there's a vehicle shortage. Dodge also overproduced the last model year. Most banks won't finance or give loans on them now b/c they see them as used, even though they're still technically "new". Tons of vids on YouTube about them rotting away on lots.

You can still buy brand new ones. There are TONS still sitting on lots because Dodge Dealers went crazy with the pricing mark-ups, apparently they think we're still in 2022 and there's a vehicle shortage. Dodge also overproduced the last model year. Most banks won't finance or give loans on them now b/c they see them as used, even though they're still technically "new". Tons of vids on YouTube about them rotting away on lots.
I tired buying a hellcat last year and they had a 10K market adjustment on all hellcats and demons. I told them there's no way I'm giving you 10k for fun!!!! Then dealer got a new GM at the end of February, and he took off all market adjustments and also gave a 5k discount. so, I saved 15K by waiting but it was still 112K. LOL

I tired buying a hellcat last year and they had a 10K market adjustment on all hellcats and demons. I told them there's no way I'm giving you 10k for fun!!!! Then dealer got a new GM at the end of February, and he took off all market adjustments and also gave a 5k discount. so, I saved 15K by waiting but it was still 112K. LOL
Hey, a penny saved is a penny earned. These greedy dealers are finally seeing the writing on the wall. Sounds like your dealership is doing what they can to finally move those units.

Your a smart dude! That's another lesson I had to learn. Don't get me wrong, I love a shiny new ride as much as anyone but the depreciation is incredible. At 231k miles, its become a contest how many miles I can get out of my jeep! :LOL:
Same here, although on top of how many miles can it go, it's also for the least amount of cash. I easily spend more on rc's than my daily driver.. for like the last 13 years!!😜🤣🤣🤛

I think the 5.7 sounds great with an aftermarket exhaust.
Its got a full exhaust system, not aftermarket, I put together the parts & pieces I wanted. It sounds good. Shorty SS headers, 3" dia X pipe, 10" long merge, 36" overall length, Black Widow race mufflers. 2-1/2" over axle

Same here, although on top of how many miles can it go, it's also for the least amount of cash. I easily spend more on rc's than my daily driver.. for like the last 13 years!!😜🤣🤣🤛

Yea, I'm less than $5000 total (mostly tires) over the 12 years I've owned the Accord. It just won't die, lol! I don't own anything newer than my '05 Yukon Denali and even it has over 225,000.

Its got a full exhaust system, not aftermarket, I put together the parts & pieces I wanted. It sounds good. Shorty SS headers, 3" dia X pipe, 10" long merge, 36" overall length, Black Widow race mufflers. 2-1/2" over axle
Ooo I bet she sounds beautiful! 5.7 Hemis sound amazing. Only thing I've done is a mid-muffler delete. I'll probably look into a simple Blastin Bobs exhaust setup in the future since my youngest is getting a lil older now. I got the Durango when she was still in moms' tummy, I wanted a crazy exhaust, but didn't think it'd be such a good idea with a newborn lol.

Yea, I'm less than $5000 total (mostly tires) over the 12 years I've owned the Accord. It just won't die, lol! I don't own anything newer than my '05 Yukon Denali and even it has over 225,000.
I hear ya man. I can't wait to pay this thing off. I'm keeping it til the wheels fall off. They can shove all these ultra hi-tech new cars. Just more stuff to break later on.

Back