Radiolink RC8X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose it's possible, but I really don't think so no.
I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but Life batteries fall off a cliff. It will stay at the same voltage (about 3.2-3.3v/cell) for about 90% of its charge, and then take a nosedive right at the end to empty.

What did you set the battery alarm to?

I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but Life batteries fall off a cliff. It will stay at the same voltage (about 3.2-3.3v/cell) for about 90% of its charge, and then take a nosedive right at the end to empty.

What did you set the battery alarm to?
I probably killed it as I set the low voltage alarm to 7 volts for the NIMH and then didn't adjust it for the LiFe pack ☹️

It's gotta be possible to use the rotary knob (default is channel 3) to control RPM on a couple of variable speed fans right? I wouldn't know where to start to find out other than ask here.

I still haven't gotten the gyro system down quite right but I want to say the 7 and 8 series receivers behave better than the 6 series receivers, could be pure coincidence though.

I just got one during the Amazon deals sale. Only using it for my Limitless. Did a run yesterday and signal seems to be very good at distance. I'm running to 850mAh 2s lipos in series for 4s. No, the lipos don't fit so I created a "sock" to slide over the base of the transmitter and secure them. Running the last gen R7FG receiver because I already installed longer antennas on it. Hopefully no issues when attempting a full out speed run. Yesterday was just a quick 109 mph pass on 6s
20230711_201703.jpg

The stock 1700 mAh battery pack lasts for 8 hours at 50% brightness - good enough for a day at the track.

However, this looks like a good option if you need a little more capacity and want to maintain the stock look (and keep using the nice carrying case).

https://m.banggood.com/7_4V-2800mAh...for-RadioLink-RC8X-Transmitter-p-1980558.html

Has anyone here tried it yet? Wondering if the advertised capacity is accurate.

Haven't tried it but passes the smell test. It's a low C battery (8C) which can have higher capacity at smaller size.
2800 seems a bit on the high side though, considering the price it's worth a risk. I'm sticking with my 1700 LiFe for now.
You can assign a switch to turn of the backlight, I use ~ 95% to see something in daylight and switch the screen off when using.

Some feedback on RC8. Overall, highly recommended. I was able to get mine on sale for $200 w 2 receivers during XMAS sale on Aliexpress.

LiFe battery linked above fits and at 1600mAh you will get ~9h. You have to remove it for charging, kind of obvious but still annoying.
Screen brightness, all above is true but if you use telemetry for your model lipo, you need 85% or brighter out in the real world to make it readable. Those numbers are tiny (age doesn't help). I did map an on/off button to the screen, easy to do, and you can probably increase hours doing it.
Minimum current draw is ~ 120mA and using that math you can get ~ 12-14h absolute max. with a little capacity left to not destroy your battery.
If they had just made that battery compartment a bit bigger, I could fit 3S or 18650 in here and would run for weeks. They have the room, this thing is shorter than the RC7.

Observations:
Receiver bind, I had 2 occurrences where the bind was lost, or so I thought. Make sure your transmitter is at least 3 ft away when binding or when turning on. Not fully verified yet, but had no recurrence since I've been doing it. Seems to be a bigger issue with the new RC8 receivers.

Receivers - you have to select the correct generation prior binding if you want improvements. Easy to select in receiver menu. These receivers are some of the best in the industry, imho. At least for bashing.

Menus are intuitive, no need for a manual.
99% of the options I will never use, but they are logically sorted and can be skipped easily.
Touchscreen is very good, no fat-fingering yet.

Model memory - I have no idea how to sort them consistently. Tried numbering etc, somewhat annoying. You add a model and everything shifts.
If someone knows the secret here, let me know.

You can copy models to get a good baseline.
No way these can be saved to my knowledge, you make a firmware update and you start over.
Firmware updates are rare, but I expect at least one more.

Battery alarms - works for telemetry(model battery) as well as local.
Reality check, those silly alarms go off even if the model is still off, kind of 'duh of course' effect but annoying. Might just turn off that feature again, not as useful in real life in my applications. I hardly ever turn off my transmitter.
The rc8x can actually handle up to 15v guys the life packs are great for spektrum and others but to get the full range your gonna want to run a 3s Lipo as I do that pic rite from the radio link site

IMG_1058.jpeg

Biggest complaint I have on the RC8 is the poopy battery compartment, just a tiny bit bigger would open soooo many options.
Still loving my Life pack though.

I thought you can't even kill them, just do a trickle charge to revive?
Also set auto off when voltage is critical.

Back