Radiolink RC8X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Can it be? Seems Radiolink is dropping a new radio this week. Calling it the RC8X and looks alot like a Futaba 10PX. Not alot of info yet, seems Radiolink is being quiet about it but other sites already have a pre-order campaign going. 349 pounds equates to just over $500 CAD. Even the receiver for it has seen a price increase.
This is going to be interesting.
Screenshot_20220926-071801_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220926-071810_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220926-071226_Samsung Internet.jpg

That thing looks pretty cool. You can even change font, colors, etc. Got split screen for FPV. Cruise control too! Lol Not sure I need all that for the price but looks very interesting!

Love how the website reads. 😂
"During the weekend, before the father brings his son and daughter to have an RC car teaching, the driving parameters can be preset according to their own feel and control proficiency."

Really tempting

(if you want a throttle control for speed running) Radiolink's throttle speed function at best can do a 2-3 second throttle ramp-up.
Wants to look like a Futaba. Will never be one however. :giggle:

I wonder if the Range will also be on par with the 4GS and 6GS.....:unsure:
What a disappointment that would be, if it were not, and at that pricepoint.:rolleyes:
SkyRC NB4 and Pro version seem to be its competitors. More so the Pro. ( display wise and price)
NB4 seems to be a good value. Priced in the middle.
Un-modded, my 6GS is best for my speed runs.

Wants to look like a Futaba. Will never be one however. :giggle:

I wonder if the Range will also be on par with the 4GS and 6GS.....:unsure:
What a disappointment that would be, if it were not, and at that pricepoint.:rolleyes:
SkyRC NB4 and Pro version seem to be its competitors. More so the Pro. ( display wise and price)
NB4 seems to be a good value. Priced in the middle.
Un-modded, my 6GS is best for my speed runs.

This new one is claiming 1800 ft range. Appears to use the same 7-channel dual antenna RX as the RC6GS v2

well my only regret about the Px10 is that I didn't get it earlier. This looks nice but price is pretty high unless it can provide a premium experience

well my only regret about the Px10 is that I didn't get it earlier. This looks nice but price is pretty high unless it can provide a premium experience
I felt the same way about my 7PXR. I first tried the highly praised low cost alternatives: FlySky GT5 & Radiolink RC6GS but I didn't like how they felt in my hand and I didn't like how the gyros acted in comparison to Spektrum's AVC. Then got a 4PV followed by a 4PX. I then got what I wanted from the get go. To be fair, the only feature the 7PX has that the 4PX doesn't is the home screen telemetry gauges which, one could argue, are more of a gimmick than a feature. Is it strictly necessary? No. But I do like this particular gimmick if you want to call it that :)

I think I'm probably going to wind up selling my GT5, RC6GS, 4PV and possibly the 4PX. I don't really use them and they feel a bit superfluous at this point. Although the 4PX is worth about as much as a decent new vehicle which I'd get a lot more out of.

I felt the same way about my 7PXR. I first tried the highly praised low cost alternatives: FlySky GT5 & Radiolink RC6GS but I didn't like how they felt in my hand and I didn't like how the gyros acted in comparison to Spektrum's AVC. Then got a 4PV followed by a 4PX. I then got what I wanted from the get go. To be fair, the only feature the 7PX has that the 4PX doesn't is the home screen telemetry gauges which, one could argue, are more of a gimmick than a feature. Is it strictly necessary? No. But I do like this particular gimmick if you want to call it that :)

I think I'm probably going to wind up selling my GT5, RC6GS, 4PV and possibly the 4PX. I don't really use them and they feel a bit superfluous at this point. Although the 4PX is worth about as much as a decent new vehicle which I'd get a lot more out of.
I remember reading a thread about you talking about the Futaba. When I left the thread you had convinced me I didn't want it 🤣. The whole couple of channels thing was a big turn off. I'm interested in this new radiolink though, hopefully it will be worth the price.

I remember reading a thread about you talking about the Futaba. When I left the thread you had convinced me I didn't want it 🤣. The whole couple of channels thing was a big turn off. I'm interested in this new radiolink though, hopefully it will be worth the price.
I understand what you mean. I was a little dismayed myself when I discovered it. The thing is, you can either have seven channels OR four with telemetry. But not seven channels AND telemetry. I can live with the tradeoff. I mean, technically I could free up a channel by unplugging the AUX wire of the XLX2. I don't even use it presently as I found a setting in the 7PXR that does the same thing as the max power adjustment.

Yep
Best to buy what you want the first time around. I just did my own version of buyers remorse. 3pv=>4pm=>10px
Now I’m wondering why I waited so long….

Yep
Best to buy what you want the first time around. I just did my own version of buyers remorse. 3pv=>4pm=>10px
Now I’m wondering why I waited so long….
Because we think we're smarter than our gut instinct.

The question is if List price will come down a bit to a "street price", like the NB4 did.
Wishful thinking.

Back