Mojave Questions about the open spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eno

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 3s
For those of you who run the Mojave on gravel, do you have issues with the open spur/pinion?

And do you think the Mojave is overly loud?

Yep, just the nature of the hobby. You can run a screen but it’s restrictive for airflow to critical electrical cooling.

Aluminum center diff housing is a requirement but it won’t prevent this if a hard pebble gets pinched. Only happened once and I run gravel every bash.

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

I Have been running dirt shrouds on both my Slashes and both Mojaves from the begining. I have not noticed heat issues. I do run fans on all motors and i run oversized ESC's and motors, though. I Like the shrouds. The way they mount on the chassis, makes all dirt fall off through the side guards, instead of scooping everything into the chassis.

For those of you who run the Mojave on gravel, do you have issues with the open spur/pinion?

And do you think the Mojave is overly loud?
I run in gravel a lot but have not had a problem with this. Maybe once in the last four years. I don’t remember that but I think it’s just part of it. If you ever hear anything different or see a slight difference in performance stop and have a look. Really had more problems with rocks in the steering. Hell I’ve changed servos and found a rock to be wedged in some out of sight place. Part of the deal. Bash on!!

In the summer I run a piece of pet proof nylon screening over my truck. I cut a rectangle out and Shoe Goo some velcro to it. It won't keep out dust or water but nothing else will get past it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back