Infraction Infraction handbrake questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why a decent transmitter couldn't use the reverse input of the trigger as a variable mechanical brake(servo control), basically becoming a gas/nitro. You would just lighten or remove the ESC's brake parameter.

Unless you want to be able to brake while under acceleration power, which as you found out creates heat throughout the entire system.

I would want to use the brake under full power. Kinda like heal and toe into the turn. If I actually hit the brakes I would spin off the track. Oval is full pin most of the time. Being able to slow down just a touch would be good and lifting the throttle does that already.

It might be possible to use a servo saver in design as this one. ARAC8883. 25t, internal spring, or a ARA340181 23t, also internal spring. It might be a thought, instead of a solid servo arm, to begin to engineer a way to modulate the brake feel you want.

It has all that built in. It is easy to modulate. It might even work. But after messing with it . I have serious doubts.
Plus the first race is in a couple weeks and I have to finished the winter indoor racing series with double points races and all that. Plus the outdoor off road season starts as soon as the track is ready. ( I have to do most of that also).
I’ll leave it on and try it out and see how it works before removing it to save weight.

Back