Kraton Questions regarding battery fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma6

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am pretty new to RC and completely new to larger scale. I got a new Kraton 6S Exb recently and I am having some issue with the batteries I bought in advance for it. So I will post some pics with them attached so you guys can see wether they are mounted on there securely or not.

I got three batteries. Two Cnhl 4S and one 6S. The 6S fits good in there but the other two I am concerned about. Especially the 4S G plus 6000mah. It's like almost 170 mm long, 60mm wide and 33mm in height. I have to put the 33mm side sideways obviously because 60mm is way to wide. The problem with this is that it becomes to narrow with only 33cm sideways. You'll see in the pics.

With the Racing 4S and 6S version, it's no problem with width. But basically the length might be. They are about 165mm. All three are longer than 158 I think Arrmas max is. People say length isn't a problem but I'm concerned that the final bit will be exposed when driving. Here are the pics:
20240402_174200.jpg
20240402_174208.jpg
20240402_174652.jpg
20240403_144423.jpg
20240403_145420.jpg

look secure to me, if the length concerns you enough you can do something similar to what I’ve done, relocating the receiver box from in front of the battery tray and then moving the tray as far forward as you can. I put another battery tray facing the opposite direction behind it on mine so I can shift weight+ run big battery’s and 8s

IMG_8787.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

IMG_8817.jpeg

Thanks guys. Cool, I take it the length isn't that big of a deal then. Moving the receiver box seems like a good idea. I am worried about the G plus battery. It might look secure but no matter how tight I do it up lengthwise with the long strap, it seems like the strap doesn't need much to slide off to the side. Because the battery is thin and rounded of on that side. I don't know how well the short strap in the middle would hold it in case the long one came off.

I'll have to just try and see then. That battery was probably meant to be stacked to make 8S, given it's size.

I have another question about the diffs. I should have put it also in the first post. I've read that Exb Kraton has had issues with the rear diff. Is that fixed now? Should I turn the rear diff in to a limited slip diff?

Thanks guys. Cool, I take it the length isn't that big of a deal then. Moving the receiver box seems like a good idea. I am worried about the G plus battery. It might look secure but no matter how tight I do it up lengthwise with the long strap, it seems like the strap doesn't need much to slide off to the side. Because the battery is thin and rounded of on that side. I don't know how well the short strap in the middle would hold it in case the long one came off.

I'll have to just try and see then. That battery was probably meant to be stacked to make 8S, given it's size.

I have another question about the diffs. I should have put it also in the first post. I've read that Exb Kraton has had issues with the rear diff. Is that fixed now? Should I turn the rear diff in to a limited slip diff?
You're probably right on the g plus battery, I don't have any experience with them. All I have for mine is the 6200mah 90c batteries.
To my knowledge all 3 diffs on the EXB are limited slip and I haven't really seen much on diff problems aside from making sure they're at the correct fill level of oil

You're probably right on the g plus battery, I don't have any experience with them. All I have for mine is the 6200mah 90c batteries.
To my knowledge all 3 diffs on the EXB are limited slip and I haven't really seen much on diff problems aside from making sure they're at the correct fill level of oil
I'm pretty sure the rear is an open diff. It was someone on Reddit actually that told me they still have issues. At least I know they used to because I've seen threads on the subject here myself. But don't know if it's the same on the new one.

This thread peaked my interest. I'm having a problem with the short wire length of my HW quicrun 150a ESC reaching the battery connectors. I don't know what to do on that. I can BARELY stretch em' to meet up. It's a SWB truck, so no extra room either.

This thread peaked my interest. I'm having a problem with the short wire length of my HW quicrun 150a ESC reaching the battery connectors. I don't know what to do on that. I can BARELY stretch em' to meet up. It's a SWB truck, so no extra room either.
They make extensions. I don’t have a link handy.

They make extensions. I don’t have a link handy.
That's okay. I thought about extensions. Just wasn't sure about whether that would cause more resistance/heat in the long run.

Back