Problem pairing SLT3 to SR315

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogsRFun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Heyo everyone.

After my problem with my tx on my Typhon 6s, Josh was awesome enough to send me his SLT3 for me to use. I still haven't even heard back from HH about the faulty tx, I'll have to email them again.

I just got the transmitter, excited about it, but I can't seem to pair it.

I followed the instructions on the SR315 manual, and this video:

Nothing. The receiver blinks fast, but turning on the tx does nothing.

I tried factory resetting the SLT3, but still nothing.

The receiver just keeps blinking fast, and turning the wheel on the tx does not move the wheels on the car.

What am I doing wrong?

There was a discrepancy on how to put the SLT3 into bind mode. The manual says to hold down the bind button, then power it on. I did that first, it flashed, but no bind when I turned on the tx.

Then I followed the video, which said to turn it on, then hit the bind button 3 times. It flashed, but no bind when I turned on the tx.

Last edited:
How close is the transmitter to the Rx when you tried to bind?
You might try to move the Tx further away like 4-5 ft..

Tried it, it didn't help. I tried it about every foot from 1 to 10 feet away.

I can get the old one to bind, so maybe Josh's is a different version? I've been googling and can't find anyone else having this problem.

Man, I'm so happy that you got it already, that was fast!! That sucks that you can't get it to bind tho😕 It shouldn't matter that it was from a 3s, should it? I just read the binding directions on the spektrum website. It says to power on the receiver, hit the bind button 3x quickly, the receiver should blink quickly with a pause, then turn the transmitter on. Is that the process you used? Are you sure the batteries you put in the tx are good? Just spitballing here, because honestly it's been almost a year since I last used it. Please keep me updated on how everything goes

Tried it, it didn't help. I tried it about every foot from 1 to 10 feet away.

I can get the old one to bind, so maybe Josh's is a different version? I've been googling and can't find anyone else having this problem.

Photos of what you're looking at..
Let's get everyone on the same page here , instead of just reading words.

A quick video would be even better.
👀

Man, I'm so happy that you got it already, that was fast!! That sucks that you can't get it to bind tho😕 It shouldn't matter that it was from a 3s, should it? I just read the binding directions on the spektrum website. It says to power on the receiver, hit the bind button 3x quickly, the receiver should blink quickly with a pause, then turn the transmitter on. Is that the process you used? Are you sure the batteries you put in the tx are good? Just spitballing here, because honestly it's been almost a year since I last used it. Please keep me updated on how everything goes
Yeah it was great it got here early! Thanks a lot! I wanted to get it working before I PMed you.

The batteries are fresh from the package, that was one of the two processes I used. I'll try a video, what do you guys use for hosting? Just put them on youtube and link here?

Yeah it was great it got here early! Thanks a lot! I wanted to get it working before I PMed you.

The batteries are fresh from the package, that was one of the two processes I used. I'll try a video, what do you guys use for hosting? Just put them on youtube and link here?

Yes.
Post to YT & link here.
Easy peasy

Sorry that it's in portait, I'm not used to filming or uploading to youtube. If I sound a bit tired it's cus I spent about half an hour trying to make this and had to re-film it a few times.

The ESC lights are not making sense to me, nor is the sequence on binding, but in the end, I was able to get the old Tx paired, but not Josh's.

I'm not sure why I had to set it to bind mode, then turn off the main power, then turn on the Tx without hitting the bind button. If I did hit the bind button, it wouldn't work. Also the bind button the receiver was basically just working as holding it down fully for a moment or so, not pressing it 3 times.

Well shoot. It's 12:30 in the morning and the dog was asleep behind me. I started playing the video, he heard the power on tones and is now bouncing around the room whining and going crazy.

Poor puppy.

Just an update, Horizon sent me a replacement Tx, and even though it took a while to get here after some snow storm delivery delays, it paired up immediately and works fine now. Range is good, everything works.

Of course I immediately snapped the front rod end, but that's my problem.

On a side note, I'm looking up how to replace the shock rod end, and one video says to try the Ar330409, which he claims is just a heavy duty end. Is that true? The exploded stock view shows Ar330408 as the original one.

It looks like I'll need a shock tool too, something like the Tekno RC 1115 Pivot Ball & Aluminum Shock Multi- Tool, is that right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back