Poll: If ARRMA does not change out the Spektrum STX2 in the next line up will you really not buy one?

Will you buy the next ARRMA RTR release if they still include the Spektrum STX2 system?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, the STX2 is an unavoidable collateral damage which won't stop me from getting ARRMA innovative design and car quality. I happen to have already better remotes and pile of spare receivers to use, but if I don't, why not just buy a new good remote with reasonable price, it's a long term investment, can be used for many cars. So don't let yourself to miss a great product just because of a cheap crap radio that comes with it.

The radios are a product of HH owning Arrma. It's not their call.

While that is true it doesn't make much sense from a business perspective - the STX line uses FHSS everything else uses DSM2/DSMX/DSMR so even to replace the RTR TX you need to throw out the RX unlike for Losi who are also HH owned and typically use the DX2E/active and support binding to any of Spektrums better radios right out the box

It almost looks like a failed FHSS experiment from Spektrum that is pushed through a single sales channel ...

The radios are a product of HH owning Arrma. It's not their call. Let's just say that someone very high up in Arrma once told me to ditch the "sh!t radio." That's not a paraphrase either. Word for word. Does that sound like something someone would say who had a direct say in including said radio? ? They had no choice.
I believe that. But I can't imagine HH being completely ignorant of the radio being a little lack luster. If they decide to keep putting these out I honestly think it will effect their sales. And if they don't take that into account, that's their issue and none of my concern. I honestly don't care what they do, I just weigh my options when it comes time to pick a new rig. My last purchase was a Tamiya kit to save money on the model and buy a radio to run it.

Are the old Tactics selling for a lot of money? I guess you could buy a Traxxas and hey a better radio but is that more cost effective than buying am Arrma and getting a used Tactic? Maybe it is. The STX is a crap radio no doubt.

Once I get in these couple more rx from Ali I'm gonna put two Tactic setups on classifieds. I already sold two here to the same member. I'll save one for nostalgia.

I won't not buy a good truck because it comes with a bad rtr rx and tx. I'm even gonna donate both stx2 to the local high school robotics team. A better radio is essential when we start having several models. Same with flight twin stick radios. Wish there were more bind and drive options from Arrma but whatever.

Hard to recommend any Arrma to a new hobbiest with that radio. Just about any non Arrma/horizon rtr of 150$ or more comes with a better radio. Someone that just wants to rip around the work parking lot a lunch time does not want to buy another radio. If that same guy has an $80 wltoys a949b or redact volcano that car will respond better, no kidding, i know this for fact, its a real shame.
It does not effect me, I have tons of servos, radios, receivers what ever..it’s the teenager who spent every penny he has on the best rc he could afford. He should have better radio gear. Come on now, Arrma/horizon did not know their radio is crap? It’s all they freakn do is rc...

Poor excuse - turn it around, you can perfectly handle a truck even with a pee poor radio
I never blame the radio, I blame my poor driving skills

Majority of RTR electronics go on ebay as I only run quality gear. So, no, I’ll still buy Arrma in the future.

I bought my grandkids each a $70 WLToys RTR that have better radios than the STX2. There is NO REASON economics are at play. Like I said before, they used to come with a Tactic at the same price. This was a move to dump inventory of a bad product.

I bought my grandkids each a $70 WLToys RTR that have better radios than the STX2. There is NO REASON economics are at play. Like I said before, they used to come with a Tactic at the same price. This was a move to dump inventory of a bad product.
I have a couple of those vehicles too. Definitely a better radio included. I don't use em so I should put those up on classifieds as well.

pretty much what I am thinking and they had the STX3 lined up already ... never owned a tactic so cant compare but I generally owned more premium transmitters anyway
The Tactic is no frills but it works just fine.

This pole is moot, Horizon is going to swap out the STX2 because the STX2 is now discontinued, it will get replaced by the STX3 once the stock of STX2s are gone.

Late to the party. Only Arrma aficionados know how bad the STX2 is, and most will switch it out right away. I spoke to a guy at a lhs about this, and he said the average new RTR buyer doesn't realize the deficiencies. They actually sell STX2'S off the shelf for many who want out of the stock radios that come with their trucks. The radio has an issue that not every user will encounter. I've got three trucks that came with one, and I replaced them with Tactics I bought from Jennys Rc. Small price to pay all things considered. Now I have a radio that allows for multiple receivers, but I didn't stop buying Arrmas before I had it. The draw is the truck itself, not the radio it comes with. If you buy an inferior truck to get a better radio, that seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Late to the party. Only Arrma aficionados know how bad the STX2 is, and most will switch it out right away. I spoke to a guy at a lhs about this, and he said the average new RTR buyer doesn't realize the deficiencies. They actually sell STX2'S off the shelf for many who want out of the stock radios that come with their trucks. The radio has an issue that not every user will encounter. I've got three trucks that came with one, and I replaced them with Tactics I bought from Jennys Rc. Small price to pay all things considered. Now I have a radio that allows for multiple receivers, but I didn't stop buying Arrmas before I had it. The draw is the truck itself, not the radio it comes with. If you buy an inferior truck to get a better radio, that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
Truth be told and being new to the hobby I don't think I would have noticed the lag if it wasn't for all the videos and forum posts saying it's crap ?

Truth be told and being new to the hobby I don't think I would have noticed the lag if it wasn't for all the videos and forum posts saying it's crap ?
This is what I'm talking about. To anyone new, the radio would seem normal. Not perfect, but manageable. Lots of people will buy brand new Arrmas and get that same amazing feeling of bashing one of the industry's greatest RTR trucks. With time, hopefully they will increase their fleet and learn there are better radios available if they want it.

Back