Kraton Please send help, going slightly mad (K4s 2.5 center drive shaft)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becarefull using these dust covers.i bought one and it caused everything to over heat.i took it off and my temps were back to normal. From what I noticed it doesn't allow for free air flow .or enough.so just some food for thought
Good point, yes. So far I've been driving at 0-15C, so have not experienced issues with excessive heat. Will have to see how it goes during summer. So overall, my main idea is to craft a proper drive shaft cover.

I have the xlwb and it fits just fine

The pic I posted of just the shaft i just realized was an outcast shaft. I have both shafts lol
Ah, I see. Will explore this drive shaft. Thank you for the link!

I want to try one of those dusty motors covers on my outcast, it's the world's worst at collecting grass and every dang thing else in there. Clogging up the fans, making it run hotter, and a pain to get cleaned out

@King blitz No doubt! It's just... I live waaay too far :D

Also, all the 3D print files (that I've seen online) for the cover are sadly outdated (not for K4s 2.5 specifically).

So far I've been prototyping one. The plan is to make a rough one, then cut a much more precise one from some thick foam, take measurements and get it 3D printed with the help of my friend :)

(here is the very first very rough idea)

1713043083041.jpeg

I want to try one of those dusty motors covers on my outcast, it's the world's worst at collecting grass and every dang thing else in there. Clogging up the fans, making it run hotter, and a pain to get cleaned out

From my limited experience of using it on K4s v2.5 - it's a nice thing to have. Keeps a lot of debris away.
On the other hand, if a rock gets inside it'll have hard time finding a way out. That's how my center drive shaft got damaged, I think.

Also, all the 3D print files (that I've seen online) for the cover are sadly outdated (not for K4s 2.5 specifically).

So far I've been prototyping one. The plan is to make a rough one, then cut a much more precise one from some thick foam, take measurements and get it 3D printed with the help of my friend :)

View attachment 360787

From my limited experience of using it on K4s v2.5 - it's a nice thing to have. Keeps a lot of debris away.
On the other hand, if a rock gets inside it'll have hard time finding a way out. That's how my center drive shaft got damaged, I think.
Pretty cool idea bud😁👍 hope it works well. Show us your final product when you finish.👍

View attachment 360787

I believe I'll get one to try, I've spent more on less ideas in my day 😂 that driveshaft cover is going to be awesome!

I upgraded my Kraton 4s v1 to the 2.5 chassis, and used the original center driveshaft from the v1 chassis. It fits just fine, is plenty long enough and works without issue.

Back