Kraton 20 million center diff grease in Kraton 4s 2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think that is bad? My center diff on my Kraton v2.5 was missing the bearing between the front and read output shaft/gears (the little tiny one circled in the pic) and didn't even have any fluid in it. That would have not been good if I ran it without it. Good thing I learned to open them up and check before a first run.

View attachment 361128.
Holy crap that would be bad!

You think that is bad? My center diff on my Kraton v2.5 was missing the bearing between the front and read output shaft/gears (the little tiny one circled in the pic) and didn't even have any fluid in it. That would have not been good if I ran it without it. Good thing I learned to open them up and check before a first run.

Wow :oops: This is something I have not paid attention to when looking inside. Welp, we'll live and see.

View attachment 361128.
Not as bad as you think. I upgraded my K4Sv2 to the 2.5 center diff. Long story short - several packs later through it with the stock fluid I took it apart only because I wanted to change the fluid only to find out that bearing was missing. It worked fine. There was definitely less (none?) in/out play of the out drives with one in though. I thought it was missing the shims initially.

Back