Kraton Please send help, going slightly mad (K4s 2.5 center drive shaft)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi all!

So my lovely K4s 2.5 will seemingly need a new center drive shaft soon, as rocks are eating it away.
I am looking at options on AliExpress/Amazon - stuff made from aluminum. Feels like it might be sturdier? Hopefully.

Thing is, 99% of sellers are not giving dimensions of the product, just Arrma product codes. Also, 99% of the center drive shafts I see are for 3s/4s Granite, Senton, Typhon, Vorteks and any other model, except Kraton 4s 2.5.

From what I measured, the distance between the front diff and center diff on K4s 2.5 is around 24cm. The stock center drive shaft is roughly 25cm when not compressed. In this state, there is around 3.5cm of the longer shaft in the short one.

Soo... I am trying to understand if any of those Granite, Senton, Typhon, Vorteks drive shafts would fit K4s 2.5? Arrma does not state any dimensions on their web either.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Or just send mental help. Thank you in any case =)

PS. I am based in Europe.

For example
This looks like it MIGHT fit. But no dimensions, ehh https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005701494542.html

In other news, this one is 278g long. Which is... interesting.

1712846755069.png

Last edited:
I got a aluminum one for my moijave 4s and with sand and stuff getting in it and the aluminum itself deforming slighty because its made with cheap stuff it made it very annoying to remove when I needed to. Going to keep using it but I will replace it with a plastic one when the time comes. Regarding your question granite/senton/typhon will not be long enough sadly, the new 2.5 chassis is quite a bit longer than them

I have a K4sv2 and I up graded to the new center diff. I used my stock drive shaft. All if not most 3s cars do not run the XL chassis. I think that the stock one would be best. It's cheep and it works.

Maybe you should try something like this.

Not the best example but there is some good looking ones for the 6s which have fine holes in.

This one being waterproof, I’d be worried about overheating.

IMG_8493.png

@danny1202 I actually have and use one of these from Dusty Motors. It helps keeping dirt away.
On the other hand, if a rock gets inside, it will most probably have hard time getting out of the chassis. The seal is not ideal, so rocks do get inside.

@neighborhater383ci Hmm, this does not look like a XLWB chassis tho. Might be too short.
One of the comment on eBay says "Item did not fit my Kraton V2 so seller let me send it back.". So it looks like it's too short for XLWB, sadly.

Maybe you should try something like this.

Not the best example but there is some good looking ones for the 6s which have fine holes in.

This one being waterproof, I’d be worried about overheating.

View attachment 360326
Becarefull using these dust covers.i bought one and it caused everything to over heat.i took it off and my temps were back to normal. From what I noticed it doesn't allow for free air flow .or enough.so just some food for thought

@neighborhater383ci Hmm, this does not look like a XLWB chassis tho. Might be too short.
One of the comment on eBay says "Item did not fit my Kraton V2 so seller let me send it back.". So it looks like it's too short for XLWB, sadly.
I have the xlwb and it fits just fine

The pic I posted of just the shaft i just realized was an outcast shaft. I have both shafts lol

Last edited:
Back