Perfect Pass Speed Run Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set on order to try out. They looked very soft and bouncy in the video, for as much as Raz had the collars cranked down.. But, in the in car video the springs were doing a good job of controlling the wheel’s motion and keeping it planted. Also, I haven’t had a bad PP product yet and I have tried many of them so I’m inclined to give the springs the benefit of the doubt

Got em finally. They seem more progressive than linear

View attachment 289575
They're definitely progressive rate springs. They have to be. That's the only way they can be soft under low compression and then go stiff as a wedding 🍆 when you go past a couple of mm. Looking forward to getting mine. They won't be here til middle of April but that's fine. Weather is still an ice cream :poop:ing taco here.

And he says these eliminate the need for limiters and all the other jazz we do to make the other shocks work (provided it's set up correctly of course) so I'm gonna take him at his word and take all my limiters out. I have to say, I look forward to having some usable suspension travel again :)

Raz's products have not disappointed so far (the ones I've tried anyways) and I'm confident these will do what they say on the tin.

I don't think you guys will need any limiters and I like with what I'm seeing with only 8.5 mm rear and 6.5 front preload. Big difference compared to stock. Looking forward to hearing what you speed runners think about them.

Pretty amazing that these springs can mitigate bad car setups and bodies with poor aerodynamics:

View attachment 289078

Only teasing of course, I hope this does help people. In general the perfect pass line of products has been great so far and I would assume these are also. My prediction is that the front springs are considerably softer than the rear, which will be hard as a rock.

They seem very reasonably priced for front and rear springs. But I've already setup mine to mitigate back flips and blow overs. Maybe on the next one.

I swapped my front springs (38lbf/in) for the stiffest factory springs I can find and also added "bump stops" to the front. It's got the proper rake and doesn't drag the belly on the ground anymore.

What's the dealio with fancy springs? Are they just a size and rate that is otherwise not readily available, or is there some new mystical nano-technology in them?

What's the dealio with fancy springs? Are they just a size and rate that is otherwise not readily available, or is there some new mystical nano-technology in them?
Yes all of the above and Disney Magic too.

If you watch Raz's video he says they are progressive coils. However, most progressive coil have variable coil spacing. Not Raz's Spring.
1680328054051.png

Maybe the springs are thicker diameter on one end?

I'm not a big fan of locking out suspension (infinite spring rate) because it transfers all the stress to the chassis and makes for an ill handling car on a less than perfect road and the care can skip. Maybe this will be good compromise between too stiff and too soft. They are the Goldilocks springs.

They seem very reasonably priced for front and rear springs. But I've already setup mine to mitigate back flips and blow overs. Maybe on the next one.

I swapped my front springs (38lbf/in) for the stiffest factory springs I can find and also added "bump stops" to the front. It's got the proper rake and doesn't drag the belly on the ground anymore.
It's a great price point. Joe Diaz springs cost me $50 and, not having used these PP springs yet, I'd be willing to bet a month's salary that these will be superior in every way.
They're not really "fancy" per se as progressive rate springs have been around for ages but, until now, no one had mass produced them for the Arrma 6S vehicles. The stock springs were fine to about 85-90mph but anything beyond that required making more invasive modifications to make them work. Stiffer springs became available at some point but those didn't really seem to address the actual issue people were having as speeds went higher and things like blow overs and other suspension induced crashes got more and more expensive. The speed running scene found solutions but they always felt more like band-aid solutions as opposed to addressing the underlying issue. If these do what they say on the tin (I have no reason to presume they don't/won't and say there's not a chance in hell that Raz would release these if they didn't...he has a reputation to maintain and protect and, if you were to do one last scam on your way out of the scene, you're most definitely not going to be doing it with a $35 set of springs) then I think the actual problem and underlying issue now have an actual solution.

I have to say, to my mind he's doing an excellent job of working his way down a laundry list of foibles, problems and technical shortcomings of the Arrma Infraction/Limitless platform and making tangible improvements that have measurable real world benefits and not just bling and fluff. Don't get me wrong, I think his products look good as well, but it's obvious that his primary focus is functionality in the context of speed running. In my view, between him and Scorched RC, they're really covering all of the bases for aftermarket parts (not including electronics of course, but Scorched has the machining/CNC side covered and Raz fills some of the gaps with ideas born from his own real world experience and their products are very complimentary imho).

If you watch Raz's video he says they are progressive coils. However, most progressive coil have variable coil spacing. Not Raz's Spring.
View attachment 289680

I'm not a big fan of locking out suspension (infinite spring rate) because it transfers all the stress to the chassis and makes for an ill handling car on a less than perfect road and the care can skip. Maybe this will be good compromise between too stiff and too soft. They are the Goldilocks springs.
Possibly. Or perhaps variation in how the metal is treated on different sections of the spring to increase/decrease stiffness, springiness and whatever other characteristics it can have that are relevant to how a spring performs.

This appears to have been his goal and I'm curious to see how they translate to all of the different surfaces people drive on. I can't imagine that he only tested them on his runway (which most people don't have) though I'm sure that's where the bulk of his testing took place. A runway like that is great in terms of space, width of the road and (virtually) nothing to hit as far as the eye can see (well...almost, but close enough) but if you listen to his car when he would drive down it, that thing is anything but smooth. It's a lot bumpier and uneven that it looks, optically on video.

Last edited:

View attachment 289680

Indeed, my rear springs would hop. As can be probably seen in some of the V1 and V2 runs. I should have some more videos that have never been posted on YouTube, but I’m hoping that these will fix some issues… especially with the the rubbing of the dog bones and CVD before hand… didn’t brand. I’ll post some pictures of them. But if I can ever stop being ocd about the new build. I’ll be able to test these out

We shall see, I’ve been using @RedondoBeachRC
Me too. I think I have the first gen on the build I’m doing now. Good to know what you said about the second gens. I was going to run them in an upcoming build.
I have a set of PP’s coming. Like @LibertyMKiii said, I’ll probably still run limiters, at least in the rear. But if these new springs really are “all that” or even “half that” you sure can’t argue about the 37.00 price tag. I like the color, too. Almost a Ti look.
Mighty nice of him to offer these springs at cost as a “community service” to help us in our quest.

Me too. I think I have the first gen on the build I’m doing now. Good to know what you said about the second gens. I was going to run them in an upcoming build.
I have a set of PP’s coming. Like @LibertyMKiii said, I’ll probably still run limiters, at least in the rear. But if these new springs really are “all that” or even “half that” you sure can’t argue about the 37.00 price tag. I like the color, too. Almost a Ti look.
Mighty nice of him to offer these springs at cost as a “community service” to help us in our quest.

I question the removal of the limiters at first; but upon installation and pushing down on the car; the car completely stops before it gets lower than the front; given the front ride height of my car is set at about 6-8mm. It really is incredible; whats good now is that I can remove about half of the preload I use to have on the rear. Allowing better suspension travel within the first few mm of travel.

I have to say I am quite impress with them and waiting for better weather to give it a go.

I question the removal of the limiters at first; but upon installation and pushing down on the car; the car completely stops before it gets lower than the front; given the front ride height of my car is set at about 6-8mm. It really is incredible; whats good now is that I can remove about half of the preload I use to have on the rear. Allowing better suspension travel within the first few mm of travel.

I have to say I am quite impress with them and waiting for better weather to give it a go.
That’s great feedback. Mine are out for delivery as we speak, I’m really interested in trying them. Going to take off the @RedondoBeachRC springs (which I really like) and put the PP springs on this build to check them out. And yes, a little more suspension would be appreciated!

Yes to what you're saying. I just put another set on my other limitless. I just bought some fuel line but I don't no why it would even be necessary with these springs. I am dying here waiting for someone to test them out. :)

That’s great feedback. Mine are out for delivery as we speak, I’m really interested in trying them. Going to take off the @RedondoBeachRC springs (which I really like) and put the PP springs on this build to check them out. And yes, a little more suspension would be appreciated!

I’m going to do the same when mine arrive :)

My set showed up a few days ago, got them installed today.
They are definitely progressive rate springs. I don't have a scientific way to test them, but I did some hand testing of them side by side with the Joe Diaz springs.
The Perfect Pass springs feel about the same as the Joe Diaz springs until you get to 1/4-1/3rd compression. Then they *really* stiffen up.
Doing the squat test (pushing down on the rear spoiler until the front tires lift), the car is almost dead level (this is a GT car not a stock limitless) when the front tires come up. I have a little bit left on spring tension collar, so with some more adjustment on the rears and setting my front down a pinch with the droop screws, I believe these will do what he says they will.
This is with stock shocks. I had a bushing in my front shocks to hard limit ride height without using the droop screws. I took those out.
I haven't run the car with them yet. I'm waiting for some loctite to set, and then I'm still testing the car on 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back