Opinions please…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So as some of you know, I’m out to build my Kraton into the ultimate basher. Something I can yeet into just about anything and survive. I’m going to be using mostly M2C parts, obviously, and before I order my chassis, I was wondering if I should run a shorter chassis (Outcast) or a longer chassis (Mojave).

Shorter means better backflips/wheelies and should resist bending.

Longer means better handling and drifting.

Or just stay in the middle with the Kraton sized chassis? Lemme know what you think.

Looks like you already know what each chassis might offer. Do you want to buy what the general AF population likes or what you like?
I’m mainly asking to make sure I’m not missing anything. I’m actually leaning heavily towards the shorter option, mainly for strength. I was just wondering if I missed any cons to doing that.

Since you already gave the pros and cons of the chassis’, it depends want you are planning to do with it your built:
- trying to get an aviation license;
- mostly surface bashing;
- a bit of both
Definitely aviation lol. I’m already designing the suspension to handle a very hard landing.

If you don't know what you want, then the Kraton is great. Very balanced truck, good mix of speed/handling/stunts. I would not go short unless you KNOW you want a wheelie / backflip machine, and I would not go big unless you KNOW you want a speed truck / four on the ground truck. If you are not sure, the Kraton is a good balance point.
Definitely aviation lol. I’m already designing the suspension to handle a very hard landing.
They all can fly, the question is just how many flips do you want them to do in the air... :)

Shorter also means a ltitle lighter, so you could add more bracing like a chassis bar and keep some of the power
This is a good point.
Who cares what we think. What do you want?
Just sharing ideas and seeing if there’s any angles I’ve missed.

I went with the short wheelbase. I built my outcast ground up and I thought about changing the chassis but I thought if I didn't like it I'd just do it later. I love driving it soo much. Where I run there is a strip of dirt in the middle of the BMX track and I can gun it there. The nose comes up a bit and then goes back down after I gain some speed. Backflips are no problem even off the smallest of jumps.
Do you like your Kraton as it sits right now? Do you want more wheelies? Just do what you want!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back