Please delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I was mistaken. Please delete post.

Last edited:
Are you talking the pins that hold the outdrive in the diff, or the pins that are in the dogbones/CVAs?

This is just common, you should know this in the line of work you are in.. the only pins that will be perfect are machine ground.. there isn't an extruded pin in the world that would spec out properly.. it's with everything manufactured this way, doesn't matter what it is, aluminum rod, steel rod, carbon rod etc.

With your measurements we are talking .023 thou.. at the worst.. a .020" fit isn't a bad number in mass manufacturing aspects.. we are talking a little bigger than a human hair.. they aren't press fit components, therefore it can never be .0000" in mass production.. it's a toy after all, not a space shuttle.. 👍

Are you talking the pins that hold the outdrive in the diff, or the pins that are in the dogbones/CVAs?
AR310440 is the pin that is installed through the outdrive in the diff cup.

Wait, I thought the Big Rock 6s came with EXB diff's, or no? I noticed the advertising didn't say they did (that I saw)..

EXB diff outdrive pins should be 2.5mm and BLX diff should have 2.25mm pins. (Yes on BLX measured thickness is around 2.2mm)

In the older BLX diffs there have been reports of that pin breaking. Others have beat their rigs to peices with more success.

Last edited:
This is just common, you should know this in the line of work you are in.. the only pins that will be perfect are machine ground.. there isn't an extruded pin in the world that would spec out properly.. it's with everything manufactured this way, doesn't matter what it is, aluminum rod, steel rod, carbon rod etc.

With your measurements we are talking .023 thou.. at the worst.. a .020" fit isn't a bad number in mass manufacturing aspects.. we are talking a little bigger than a human hair.. they aren't press fit components, therefore it can never be .0000" in mass production.. it's a toy after all, not a space shuttle.. 👍
Yes… usually ground in a centerless grinder through a vibration feeder. I know the process very well.

True, these aren’t aviation components. However, there has to be a level in conformity. Regardless of field of industry. If I install these pins, they will snap. Would you install them?
I made a mistake somewhere along the way. Sorry fellas. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes… usually ground in a centerless grinder through a vibration feeder. I know the process very well.

True, these aren’t aviation components. However, there has to be a level in conformity. Regardless of field of industry. If I install these pins, they will snap. Would you install them?

Absolutely I would, and I do, I actually still run the non exb version..these rigs are run all over the world with the same out of spec pins.. even 200mph speed rigs...😎....100% the only breakage you will see in these components will be driver error, wether it's standing full throttle backflips, or landing a jump on throttle, which would equate to the same forces applied...

The original rtr pins are much more fragile, as well as the gear sets.. I believe you would be hard pressed to have a pin failure without profuse physical abuse..

As a side note, I absolutely hate text/type.. everything sounds so snarky when you read it.. I apologize if my type comes across that way, it is not my intention, just conversation from a knowledgeable man to a knowledgeable man... 👍

Absolutely I would, and I do, I actually still run the non exb version..these rigs are run all over the world with the same out of spec pins.. even 200mph speed rigs...😎....100% the only breakage you will see in these components will be driver error, wether it's standing full throttle backflips, or landing a jump on throttle, which would equate to the same forces applied...

The original rtr pins are much more fragile, as well as the gear sets.. I believe you would be hard pressed to have a pin failure without profuse physical abuse..

As a side note, I absolutely hate text/type.. everything sounds so snarky when you read it.. I apologize if my type comes across that way, it is not my intention, just conversation from a knowledgeable man to a knowledgeable man... 👍
No worries. All good here. Since we’re being open, I can be high-strung and dry at times. Comes with the job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back