Limitless Open wheel limitless aero??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Alright so we all know the open wheel isnt the best car for the aerodynamics, but i was wondering what would be the best combo for my car.
I currently have the raz wing top brace on it which is flat, but im wondering, what do i do to the front? Fins or no fins in the back?
@LibertyMKiii you the man for this stuff!

0773050E-DB4A-4FD6-BFA0-428615AC9BBB.png

CCFD7B80-CE13-4C25-8028-AE110120C029.jpeg

I'd trim a little off the front, but it is useful to keep some there.
It adds much needed front downforce and helps move air up and over the arms/suspension that are not aerodynamically shapped.

View attachment 254974
Alright thats what i was thinking, you need some or else when the car gets really moving the drag in the front will send it to the stars.
what about the rear? You saying fins or no fins?
fins add stability, but they also add drag, im not sure.
(i think keep the fins but it is always good to have someone else as a backup voice)

On another note, the Raz wing will perform better if you round the front leading edges.

Shape #2 vs Shape #4

View attachment 254975
Alright, the stock fins are closer to the raz wing, so ill start with them.

im saying this thread is about over, so heres a cute dog.

114C572F-B541-4E56-8F97-1ABED1CCEB7E.jpeg

Alright thats what i was thinking, you need some or else when the car gets really moving the drag in the front will send it to the stars.
what about the rear? You saying fins or no fins?
fins add stability, but they also add drag, im not sure.
(i think keep the fins but it is always good to have someone else as a backup voice)
For the stock wing, you take it down to the last line.

For the stock wing, you take it down to the last line.
So you think DEAD flat might not be the best way to do it like the raz top brace is?

"Contoured" upper suspension arm covers..
to achieve some frontal down force without too much drag?

We gotta get on that project so people can buy them from us. 99.9% of people won't make their own custom parts like we do..... We are the weird people in this world that don't fit the norm. :alien:

We gotta get on that project so people can buy them from us. 99.9% of people won't make their own custom parts like we do..... We are the weird people in this world that don't fit the norm. :alien:
Ill be the 1st on that list!
If you guys can make streamlined frontal li it less components, that could be the key to getting The limitless open wheel past the 300KMH mark (186mph)

We're just a different breed..

1667847992828.png

Slightly off topic/model-

Here's what I'm referring to..
This is the "Aero Arm Covering" (for the Vendetta) >

Just a rough Block Draft, doesn't have any aero design shapes/bits added yet..
Mainly for fitment testing.

(Top Frontal Perspective)
1667850715245.png

(Rear Perspective)
1667850990110.png

(Underside Perspective)
1667851054152.png

Looks great! The 6s arms are a pain in the butt because of the "hump" as I call it.

View attachment 255003
The hump?….. ALRIGHT ALRIGHT we all gotta call it the hump from now on. Best name for that stupid thing.
Slightly off topic/model-

Here's what I'm referring to..
This is the "Aero Arm Covering" (for the Vendetta) >

Just a rough Block Draft, doesn't have any aero design shapes/bits added yet..
Mainly for fitment testing.

(Top Frontal Perspective)
View attachment 254999

(Rear Perspective)
View attachment 255001

(Underside Perspective)
View attachment 255002
That if it is printed in CF?

The hump?….. ALRIGHT ALRIGHT we all gotta call it the hump from now on. Best name for that stupid thing.

I wouldn't think that CF is necessary as it isn't a load bearing part. It's just functional decoration, as it were. It might even be advantageous to print it in something with a fair amount of pliability so that it can flex with the arm without breaking.

Not really..
Since it's not replacing the stock upper link... This part will not be taking any heavy loads.

Back