Official AliExpress Wheel Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boss hog player, competition slayer

IMG_1006.jpeg

Am I the only one that finds the Aliexpress website to be horrible? The search function seems like it just dumps a garbage can full of random crap out no matter what I look for. Sometimes I can scroll down and find what I was looking for near the bottom of the page. Shipping charges are all over the place, the Backflip LPs are only a few bucks cheaper than Amazon after shipping. Several tires I found can be bought from USA sellers for cheaper. Jetko 3.8 tires are $94 a pair on Ali, sellers in the USA are at $68 for the same tires everywhere I've seen them.

I know they have some good deals, but I find it hard to buy from a site so full of random junk with every search. Is there some secret to finding things that I missed? :unsure:

Am I the only one that finds the Aliexpress website to be horrible? The search function seems like it just dumps a garbage can full of random crap out no matter what I look for. Sometimes I can scroll down and find what I was looking for near the bottom of the page. Shipping charges are all over the place, the Backflip LPs are only a few bucks cheaper than Amazon after shipping. Several tires I found can be bought from USA sellers for cheaper. Jetko 3.8 tires are $94 a pair on Ali, sellers in the USA are at $68 for the same tires everywhere I've seen them.

I know they have some good deals, but I find it hard to buy from a site so full of random junk with every search. Is there some secret to finding things that I missed? :unsure:

No, not really..
They can't spell in English all that well... Plus they tend to just copy & paste each other's descriptions ,so some items with weird spellings easy get lost in the shuffle.

I too have a hard time finding things sometimes, it really boils down to how you word what you are looking for compared to what the seller has set for the tag words or whatever for the search. Oftentimes they have things that are aluminum just listed as metal.

Yes sometimes its horrible to find the right part and when you don't search it anymore, you find it...🫣 Like CrashBoom said: google can help a lot.

Thread revival time!? I just got my BF Coodrich sct Mojo wheels and tires yesterday. Initial impressions are these are pretty nice, supple rubber. Tread depth is minimal, but I knew that going in, and for $40 delivered, can't complain. They are indeed a spitting image of the BFG All Terrain TA they're named after, LOL.
I'll have to wait for my track to dry out some before I'll know if they're what I'm after, which is better traction on hardpack clay.

20240423_083711.jpg

20240423_083758.jpg

20240423_083733.jpg

20240423_083806.jpg

20240423_083811.jpg

Thread revival time!? I just got my BF Coodrich sct Mojo wheels and tires yesterday. Initial impressions are these are pretty nice, supple rubber. Tread depth is minimal, but I knew that going in, and for $40 delivered, can't complain. They are indeed a spitting image of the BFG All Terrain TA they're named after, LOL.
I'll have to wait for my track to dry out some before I'll know if they're what I'm after, which is better traction on hardpack clay.

View attachment 362678

View attachment 362679

View attachment 362680

View attachment 362681

View attachment 362682

Inquiring minds definitely want to know how they will perform (hold together 🤣 )

View attachment 362678

View attachment 362679

View attachment 362680

View attachment 362681

View attachment 362682
Surprised you didn’t go with the hyrax style tread, those will be more playful power sliding and drifting in grass/dirt though 👍🏼.

The paddles I have of that wheel are robust and tough, hopefully the foam is firm enough for you in a 15lb+ rig

Inquiring minds definitely want to know how they will perform (hold together 🤣 )
The wheels are a bit thinner around the hex than the Arrma's, where the wheel attaches to the center hub. I can imagine the wheel of the Coodrich's would rub on a stock Mojo hub, as do the Arrma wheels. The AliEx wheels are 78mm inner ID vs Arrma's at 80mm, unofficially. I have truck hubs/stubs on mine, so plenty of clearance there.

Surprised you didn’t go with the hyrax style tread, those will be more playful power sliding and drifting in grass/dirt though 👍🏼.

The paddles I have of that wheel are robust and tough, hopefully the foam is firm enough for you in a 15lb+ rig
Was a toss up between the two, I'm after more grip on slippery dry clay, so thinking the tighter pattern may be better, IDK. The Mirage TT's were a bust.. great tires and wheels, just lack the grip I'm after.

So far they are doing it for me in the looks dept.
Was hoping these would last longer on pavement than the stock tires and I'd like to try them on a track if I don't ruin them before getting out there. You can see they are a little taller and a little narrower than stock.

View attachment 334785

View attachment 334786

View attachment 334787

View attachment 334788

View attachment 334789

Now I wish I had a steady hand or stencil to put some lettering on the tires.
What kind of speeds are these capable of? Thanks!

The Mirage TT's were a bust.. great tires and wheels, just lack the grip I'm after.
WOW, so that sucks that you didn’t love those. I’ve been wanting to try them, but for $150.00 shipped for a set of four I was waiting to hear feedback. Thanks for being the huckleberry, I might stick to AliExpress knockoffs for $40.00 a set. Or factory Fortresses, which I actually like.

WOW, so that sucks that you didn’t love those. I’ve been wanting to try them, but for $150.00 shipped for a set of four I was waiting to hear feedback. Thanks for being the huckleberry, I might stick to AliExpress knockoffs for $40.00 a set. Or factory Fortresses, which I actually like.
They're a nice product, I'm not knocking them. Just didn't work for my application as I'd hoped.I bought mine from Liquid RC, $53.99 a pair, 99 cent shipping, no tax..so $109 for the set, not bad.

They're a nice product, I'm not knocking them. Just didn't work for my application as I'd hoped.I bought mine from Liquid RC, $53.99 a pair, 99 cent shipping, no tax..so $109 for the set, not bad.
Thats cool, I just saw the ProLine site and gasped at the price. I’ve bought from Liquid RC before, I’ll check them out again.

Thats cool, I just saw the ProLine site and gasped at the price. I’ve bought from Liquid RC before, I’ll check them out again.
Yeah, love Liquid RC myself, or was it Liquid lunch? Not sure now.. LOL. But yeah, I buy from them whenever possible being they are right here in the Northeast. NH I believe? I was going to drop you a link for the Mirage TT's @Liquid RC, but looks like they only have one pair in stock currently..

Yeah, love Liquid RC myself, or was it Liquid lunch? Not sure now.. LOL. But yeah, I buy from them whenever possible being they are right here in the Northeast. NH I believe? I was going to drop you a link for the Mirage TT's @Liquid RC, but looks like they only have one pair in stock currently..
Ideally I think it’s Liquid RC after Liquid Lunch. That’s the order I’d do it in… 🍸🍸 The good old two martini lunch, and those tires will be on order. Four or five and a whole new rig gets delivered that I’d totally forgotten about. 🙄

Ideally I think it’s Liquid RC after Liquid Lunch. That’s the order I’d do it in… 🍸🍸 The good old two martini lunch, and those tires will be on order. Four or five and a whole new rig gets delivered that I’d totally forgotten about. 🙄
Are you my brother?!🤔🙄🤣🤣

I glued up my BE Goodrich's last night, well, did the inner beads last night, outer beads this morning. What a PIA those are to glue!! Wow, thick beads (outer) on these!! Hard to get them reseated after prying the tire bead out to glue.. Hopefully they hold, and are straight, I got alot invested here!! $40 bucks for the tires/wheels, $1 dollar for 4 tubes of DG super glue!! I spared no expense!! :p :ROFLMAO: 🍻

Back