New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new xmaxx would be nice to buy but I want an new version of it maybe some of the alu parts included.
If Arrma exb everything maybe traxxas will do something on their part.

I agree with that Amain says about Xmaxx Vs XRT, plus I've broken a lot less stuff with the XRT once I went with the bigger XLX2 and 1100kv motor. The only thing I've done to the XRT is drive cup sleeves. After 8 battery packs (minimum), XRT is still going strong.

Not sure if this has been posted or not? TRX has released their own aluminum upgrades for Xmaxx and xrt..
https://m.traxxas.com/news/x-truck-aluminum-accessories
I've been running my XRT, even with extra power and bigger tires. The only thing I've had to upgrade after like 8 runs is the drive cup sleeves and wing mount. So far.

I agree with that Amain says about Xmaxx Vs XRT, plus I've broken a lot less stuff with the XRT once I went with the bigger XLX2 and 1100kv motor. The only thing I've done to the XRT is drive cup sleeves. After 8 battery packs (minimum), XRT is still going strong.

I've been running my XRT, even with extra power and bigger tires. The only thing I've had to upgrade after like 8 runs is the drive cup sleeves and wing mount. So far.
Thanks for sharing the Amain video. I can definitely agree with everything said. I haven't had any breakages of hubs or arms on my Xmaxx, but if I do, I'll put the xrt parts on for insurance. I am curious though about the heatsink and fans, he said the XRT has more fans. My Xmaxx came with 2, does the XRT have more than 2? Irrelevant to me, my Vilenion loves heat!! LOL! It goes over 200 routinely and hasn't given up yet. Crazy. Last weekend I saw 221f.😜🤷‍♂️
In the end, I know I'd enjoy the XRT more, but it wasn't out yet when I bought the Xmaxx.. unless I find someone wants to buy a slightly (Ab)used Xmaxx for full price, looks like I'll be keeping it.🤷‍♂️🤣🤣

It's definitely capable! my 12s XRT drivetrain has been going strong. I haven't had to replace a single drivetrain part due to 12s which surprised me. In fact the added weight really hasn't made a single difference for me in terms of durability. Think I'm on 4 12s bashes in a row where I didn't break a single thing. Hope my streak continues! :ROFLMAO:

A while back someone asked about TRX electronics handling being over-volted through the BEC. Well, I was feeding 7.4v from a Max6 for most of the summer without issues, well maybe I just never noticed but, I was having an issue where the the throttle was glitching into forward and occasionally the truck would just start slowly rolling forward without input..
I figured out that when I turn the wheels repeatedly, the receiver is sending a signal for travel to the esc. I supose this is likely what's referred to as voltage bleed from the receiver or servo being over-volted?
I switched the BEC back to 6.0 and tested, problem gone..and I can definitely hear the fan speed difference, as well as the servo being slower and weaker..aside from the esc, everything is stock TRX including the TQi radio.
Not liking the slower servo, I decided to swap to my trusty old Flysky GT3b radio. Switched BEC back to 7.4v and everything is running perfectly again👍🍻
Bye-Bye TQi!!
Bye-Bye TSM!! Never liked it anyways🤷‍♂️👊🤣

Just got my XRT and raced it on snowy roads = fun :)
Definitely a different experience vs the Kraton 8S EXB RTR, like both will be nice to compare more.

EDIT: TSM at 50-65% feels nice on snowy slippery roads.
EDIT: Also got the Traxxas dual id charger and 2 4s 6700 Traxxas batteries, nice solution.
Charger bluetooth to phone app seems ok, batteries didnt get hot but it was -15 celsius so have to see later.

Waiting on my Sludge, a little more concernd there since Traxxas uses 2 3s batteries on the that 6s truck and I have bad experiences with 3s 5000 and 3s 6400 traxxas batteries in the past on a 6s xmaxx.

Last edited:
Just got my XRT and raced it on snowy roads = fun :)
Definitely a different experience vs the Kraton 8S EXB RTR, like both will be nice to compare more.

EDIT: TSM at 50-65% feels nice on snowy slippery roads.
EDIT: Also got the Traxxas dual id charger and 2 4s 6700 Traxxas batteries, nice solution.
Charger bluetooth to phone app seems ok, batteries didnt get hot but it was -15 celsius so have to see later.

Waiting on my Sludge, a little more concernd there since Traxxas uses 2 3s batteries on the that 6s truck and I have bad experiences with 3s 5000 and 3s 6400 traxxas batteries in the past on a 6s xmaxx.
Sweet! I'd be surprised if the 6700's heat up in a stock 8s. They seem to be great batteries for stock power. Maybe the 6s Xmaxx was drawing too much power from the 3s packs? My bro has a bag full of TRX 3s 5000's that work fine for stock 6s as well. I think bigger motors creates the problems for those batts.
Enjoy the new toy!!👍🍻

Sweet! I'd be surprised if the 6700's heat up in a stock 8s. They seem to be great batteries for stock power. Maybe the 6s Xmaxx was drawing too much power from the 3s packs? My bro has a bag full of TRX 3s 5000's that work fine for stock 6s as well. I think bigger motors creates the problems for those batts.
Enjoy the new toy!!👍🍻

Yeah for sure, that truck was way too big to be running on 6s in the first place.

Now its -14 celsius but tomorrow this time its +2 celsius crazy :D

I live in the middle of Sweden so no Jenny's RC here :(
I live in Vermont, US and we have really long winters. Sometimes we have extreme cold, but seldom get to -20 centigrade. But I usually don’t run nearly as much in the cold due to the plastics breaking much more easily.

I live in Vermont, US and we have really long winters. Sometimes we have extreme cold, but seldom get to -20 centigrade. But I usually don’t run nearly as much in the cold due to the plastics breaking much more easily.
We hit -40c something last year around this time that was with the wind chill though. It's super nice today though it's like 6c lol

We hit -40c something last year around this time that was with the wind chill though. It's super nice today though it's like 6c lol
Yeah, nice here today too. Been chilly all week, below freezing. Had snow Sunday night but, ground not froze so it's just mud underneath..no snow bashing yet..😔

Yeah, nice here today too. Been chilly all week, below freezing. Had snow Sunday night but, ground not froze so it's just mud underneath..no snow bashing yet..😔
Same here. I’m really hoping we don’t get a plowable storm until the ground freezes or my driveway’s going to get ripped up for sure. Good god man, it’s 54° here today and sunny! Wacky for the middle of December.

Kraton 8S exb rtr need less space to turn than the XRT.
XRT feels lighter while driving and less planted than the kraton 8s.
Kraton 8S feels bigger more massive while driving.

AVC and TSM feels different on snow.
AVC at max default manage throttle as well I think while TSM does not.
AVC at max default makes handling truck super easy and super stable and works nice with sliding on snow.
TSM more feels more wild with no throttle adjustment but works as well, have it on 70% and works nice with sliding on snow.

You can definitly own both and you will get two different experiences = supernice!

We haven't even gotten enough snow so far this season to make a footprint.

Back