New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had a chance to use the led/lcd programmer? I know that with my max8 g2 if I have turbo settings enabled with a sensorless motor it'll run like crap. Gotta have turbo timing at 0° and turbo delay set to instant.
I found this to be the case for me too. I did notice a delay in the max 5 g2 but it only happened to me once I had been driving a bit so I chalked it up to lipo voltage sag. I learned to leave the max 8 g2 settings alone and I have it paired with the sensored motor. 🤣

I feel like you guys aren't on the same page 🤣

@Deiglie are you having the same problem with stock esc settings?

Don't you wish your xrt was this smooth and quiet sounding?!?!

Think I'm going to put a max 5 g2 800kv combo in my 2nd XRT. Play around with 12s? :eek:

My nose has been put a little out of joint by the XRT.

If anyone remembers, I stripped the intermediary gear that connects to the centre diff ring gear. Installed another one, then the next bash, the exact same thing happened, but this time it ripped all 4 screws holding down the gear cover out. So this time, along with a new rear bulkhead, driveshaft and new bearings throughout, I stumped up for the Vitavon hardened steel gears.

Took it out a couple of weeks ago and boom. It's ripped the screws out the bulkhead again, and went with so much force it bent the Vitavon gear cover.

I've not even stripped it down. I threw it into the shed 2 weeks ago and haven't even looked at it I am so hacked off.

So any ideas what it might be? I'm going to strip it down tomorrow and see if I can spot anything. My leading theory is the shaft the spur gear is on isn't straight, but that's just a guess. All 3 times it has gone it has been doing a speed run across a large field, with all 3 going right at the end of the run after prolonged throttle and 60+

My nose has been put a little out of joint by the XRT.

If anyone remembers, I stripped the intermediary gear that connects to the centre diff ring gear. Installed another one, then the next bash, the exact same thing happened, but this time it ripped all 4 screws holding down the gear cover out. So this time, along with a new rear bulkhead, driveshaft and new bearings throughout, I stumped up for the Vitavon hardened steel gears.

Took it out a couple of weeks ago and boom. It's ripped the screws out the bulkhead again, and went with so much force it bent the Vitavon gear cover.

I've not even stripped it down. I threw it into the shed 2 weeks ago and haven't even looked at it I am so hacked off.

So any ideas what it might be? I'm going to strip it down tomorrow and see if I can spot anything. My leading theory is the shaft the spur gear is on isn't straight, but that's just a guess. All 3 times it has gone it has been doing a speed run across a large field, with all 3 going right at the end of the run after prolonged throttle and 60+
Man that sounds nuts, did you ever figure it out?

1692671766748.png

I went from almost selling my orange xrt to installing a max 5 g2 800kv combo. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Currently geared 38/45 but I think I'm going to replace this cheapo 38t pinion with a saga 39t.

LET THERE BE LIFE!!!!!

The new outcast 8s backflip big block tires are amazing on the XRT.

Totally going to post up my 12s xrt bash session when its done! I haven't been able to find a single video on youtube with someone actually bashing the truck on 12s. Only a few shorts of people going up and down the street. Look forward to it!! :cool:

Last edited:
My blue XRT keeps eating gears all of a sudden! It even ate saga gears and I don't know why. It seems to be happening in the air on jumps too. Anyone got a clue as to wtf is going on with my truck? the other two xrt's not having this problem.

I must say I'm really impressed with how well my XRT has handled 12s. There are literally no 12s xrt bash videos on youtube so I was a little worried but after 2 full bashes all I've done is bend the center driveshaft. Going to post a video in a few days but this max 5 g2 combo has made me happy I bought 2 XRT's tbh :ROFLMAO:

I must say I'm really impressed with how well my XRT has handled 12s. There are literally no 12s xrt bash videos on youtube so I was a little worried but after 2 full bashes all I've done is bend the center driveshaft. Going to post a video in a few days but this max 5 g2 combo has made me happy I bought 2 XRT's tbh :ROFLMAO:

I forgot you made one of them 12s. What motor you running?

I forgot you made one of them 12s. What motor you running?
the 800kv 56118. XRT flips faster than my kraton 6s, its bonkers :ROFLMAO:

Back