Kraton Kraton V3 revealed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might have not known the V3's are dropping. LHS tend to spend more time worrying about paying the bills. If the shop owner is an Arrma fanboi, like us, then I would expect them to know. One of my local Arrma shops had an Outcast on the floor and didn't realize it existed till I pointed at the box. LOL

That doesn't surprise me, one of the guys at my LHS didn't know they carried glitchbusters the new guy had to show him where they were lol

If this is the V3 Kraton, I wonder why they didn't move the motor and ESC back and rotate the servo like they did with the Talion V3?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the new mount will work mounted that way.

They might have not known the V3's are dropping. LHS tend to spend more time worrying about paying the bills. If the shop owner is an Arrma fanboi, like us, then I would expect them to know. One of my local Arrma shops had an Outcast on the floor and didn't realize it existed till I pointed at the box. LOL

The sales guy at the LHS car department is a heli fan. Doesn't know much about the brands they carry, it's really sad. I would not be suprised if they had no clue.

Tower removed that picture so now I'm absolutely positive that that was the V3.

I wonder why did arrma decide to do such a drastic redesign on the talion ( I personally think the design is quite polarizing). Vs the v3 Kraton which is a nice little refinement.

I wonder why did arrma decide to do such a drastic redesign on the talion ( I personally think the design is quite polarizing). Vs the v3 Kraton which is a nice little refinement.
I was wondering that too, but keep in mind that the v3 Kraton hasn't been officially announced or shown. We are just guessing that the image is of the v3. That image could have been an early v3 prototype image or just a sneak peak of some of the changes. Nobody really knows for sure. I am personally thinking that they will move the motor and ESC like they did with the Talion so that they can keep sharing the chassis and driveshafts between the two models but time will tell.

On a postive note. Tower is putting 60 bucks back on my paypal after i called them and told them i paid 425 with discount code and now its 430 and would be 370 with discount code so they told me no problem. They would credit me back the 60. Tower ROCKS!!!!

On a postive note. Tower is putting 60 bucks back on my paypal after i called them and told them i paid 425 with discount code and now its 430 and would be 370 with discount code so they told me no problem. They would credit me back the 60. Tower ROCKS!!!!
I have had good luck with their customer service as well, my last order my mugen diff washers just had the small washers in the package no large washers, they sent out a new package for me.

I have had good luck with their customer service as well, my last order my mugen diff washers just had the small washers in the package no large washers, they sent out a new package for me.
Yeah they seem to take care of there customers when an issue arises. I put in another $100 order and I will be ordering from them in the future.

I just wish they would change shippers for their parts saver shipping, UPS Smart Post is slow as balls. I use the $4.99 option for that reason. USPS Priority Mail is so much quicker.

I was wondering that too, but keep in mind that the v3 Kraton hasn't been officially announced or shown. We are just guessing that the image is of the v3. That image could have been an early v3 prototype image or just a sneak peak of some of the changes. Nobody really knows for sure. I am personally thinking that they will move the motor and ESC like they did with the Talion so that they can keep sharing the chassis and driveshafts between the two models but time will tell.

I agree. I just hope the Kraton and Outcast keep the taller shock towers and upright shocks - it gives better handling... But all the rest of the chassis changes just make sense. My wonder - for the SWB cars - the Typhon, Outcast and Senton (I hope there is a v3 6s BLX) - will they use the same rotated servo design and move the motor back? I kind of hope not.

As for why the big change for the Talion - My guess is that it is just to similar to the Kraton, and didn't sell well. They always called it their "Speed Truggy" but it didn't really bring anything to the table that the Kraton didn't have - just some crappy racing truggy style tires that were not good for bashing and too hard for any serious track work. The new version separates itself from the Kraton with the lower leaner profile, and gives (what looks like) decent bashing tires.

I agree. I just hope the Kraton and Outcast keep the taller shock towers and upright shocks - it gives better handling... But all the rest of the chassis changes just make sense. My wonder - for the SWB cars - the Typhon, Outcast and Senton (I hope there is a v3 6s BLX) - will they use the same rotated servo design and move the motor back? I kind of hope not.

As for why the big change for the Talion - My guess is that it is just to similar to the Kraton, and didn't sell well. They always called it their "Speed Truggy" but it didn't really bring anything to the table that the Kraton didn't have - just some crappy racing truggy style tires that were not good for bashing and too hard for any serious track work. The new version separates itself from the Kraton with the lower leaner profile, and gives (what looks like) decent bashing tires.
I would imagine that they will come out with a V3 Typhon and Senton (a real Senton, not a Fury 4x4 with the wrong name lol) as well as a V2 Outcast very soon, but I don't know if they have the room in those to move the motor and ESC back and rotate the servo with them being on the shorter wheelbase chassis. At the very least though I would imagine that they would give them the updated shocks, battery trays, other upgrades and maybe new paint jobs to make the V3 shells different.

I see what you are saying about the Talion and Kraton being too similar and them trying to differentiate them, that does make sense. If you want speed and flat driving/mild bashing you would get the new Talion but if you bash hard and don't care about speed you would get the Kraton.

That just makes me more glad that I got my v2 talion then. I bought it was a budget racing truggy. I don't think the V3 would handle as good as the V2, but until vas from aussie rc playground does a indepth review, this is all speculation. I am constantly checking his page for updates *sigh*

That just makes me more glad that I got my v2 talion then. I bought it was a budget racing truggy. I don't think the V3 would handle as good as the V2, but until vas from aussie rc playground does a indepth review, this is all speculation. I am constantly checking his page for updates *sigh*
I have a feeling he isn't going to get one.

I have a feeling he isn't going to get one.

If a trusted reviewer does a real good break down of everything and describes how it drives, I would certainly buy one. Right now I am in the wait and see mode.

I think Australia has not got the new Talion v3 yet. They always ship to them late. So it makes sense why Vas hasnt reviewed it yet. I bet once they start shipping the new models to Australia he will get one sent to him and put up an onboxing. Followed by his normal line up of videos, first 4s run, first 6s run, speed week, upgrades, and final review. We will have to wait and see. I love watching Aussie RC Playground for Arrma reviews. He seems to focus on Arrma alot...

I think Australia has not got the new Talion v3 yet. They always ship to them late. So it makes sense why Vas hasnt reviewed it yet. I bet once they start shipping the new models to Australia he will get one sent to him and put up an onboxing. Followed by his normal line up of videos, first 4s run, first 6s run, speed week, upgrades, and final review. We will have to wait and see. I love watching Aussie RC Playground for Arrma reviews. He seems to focus on Arrma alot...
If I remember correctly Vas had the Nero and Fazon the day they came out. At least I think he did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back