Kraton Kraton V3 revealed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcopunk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Vorteks
Looks like Tower leaked a pic of the Kraton V3. Outcast battery tray and mud guards, shock cap protectors and a new front bumper look to be the visible changes. Obviously it will also likely include the new shocks and plastics found on the Talion V3 as well.

413593903.jpg

Looks like Tower leaked a pic of the Kraton V3. Outcast battery tray and mud guards, shock cap protectors and a new front bumper look to be the visible changes. Obviously it will also likely include the new shocks and plastics found on the Talion V3 as well.

View attachment 12683
Question is will those changes be worth buying it for over 500 when you can get a v2 for around 370 right now with coupons and the sale on the v2????

So difference looks like outcast battery tray, bigger receiver box and the only thing I'd be interested in is bigger shock shafts

Well that outcast battery tray is useless to me as my SMC 9200 doesn't fit. @ 160 bucks I plan to run that battery as much as possible. I do like the fact of upgraded shock shafts thou. If it was my money I would pass on the V3 and build a V2 for cheaper... With the extra money you'll save you could do many upgrades to the V2 and have a killer rig that's far better then the V3 !!!!!

Last edited:
I think im still gonna go with the v2. cheaper, and you can save money upgrading it yourself. still kinda excited to see what's in store for the v3.

No outcast side guards tho??
... And unless its just the angle of the pic... Looks like longer springs?

Weak! I just bought the kraton last night. The hobby shop probably knew too.
don't sweat it . u probably wont get that much more car with the v3. Plus, the v2 is HELLA cheap right now !

I think im still gonna go with the v2. cheaper, and you can save money upgrading it yourself. still kinda excited to see what's in store for the v3.
On another forum supposedly that is the v3 at tower hobbies. I bought it today, we will see what shows up in the mail on the 20th.
I find it hard to believe that the v3 would be on sale with no announcement of it being released.

On another forum supposedly that is the v3 at tower hobbies. I bought it today, we will see what shows up in the mail on the 20th.
I find it hard to believe that the v3 would be on sale with no announcement of it being released.

Me too, if it was generally the V3 I think they would be making a big song and dance about it

Well that outcast battery tray is useless to me as my SMC 9200 doesn't fit. @ 160 bucks I plan to run that battery as much as possible. I do like the fact of upgraded shock shafts thou. If it was my money I would pass on the V3 and build a V2 for cheaper... With the extra money you'll save you could do many upgrades to the V2 and have a killer rig that's far better then the V3 !!!!!
What battery do you have? My buddy just got the 9200 6s brick, it just fits (height wise) in my Kraton with the outcast tray.

The v1 to v2 didnt change all that much.
If its just a few upgrades they wont make a big fuss... The talion has changed more than been upgraded so thats why the song and dance for that one.

The v1 to v2 didnt change all that much.
If its just a few upgrades they wont make a big fuss... The talion has changed more than been upgraded so thats why the song and dance for that one.

Didn't change that much? LOL... The V2 was release to fix some very real problems. ESC that often didn't work, when it did it was still awful, until it caught fire..."The V1 motor that ran at something like 9000 degrees, front hubs that ate the big ring bearing every few packs, and a wing mount that often broke on the first bad landing. The v3 is just 'minor upgrades'.

New electrics and better plastic without changing the general design is what i call an upgrade.
The new talion has gone through more of a design change to me. More of speed focussed truggy than a basher truggy now.

When i seen the talions new tires, i thought maybe tye kraton would get some new shoes too.... Guess not.

That is a bummer, but i do commend arrma for tweaking and fine tuning problem areas. An rtr should not mean "ready to replace". Ive wanted a redesign or upgrade for trx 2wd cblocks and kingpins for about 7 years now. Fat chance on that. The are only still 1st generation because the trx alum c blocks make money... This could hwve been redesigned many many years ago

What battery do you have? My buddy just got the 9200 6s brick, it just fits (height wise) in my Kraton with the outcast tray.
I bought the 9200 mah SMC from there website. I tried fitting the battery in and it was pushing out the sides so I sold it on here. I'm using the stock tray and bought a longer strap to run down the length of the battery and the 2 stock straps on the width. It's down tight now. I should be good as I'm really not a hard core basher like some on here !!!!!

When i seen the talions new tires, i thought maybe tye kraton would get some new shoes too.... Guess not.

That is a bummer, but i do commend arrma for tweaking and fine tuning problem areas. An rtr should not mean "ready to replace". Ive wanted a redesign or upgrade for trx 2wd cblocks and kingpins for about 7 years now. Fat chance on that. The are only still 1st generation because the trx alum c blocks make money... This could hwve been redesigned many many years ago

Why actually fix something when you can make an "upgrade" part and make more money selling those? Traxxas' motto. And at this point in time it no longer makes sense to redesign it as there are so many manufacturers that make upgraded parts now. Traxxas would basically screw over all those manufacturers by fixing things. Traxxas upgrades are a vast majority of a lot of those manufacturers sales.

You know what I'd like to see? Sealed bearings. My Typhon's bearings started making a grinding sounds after just a few packs.

You know what I'd like to see? Sealed bearings. My Typhon's bearings started making a grinding sounds after just a few packs.
Yeah for sure, these none sealed bearings are not the greatest.

don't sweat it . u probably wont get that much more car with the v3. Plus, the v2 is HELLA cheap right now !
True, but I paid the $499 from my local hobby shop. They probably could have given me a deal knowing the v3 was coming. Oh well I'm happy with my purchase!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back