Kraton Kraton V3 revealed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, for the Nero, Fazon, Outcast, Arrma sent out lots of 'samples' to Youtube reviews. Lots of videos dropped on the day the Info Embargo ended. This go round, seems only Big Squid and RC Network got advance samples...

Was just looking at the Kraton V2 on Tower. Anyone notice the HD diff cases that are dropping late this month in the parts section on the lower half of the page?

Was just looking at the Kraton V2 on Tower. Anyone notice the HD diff cases that are dropping late this month in the parts section on the lower half of the page?

Yeah, I saw them too. What are they and how are they different from the current ones? HD...will they do 1080p? :)) [j/k]

They have some additional plastic ribs to reinforce them a bit.

Lol 1080p. Yeah, i noticed that they had some extra ribbing to reinforce them also.

You can get the part number for it out of the manual for the new Talion.
Lol 1080p. Yeah, i noticed that they had some extra ribbing to reinforce them also.

All hail Hypnotoad.

8flcI14.gif

If I remember correctly Vas had the Nero and Fazon the day they came out. At least I think he did.
Ok i did not know that, i could be wrong. Im new to Arrma so that was just my guess. I thought i heard somewhere that it takes people in Australia longer to get new Arrma products.

Not that I am aware of. From what I have seen they get things just as quick as we do in the states.

But yeah that Kraton that dude posted on Facebook does have a different receiver box than the other V2s I have seen.

Im Neville Sidhu on facebook. Im talking to a guy on fb about the reciever box as we speak. My v2 has the new reciever box and holes drilled in chassis for the outcast battery tray. So i guess there are a few changes...

I bet it has something to do with the Traxxas lawsuit. They hammered Arrma for the Nero rocker arms but they also complained about the waterproof receiver box so maybe Arrma had to make a running change.

There is a green/black Kraton on Tower that is on backorder. Price is $429. Looks like it has a different front bumper, but there is no pic of the inside.

I believe if you go to the link below and check out the updated Talion manual that it shows the V3 of the Typhon, Kraton, Talion, Senton and the V2 of the Outcast. At least the part numbers for the shock shafts for each model are for 4mm shafts and they are all shown with "Outcast" battery trays.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/TALION/BLX/2017

I believe if you go to the link below and check out the updated Talion manual that it shows the V3 of the Typhon, Kraton, Talion, Senton and the V2 of the Outcast. At least the part numbers for the shock shafts for each model are for 4mm shafts and they are all shown with "Outcast" battery trays.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/TALION/BLX/2017

I had a look and I'm confused, the shocks for the Outcast (and Kraton) on P56 are AR330490, which is apparently a new 4mm diameter version. That points to a V3 Outcast, right? Current one is AR330195.

I'd like to know as I really want an Outcast V3 if it's coming.

I had a look and I'm confused, the shocks for the Outcast (and Kraton) on P56 are AR330490, which is apparently a new 4mm diameter version. That points to a V3 Outcast, right? Current one is AR330195.

I'd like to know as I really want an Outcast V3 if it's coming.
Yes that would point to a revised Outcast.

Technically the Outcast was released when the other vehicles were already on V2. That is why the Talion, Kraton, Senton and Typhon are going to be V3 models while the Outcast would be going to the V2 model.

So, I reviewed the V2 Kraton manual against the new Talion V3 manual (which references in there what I assume to be the V3 Kraton) and what I found seems pretty much to be in line with what Arrma is updating for 2018 its BLX models.

Kraton V3 updates:
- New 4mm shocks. Seems that the whole shock including the springs are different part numbers.
- The thicker new servo mount
- Outcast's battery compartment
- Outcast's front dirt guards
- New bumpers, front and rear (small ones)
- New gearbox HD case, supposedly stronger
- Shock cup protectors

That's all I can see folks. I assume it will have a new body color, but it is not in the manual. I was ready to pull the trigger on a V2 Kraton yesterday from Tower as the V3 does not have significant upgrades, but it shows as "back-ordered". The red V2 was available till last night, with coupon down to $369 (missed the e-cash rewards, too...damn it!). I am wondering what will happen if I place for the back-ordered V2 Kraton in Tower; will they fill it or cancel it?

So, yeah, this is what $130 will get you on the new V3.

I would definitely place the order. Worst that can happen it's they cancel it so you have nothing to lose really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back