Kraton Kraton 6S EXB V2 Stuttering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colt45

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Vorteks
I just put a new rear diff in my Kraton 6S EXB V2. It was running perfectly yesterday and this morning and I was ripping pretty hard. Came back out and reset my throttle punch and motor degree / timing and was driving it in my driveway. Out of nowhere it started to stutter, when I fully punch the throttle, when it's standing still or going really slow and then it catches. Is that diffs or electrical? Anyone else had this happen or know what it is? Appreciate it, everyone and Happy Easter!

I just put a new rear diff in my Kraton 6S EXB V2. It was running perfectly yesterday and this morning and I was ripping pretty hard. Came back out and reset my throttle punch and motor degree / timing and was driving it in my driveway. Out of nowhere it started to stutter, when I fully punch the throttle, when it's standing still or going really slow and then it catches. Is that diffs or electrical? Anyone else had this happen or know what it is? Appreciate it, everyone and Happy Easter!
check your motor wires make sure the connectors are still soldered properly

check your motor wires make sure the connectors are still soldered properly
Yeah something is definitely weird. Before the stuttering my punch was on 7 and motor timing was on 15. I then switched my punch to 9 and motor timing to 22.5, which the motor timing is set to 22.5 stock out of the box and that’s when the stuttering started. I just switched my punch back to 7 and motor timing back to 15 and now there’s no stuttering. Any ideas on why the stuttering would happen when it’s set to punch 9 and motor timing to 22.5? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yeah something is definitely weird. Before the stuttering my punch was on 7 and motor timing was on 15. I then switched my punch to 9 and motor timing to 22.5, which the motor timing is set to 22.5 stock out of the box and that’s when the stuttering started. I just switched my punch back to 7 and motor timing back to 15 and now there’s no stuttering. Any ideas on why the stuttering would happen when it’s set to punch 9 and motor timing to 22.5? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
I always turn the timing right down so wouldn't no. only stuttering I have had is like I said above is when the motor wires are coming unsoldered. don't think I have ever had the punch turned up to nine either should imagine its hard to control. fun though :)

Sounds like it’s cogging. I never run timing that high, and always turn it down from stock. They run cooler and smoother with less timing, and they’re only a tiny bit slower.

Back