Vorteks How do I get a stuck Bering off of a input gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
the Bering still moves freely but the Bering won’t come off of the shaft.

image.jpg

My bad. Not the motor pinion I meant in the picture. Plastic output gear. Little heat. Not much.

Maybe. I keep a mini torch for RC stuff. Lighter may be better with surrounding plastic

the Bering still moves freely but the Bering won’t come off of the shaft.

View attachment 357850
Notes I saved over the years to get those off:

Input Gear Inner Bearing Removal

• User #1: Had a one of the thin wrenches that came with one of my saws that is for tightening the blade, happens to fit around the plastic part but still smaller than the bearing. After I used the screwdriver to pry the bearing enough to get that wrench in there, set the metal part on the ground and used a hammer to tap the wrench and push the bearing down. Worked amazingly well! Maybe that will help someone else out too.
  • User #2: Put it in the fridge for 2 hours and then in the freezer for 30/45 minutes. It pulled right off, no tools are required

I accidentally blew it up with a hammer but thank you for your help… also what size do you think it is?

Wd40 is ok, but if you want to loosen gears,bearings, etc, on tight shafts go with aerokroil, a few applications and go have dinner…comes off easy after that in most cases.

To 'rescue' and old bearing that cost 1.5 euro?
With a puller you most likely damage the balls, because you will pull on the outer ring. Is not something I would use.
FYI..suggesting the option of the availability of a proper tool for the job. Never pull bearing out applying force on the outer ring. Puller has to sit flush against inner ring. Same applies prying out with a screwdriver or any other tool.

Back