Senton Help?new to the hobby New senton not steering right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoker614

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
got a brand new senton 4x4 v3 it was working fine then it quit letting me turn right. Any ides of what it could be? Dirt stuck in it possibly?

Got some video?

My servo went out on my Kraton and completely bricked everything. Horizon has some poopy ass servoes going into their RCs right now and if they don't fix it asap, it's gonna leave a stain.

got a brand new senton 4x4 v3 it was working fine then it quit letting me turn right. Any ides of what it could be? Dirt stuck in it possibly?
Check for rocks stuck under the steering rack. Flip it upside down and shake it to see if there's something. If that's not it then you have a bad servo.

It is common for rocks or debris to jam the steering linkage on the Senton. Sometimes the rock is so small you wont be able to see it until you do some level of disassembly. When a servo goes bad it generally won't work in either direction.

Need to get a servo with metal gears, the one that comes stock has plastic gears and the strip to easy.

Almost guarantee there is a rock stuck in the steering linkage. Happens all the time on these til you figure out how to prevent rocks from getting in.

Six months in with the Senton lucky to still have a working servo. Pebbles do get stuck under the steering arms so I usually pick up the truck by the rear bumper and give it a shake. I have replaced my motor with HW SCT 10 combo because the bearing froze. Got a replacement for it but needed to upgrade. Ditched the radio for a Flysky GT5 with AVC. Replaced the drivetrain to metal gears. All RPM arms now, GPM turnbuckles, switched to 17mm hex axles.

Happens a lot when running through rough terrain. Rocks and debris can temporarily bind up the linkage.
Most of the time it will correct itself and the debris falls out on its own.

Back