Talion For my Custom Talion build.. Motor / esc combo question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, You guys got me convinced with the Max8 Combo.. and it's waterproof compared to the ZTW.
And thank you for the promocode as well to take the price down a notch :)

True, However the Max 6 doesn't come with pre-soldered connections.. I don't have a soldering set, no close LHS's either to get it done.. It's a great set and I'll be primarily running 4S most of the time. Occasionally 6S just for kicks.
I got a Max6 G2 4990 combo from Amain for $235. I do have a Weller 140 watt soldering iron & it wasn't too bad putting a EC5 on it.

Screenshot_20240311_164121_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_164017_Chrome.jpg

Well, that was a fast response from HW. They do will not break the sealed box to swap them out.. Luckily I used to run XT90's in the past. It's the insane grip you need just to get them apart that I swapped over to EC5, when I was in process at the time I had the LHS out west make me some XT90 to EC5 adapters ( I just checked my RC Toolbox.. Score :)!.. Time to hit the purchase button, buying the $10 programmer card too..

Thank you all for all the good advice and steering me in the right direction.. Purchase made..

ScreenShot_20240311155513.png

As far as the soldering goes.. Well that'll just have to wait till another payday..
I've already spent WAAAAY more then I anticipated for this crazy Talion project build!.. At this rate I might have spent enough over the last 2 months to buy a new one LOL! if they were still in stock..

Going to have to design and 3d print a power switch mount..

Last edited:
Thank you all for all the good advice and steering me in the right direction.. Purchase made..

View attachment 354000
Sweet!! Congrats!
FYI most any bullet connector is adjustable, such as EC, XT, ect. Just close or open the male side of the connectors till you achieve the desired tension. See the split in the male pins below. Small flat blade to open and make the connection tighter, needle nose pliers to pinch them closer to loosen the fit.
Also, I solder up to 10ga wire with a 40 watt Weller, paid $25 for it. Mint!👍😎

20240311_170424.jpg

Female EC5 will plug into Male XT90 but it'll be a hot dog down a hallway when warm.
Yep, .5mm difference in bullet size.. it matters, and they will melt..

Sweet!! Congrats!
FYI most any bullet connector is adjustable, such as EC, XT, ect. Just close or open the male side of the connectors till you achieve the desired tension. See the split in the male pins below. Small flat blade to open and make the connection tighter, needle nose pliers to pinch them closer to loosen the fit.
Also, I solder up to 10ga wire with a 40 watt Weller, paid $25 for it. Mint!👍😎

View attachment 354002

Yep, .5mm difference in bullet size.. it matters, and they will melt..
Never knew nor ever thought to look at that! THANK YOU for that valuable information!

Never knew nor ever thought to look at that! THANK YOU for that valuable information!
Hey, I've spent my fair share of time wrestling connectors apart over the years too, trust me. Then one day someone here shared this priceless info and, BAM!! No more struggling!! Who knew?! Arrma Forum, that's who!! 😂😉👍

It might include the connector but it is not pre soldered. I'm pretty sure op is going to have a bad day once that package arrives. I've ordered 2 esc from hobbywing directly and neither came pre soldered

You should have ordered it from the link I posted if you didn't want to solder. If I were you I would cancel that order.

tbh i'm surprised no one else pointed this out

It might include the connector but it is not pre soldered. I'm pretty sure op is going to have a bad day once that package arrives. I've ordered 2 esc from hobbywing directly and neither came pre soldered

You should have ordered it from the link I posted if you didn't want to solder. If I were you I would cancel that order.

well that does bring up a good question.. I sent them another contact email.. hoping for an answer pretty quickly like last time in regards to your post..

I'd solder it for you if you were close. Maybe you can work it all out.
Well luckily I received email reply from HW.. With the combo, the XT90s are pre soldered, same as the YouTube video shows. If buying the esc as a single unit then not.

Well luckily I received email reply from HW.. With the combo, the XT90s are pre soldered, same as the YouTube video shows. If buying the esc as a single unit then not.
ahhhh that is good to know. I did in fact only buy the esc's as a single unit and not a combo. Enjoy your new electronics bro! :cool: (y)

Back