Typhon Fluid Leaking from Diff (new Typhon)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graystone_Industries

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I received a new Typhon 6s v5 today. I noticed a bit of oil on the bottom side of the chassis, and when I inspected the inside, I saw a bit more. It is nearish the center diff, I think?

I called Amazon because a new thing shouldn't already be leaking, and they are hooking me up, and letting me keep the car.

Sooo...what is happening herover? Bad seals? Just a normal thing from the package maybe being upside down?

I've attached photos (best angles I could get) of the interior, and exterior. I circled the area where the oil was on the bottom of the chassis.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

If it's a specific part I need, please kindly say it by name/link if you don't mind.

Thank you, and super excited for the Typhon. I am already painting a new body for it. Whoa.
1000008600.jpg
1000008602.jpg
1000008605.jpg
1000008601.jpg
1000008603.jpg
1000008608.jpg

1000008608.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Arrma makes outstanding vehicles, but is known for delivering “RTR’s” that need a bit of work before running. You should remove all three diffs and fill them with your choice of fluid and shim them properly. They’ll last much longer if you set them up properly now. This is probably the single most complained about scenario in new Arrma rigs.

Soooo...

Tighten bolts all around, and see what happens?

What is best?

Thanks!
If you have it out it would be silly not to open it it up and at least top off the fluid. Remove the cover carefully, since it’s new you probably won’t need to replace the gasket.

Hi

Yep--this all makes sense. I am sure it is not a big deal--I tend to get a little obsessive over things.

I'll search out some videos on this.

I see it hasn't leaked anymore since it was delivered yesterday.

Overfilled and possible thermal expansion/contraction from warehouse storage but at least you know there's fluid in it!
Or it had fluid in it. 😂

If you noticed a leak, it would be worth while to check it out.

There was a user who recently posted their diff gasket was mis-aligned and assembled by creating four new holes in the gasket.

I opened my rear diff up on my Big Rock 6S after I noticed fluid leaking from it and part of the gasket was missing. Here’s mine how it shipped from factory:
IMG_3212.jpeg

Like it’s been mentioned, if you’ve got it out take a look! Welcome to the ranch!

Also if you are not racing they put the lightest weight oil in the typhon. I ran mine on 6s bashing around with the stock 10k oil in it and after 2 packs it overheated, Expanded and then exploded all over my electronics. I swapped it out with a metal diff and 300k and I am way happier. Same with front and rear both 7k I think. I went 50k front 30k rear. Tune it how you want and if you are racing on a track don't listen to me. But if you are gonna bash it around on 6s and beat on it. Change all diff fluids quickly.

If you have it out it would be silly not to open it it up and at least top off the fluid. Remove the cover carefully, since it’s new you probably won’t need to replace the gasket.
This is what I do with all my new or used Rc's. Open the diffs, make sure they have fluid and see if they need fluids changed. Then put them back together and run them. At least I know what I put in them or that I checked them all before bashing them.

Back