Infraction First Run of Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
So Drunken Kraton and I decided yesterday was a great day to get our builds out and maybe a good run or two.
Was looking forward to testing the new PerfectPass speed controller. King Senton was the days first casualty. Not even 5 minutes into turning it on, the front tires of a brand new, balanced set of rigid rim XM5 slicks blew out in spectacular fashion, sending the truck off road. Not some spit and polish and maybe a small strip of dust tape can't fix. I'm even wondering if I mixed front and rear differentials up and if that would have caused the blowouts
Messenger_creation_84ec05b3-6cc1-4a28-857d-9e5cbb824428.jpeg

Messenger_creation_f6770398-baee-4e37-8779-60d183ec3c5b.jpeg

Messenger_creation_062348e9-b179-4c2f-82a3-d4e95b9bc5e3.jpeg

DK just finished his upgraded Infraction
So he dials in his steering and goes for his first ever real speed run. Gotta love the way Infractions smoke up tires, it was a nice start, quick off the line only to shut down after 600'. Turns out he (I'm guessing here) over amped to where it overheated to the point insulation on the wires and solder on connectors melts. He was running the 1717 1650kv with an MMX8 on 6s.
Messenger_creation_a2cb8f2d-0a88-4cf6-a2d8-8d21941a780a.jpeg
Messenger_creation_a2cb8f2d-0a88-4cf6-a2d8-8d21941a780a.jpeg
Messenger_creation_1614c648-2a43-4eae-92cb-0808a80e439c.jpeg

Messenger_creation_0e42afe0-4e3e-4129-80e9-6970e0d30001.jpeg

Will Smith Wow GIF by Bounce

I like to add BSI IC2000 to the bead of the GRP tires. Never had a blow out (knock on wood)
I did that too..you can see it if you enlarge the third pic. LHS says I "overspinned" or exceeded max speed. Between the speed controller and the fact that the car made it maybe 50' away, I doubt their assertions. Feeling it's a power distribution issue. Especially if I mixed the diffs up.

Last edited:
I did that too..you can see it if you enlarge the third pic. LHS says I "overspinned" or exceeded max speed. Between the speed controller and fast car made it maybe 50' away, I doubt their assertions. Feeling it's a power distribution issue. Especially if I mixed the diffs up.
Dang!
Does it have a center spool or diff? Having a center diff certainly could be a cause too.

I know my Kraton 6s spins the heck out of the front tires at full throttle.

So Drunken Kraton and I decided yesterday was a great day to get our builds out and maybe a good run or two.
Was looking forward to testing the new PerfectPass speed controller. King Senton was the days first casualty. Not even 5 minutes into turning it on, the front tires of a brand new, balanced set of rigid rim XM5 slicks blew out in spectacular fashion, sending the truck off road. Not some spit and polish and maybe a small strip of dust tape can't fix. I'm even wondering if I mixed front and rear differentials up and if that would have caused the blowouts
View attachment 367561
View attachment 367562
View attachment 367563
DK just finished his upgraded Infraction
So he dials in his steering and goes for his first ever real speed run. Gotta love the way Infractions smoke up tires, it was a nice start, quick off the line only to shut down after 600'. Turns out he (I'm guessing here) over amped to where it overheated to the point insulation on the wires and solder on connectors melts. He was running the 1717 1650kv with an MMX8 on 6s.
View attachment 367566View attachment 367566View attachment 367565

View attachment 367564
That's sucks man, been there done that. Well take it apart đź‘€ what you need and give it another go.

What do you mean by mixed up the diffs the infraction has the same diffs front and rear unlike the Felony.

This is a 6s Senton heavily upgraded to a......I guess a SentLess. However, one diff has 500k fluid and the other has whatever 3/4-1m 1/4-20m comes to. The middle diff is straight 20m and can't be mixed up due to the spur. The Infraction above belongs to Drunken Kraton, some guy who once destroyed my first Senton speeder and since has become a great friend.

Dang!
Does it have a center spool or diff? Having a center diff certainly could be a cause too.

I know my Kraton 6s spins the heck out of the front tires at full throttle.
Differential..20m fluid. Thinking of maybe hitting up Scorched for a spool.

This is a 6s Senton heavily upgraded to a......I guess a SentLess. However, one diff has 500k fluid and the other has whatever 3/4-1m 1/4-20m comes to. The middle diff is straight 20m and can't be mixed up due to the spur. The Infraction above belongs to Drunken Kraton, some guy who once destroyed my first Senton speeder and since has become a great friend.

Differential..20m fluid. Thinking of maybe hitting up Scorched for a spool.
Yeah you don't want the center diff to over drive the front. I'd put a spool in there asap.

Back