Fireteam Fireteam Fun Factor (is it anyone's favorite ?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding Spektrum RX’s, I’ve only had one go bad on me…….so that’s good considering all of my rigs have Spektrum RX’s.

Personally, I don’t go for the AVC …..the Spektrum SR315 or 515 has done well for me in my toys.

Have many Spektrum AVC rx's And they all sucked, whether with the RTR or DX5C radio.

>>with the ONE exception.... The V1 Infraction with DX2E RTR radio. It is flawless for some strange reason.:unsure:

For the life of me I cannot get the other AVC's to work properly. I think partly has to do with QC from rx to rx when mfrd. And also the type of servo you are running. Some Servos and AVC just don't get along well. Yet my Infr does have an upgrade DS3235 servo and AVC works as well as the stocker servo did. Obviously stronger and faster over stock, but Gyro control is perfect with no oscillation. Heading Hold and Hard Braking is always straight as an arrow. Even at High speeds.
I prefer SkyRC standalone Gyros now, (401's) with my other rigs. They all work fine. I find that 10% or less AVC/gyro Gain is best. Overdo it and that is where you have problems. Any Gyro or Spektrum AVC.

Last edited:
Don't really have the budget right now, but sale prices grab my imagination anyway.

Wondering how many people rank the Fireteam near the top of their list?

Kind of seems like the Fireteam doesn't get a lot of love out there.

Looks like it has the same chassis as the Mojave, but doesn't really handle like the Mojave due to the tires and maybe the ride height and spring setup ?

Although I like the body on the Fireteam, I'm surprised there aren't more alternative bodies being discussed out there. I would like some body alternatives to look at. If the stock body got destroyed from bashing, I'd probably want to replace it with something else.

The Fireteam specs says its heavy, and wondering how much is due to body, how much is due to the hand brake, and ... ?

With the longer wheelbase I would think a LOT less wheelie happy than the Outcast, and a little bit less wheelie happy than the Kraton 6s.
Aside from my range issues, it's an absolute go anywhere driver. The control, especially at speed is awesome. I'm having a transmitter receiver issue(25yds), and am on the line with horizon trying to get a resolution, but it's one of my favorites to drive. It's a little front heavy with battery forward for jumps, but you should be fine if you don't hit them on full send. I'm not a jumper, but wheelies take all control away, and you break things. Moving the battery back will make it a wheelie monster

Aside from my range issues, it's an absolute go anywhere driver. The control, especially at speed is awesome. I'm having a transmitter receiver issue(25yds), and am on the line with horizon trying to get a resolution, but it's one of my favorites to drive. It's a little front heavy with battery forward for jumps, but you should be fine if you don't hit them on full send. I'm not a jumper, but wheelies take all control away, and you break things. Moving the battery back will make it a wheelie monster
We're you able to sort out your range issue??? I have the same problem.

Moving the battery tray back is easy, all but 1 screw line up. Body, savage XL fits nicely...

The Fireteam was my first RC car (re-entering hobby after almost 30 years) and I really like it in every way except jumping. I am finding it difficult to jump it without the nose dropping and causing a cartwheel (probably a combination of the car's weight distribution and my lack of experience). However, this thing is a blast to rip through grass and dirt as it stays planted really well and is somewhat hard to flip as long as the wheels are on the ground. When it does flip over, I find it tends to roll right back onto its wheels most of the time. I still want to be able to do jumps so I just bought one of the new Kraton 4S v2's and and will be taking it out for its maiden run later today.

[edit] I wanted to add that I find the Fireteam runs pretty hot. I believe it’s due to the weight and the amount of strain that weight puts on the electronics. I plan on eventually upgrading the motor and ESC at some point to something more powerful to help reduce running temps (maybe get an 8S setup but still run it at 6S).
You probably already know this but scoot the battery tray back 2 1/2 inches and it’ll help the nose dive’s tremendously. It took me 10 min.

Really like the "airless" tire style on the FT. Like to see that replicated in a MT or SCT tire. Better yet a true airless, that would be foamless for us RC'ers. Wonder if P-L or ARRMA has a set in R&D?

Back