Fireteam Fireteam Fun Factor (is it anyone's favorite ?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchtime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Vorteks
Don't really have the budget right now, but sale prices grab my imagination anyway.

Wondering how many people rank the Fireteam near the top of their list?

Kind of seems like the Fireteam doesn't get a lot of love out there.

Looks like it has the same chassis as the Mojave, but doesn't really handle like the Mojave due to the tires and maybe the ride height and spring setup ?

Although I like the body on the Fireteam, I'm surprised there aren't more alternative bodies being discussed out there. I would like some body alternatives to look at. If the stock body got destroyed from bashing, I'd probably want to replace it with something else.

The Fireteam specs says its heavy, and wondering how much is due to body, how much is due to the hand brake, and ... ?

With the longer wheelbase I would think a LOT less wheelie happy than the Outcast, and a little bit less wheelie happy than the Kraton 6s.

Don't really have the budget right now, but sale prices grab my imagination anyway.

Wondering how many people rank the Fireteam near the top of their list?

Kind of seems like the Fireteam doesn't get a lot of love out there.

Looks like it has the same chassis as the Mojave, but doesn't really handle like the Mojave due to the tires and maybe the ride height and spring setup ?

Although I like the body on the Fireteam, I'm surprised there aren't more alternative bodies being discussed out there. I would like some body alternatives to look at. If the stock body got destroyed from bashing, I'd probably want to replace it with something else.

The Fireteam specs says its heavy, and wondering how much is due to body, how much is due to the hand brake, and ... ?

With the longer wheelbase I would think a LOT less wheelie happy than the Outcast, and a little bit less wheelie happy than the Kraton 6s.

I have the FT...but you hit a lot of the pros/cons.

I like the way it drives since I am NOT a wheelie person. I also prefer to ground bash and jumping/ramps are not my taste with any of my rigs. However, I do not mind catching good air off the hills at the golf course :)

Driving...Man, it is a sweet rig. I do not have a Mojave but have a Kraton EXB. I do agree with others it handles differently from other rigs. Tires, although ugly, work so well on the FT perfect match.

Yes, the body I hate what helped me to buy it I got a great deal here in the classified. Body it toy like to me, so I removed the inside and copied another user idea here...not my own. The body is heavy as heck as stock until you remove the men! I, too would like to see some more body options, but it seems to be an acquired taste for this rig! The body kills it for many I "think"

The ride setup is perfect IMHO. I found the stock diff fluid, suspension shock/springs, and tires, I added AVC better servo/ESC it handles like a dream if you keep it on the ground. Jumping it, I cannot say how that would work since I don't.

Still love my Infraction, my first rig. Kraton is a joy to bash, then the Typhon TLR and Losi DB Pro just have their own sweet bash style I love. For me, the FT rank 3 or 4 but is at the top for off-road of my 8 bashers.

1660921845717.png

Last edited:
I love the Fire Team above the Kraton and the outcast;. The fire Team fits my style of driving. I've got 15 RC vehicles and I take the Fire team out to play every time I run my cars. The fire Team is # 3 in my ranking of my vehicles. just for fun factor. # 1- Losi DBXL-E, #2- Kraton 8s, #3 Fire Team. I take thses three cars out every time I go out.

@parcou, from what you describe you're more into street bashing than off-road? That whole idea has me wondering these days... Just real recently got a Vendetta (well more accurately, last Friday the 30 day return window passed me by so we finally opened the box / had bought it on sale).

My teenager loves it / his favorite now, and I like it a lot too. Tire wear is an issue, and hard to find a place to reach top speed, but still really fun. I'm not sure if street is a short term favorite of ours or is here to stay for us. Because the Infraction 6s is also for sale. The looks of the street bashers are lights out / a big part of the fun I think.

But I still think it is the Fireteam over the Infraction at the moment in terms of flexibility
@RC fan Thanks much, that is the kind of stuff I was hoping to hear about the FT.

@parcou, from what you describe you're more into street bashing than off-road? That whole idea has me wondering these days... Just real recently got a Vendetta (well more accurately, last Friday the 30 day return window passed me by so we finally opened the box / had bought it on sale).

My teenager loves it / his favorite now, and I like it a lot too. Tire wear is an issue, and hard to find a place to reach top speed, but still really fun. I'm not sure if street is a short term favorite of ours or is here to stay for us. Because the Infraction 6s is also for sale. The looks of the street bashers are lights out / a big part of the fun I think.

But I still think it is the Fireteam over the Infraction at the moment in terms of flexibility
Nope...no street, ever with any of my bashers, tires cost too much if I did that. I only have one on-road, which is the Infraction.

I bash dirt mainly...construction sites, best friend's basher track we made at his home in the country, baseball parks, open park areas where there is dead grass/dirt patchy for drift on the dead grass, golf course very low carpet like grass/mounds and sand traps, regular grass if I have no other choice but not my first pick ever.

To me, a basher belongs off-road and never bashed any on the street. I'm no Sunday driver I bash at full throttle, full power to get the most of my 6S bashers.

Yes, FT would be your choice. I have three closed malled lots I can bash my Infraction for full-speed drift fun, but I bash more with my off-roads with my best friend....two old guys having fun in his back-yard on his 3 acres :)

The Fireteam was my first RC car (re-entering hobby after almost 30 years) and I really like it in every way except jumping. I am finding it difficult to jump it without the nose dropping and causing a cartwheel (probably a combination of the car's weight distribution and my lack of experience). However, this thing is a blast to rip through grass and dirt as it stays planted really well and is somewhat hard to flip as long as the wheels are on the ground. When it does flip over, I find it tends to roll right back onto its wheels most of the time. I still want to be able to do jumps so I just bought one of the new Kraton 4S v2's and and will be taking it out for its maiden run later today.

[edit] I wanted to add that I find the Fireteam runs pretty hot. I believe its due to the weight and the amount of strain that weight puts on the electronics. I plan on eventually upgrading the motor and ESC at some point to something more powerful to help reduce running temps (maybe get an 8S setup but still run it at 6S).

Last edited:
The Fireteam was my first RC car (re-entering hobby after almost 30 years) and I really like it in every way except jumping. I am finding it difficult to jump it without the nose dropping and causing a cartwheel (probably a combination of the car's weight distribution and my lack of experience). However, this thing is a blast to rip through grass and dirt as it stays planted really well and is somewhat hard to flip as long as the wheels are on the ground. When it does flip over, I find it tends to roll right back onto its wheels most of the time. I still want to be able to do jumps so I just bought one of the new Kraton 4S v2's and and will be taking it out for its maiden run later today.

[edit] I wanted to add that I find the Fireteam runs pretty hot. I believe its due to the weight and the amount of strain that weight puts on the electronics. I plan on eventually upgrading the motor and ESC at some point to something more powerful to help reduce running temps (maybe get an 8S setup but still run it at 6S).
Well said!

If you want to jump it move the battery tray back...it has too much weight in the front. YT'ers like Rich Duper, RC Dude81, etc all moved the tray back towards the rear to balance the weight. I like mine on the ground so it's cool for me :cool: You can play with diff fluids as well...those YT'ers have stated what they used.

As for the heat, it comes with all 6S rigs this one is no exception. Get some good fans and you will see temps in their correct range. I do but before I bashed it, I had the fans in place. No doubt it is heavy but the fans will help and in my region in the hot south just not an option to not have fans. Beefing the electronics helps and running an ESC like Max6 would run far better than the stock Spektrum 150A. (y)

Better rans keeps the ESC below 150F and motor below 170F
1660921707348.png

I love my fireteam, it is so much fun and is the best off-road vehicle I have. I always wanted one but was put off by the $800 price tag. Picked one up as soon as it went on sale! I had a lot of trouble with nose-diving off jumps, so I purchased the max 6 combo and I now have plenty of power and no issues keeping the nose up. On grass, my Typhon doesn't have enough clearance, and my notorious can't stay planted, being able to drive your car full speed soaking up all the bumps is so much fun and is where the fireteam is best!

Which motor are you two using with your max6 ESC's?
Running the stock 2050kv motor that comes with it...same as the Kraton 6S v5 and Infraction/Felony and other rigs. Does just fine.

When I got off work, couldn't wait to get online and see what people had to say. Really appreciate all the input. And if there's someone reading this that really dislikes the Fireteam but doesn't want to crash the party, please chime in and don't hold back.

One reason I'm excited about the Fireteam is that I think it would complement my Outcast 6s really well. Kind of opposite ends of the spektrum (haha, see what I did there) in terms of wheelbase / weight distribution.

I'd be afraid to bash it at all until reinforcing where the screws hold down the body panels, after seeing some youtube videos of the aftermath. I would like to start with an alternate body and preserve the awesome looking original body, because if you add up the roll cage and panels, it's pretty expensive to replace.

I’m a function over form guy. Zip ties work great, I did this fix on problem sections of the body…..and as mentioned above, move the battery tray back.
C5437A5E-7F22-4707-B3D6-4DF822910E77.jpeg

Can someone post a pic of their battery tray moved back? I just moved mine back and the antenna now gets bent when the body is put on. I know it's not too big of a deal with bashers but I'm curious of someone found a way to move the tray back while maintaining vertical antenna polarization.

I’m a function over form guy. Zip ties work great, I did this fix on problem sections of the body…..and as mentioned above, move the battery tray back.
View attachment 237478
Those zip ties don't look bad at all IMO.

I like this video. My son is into adding LEDs to just about everything, so I could totally see this happening.

Can someone post a pic of their battery tray moved back? I just moved mine back and the antenna now gets bent when the body is put on. I know it's not too big of a deal with bashers but I'm curious of someone found a way to move the tray back while maintaining vertical antenna polarization.
This isn’t a Fireteam pic but here’s my solution for restraint of the antenna.
C8AAC838-DC15-4E85-B1E7-0EB83ECBEC3A.jpeg

It's my favorite, but it's my only 6s. I really just don't like the long term prospects for the body mainly. I think it looks cool, but it's hopeless to preserve teh shell pieces and expensive to replace any of it so I'm going to try something else next.
Other than that I like it a lot. I don't think it was worth the price and in retrospect I might opt for the talion instead, but it's close. I wanted the long wheelbase, fairly wide stance, not a wheelie flipper, without huge ballooning tires. The talion might have been a better choice since I didn't get it on any good sale. But I'm happy with it - it's a sack of 6s parts that you can change into what you need it to be sooner or later.

I don't own one, I think Arrma tried thinking out of the box with the FT and got away from their roots on styling. which made it kind of an odd duck in their line up

This isn’t a Fireteam pic but here’s my solution for restraint of the antenna.
View attachment 237498
I'm going to try that with the antenna on my rigs. I don't like the randomness of what can happen to it otherwise.

It's my favorite, but it's my only 6s. I really just don't like the long term prospects for the body mainly. I think it looks cool, but it's hopeless to preserve teh shell pieces and expensive to replace any of it so I'm going to try something else next.
Other than that I like it a lot. I don't think it was worth the price and in retrospect I might opt for the talion instead, but it's close. I wanted the long wheelbase, fairly wide stance, not a wheelie flipper, without huge ballooning tires. The talion might have been a better choice since I didn't get it on any good sale. But I'm happy with it - it's a sack of 6s parts that you can change into what you need it to be sooner or later.
Check out what Kevin Talbot did in this video, went to a different body. I recommend jumping right to 13:30. I really like to watch it running with that body. Also check out the footage at 16:01, kind of funny.

I don't own one, I think Arrma tried thinking out of the box with the FT and got away from their roots on styling. which made it kind of an odd duck in their line up
I think you're right, for a lot of people's tastes anyway. For me, I like the styling a lot, but I could see how people don't. The thing is, if you can forget about the body for a moment, I think ARRMA came up with a chassis and width combination that a lot of people would like. I like the body in the video above. And even though the hand brake may be kind of gimmicky and is just something else to break, having something new like that to play around with could be a win.

I like the fact that ARRMA went for it, even if they swung and missed. I hope it doesn't mean difficulty getting any parts in the future that are unique to the Fireteam. For me, I still think it looks like a winner, particularly when at this sale price (it probably bugs people that paid near full price, but I think everybody is used to dealing with that type of thing happening to them once in a while / pay too much).

Back