eBay titanium shock towers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got to be effing kidding me....this is my email to the exact same place, I send it out last night.
here is my screenie and the response from him :mad:
Not going back there again.

View attachment 198516

View attachment 198517
I was cutting some 16 gauge titanium with a 6Kw Fanuc/GE laser it was a really rough surface it was cutting good too, no problem, so my guess is that it was a high purity of material, it was light as a feather, and i tried to bend it, hit it with the hammer, nothing happen it would just bounce off, I put it in a vice and it just broke straight off, no bending.
I wonder what grade your Titanium is?

Probably some sort of pot metal Chinesium.

This guy is a tool.
Screenshot_20220209-092419_Gmail.jpg

These look like they are stamped, EDM would take too long, less than a second on a punch press
Old post but....
Indeed they are "STAMPED". My First intital impression.:mad: Those good pictures don't lie.:rolleyes: No CNC'ing that I see whatsoever.(n) QC is way off as a result.
Tooling used was subpar to say the least. Budget stuff.
So just how good a grade of Ti are they, to begin with?
If they even are any substantial grade of Ti?:(

That’s the most broken English I have ever seen, try disputing it with eBay.
I don't see where to do this.
Old post but....
Indeed they are "STAMPED". My First intital impression.:mad: Those good pictures don't lie.:rolleyes: No CNC'ing that I see whatsoever.(n) QC is way off as a result.
Tooling used was subpar to say the least. Budget stuff.
So just how good a grade of Ti are they, to begin with?
If they even are any substantial grade of Ti?:(

But titanium very hard have to make by laser machine.

Idk what grade these are but I'm going to try the hand bend test and see what I can do.

^^^
I was referring to Old school CNC'ing. Not Laser cutting Ti.
@Infidel67 knows best. IMHO.
I also noticed that many Ti produced parts are rough looking in general by comparison to Alu. Whether RC parts or bicycle parts or whatever. From my experience.
Even Scortched RC stuff was rougher looking in the beginning.
However, one would expect it to be nicely finished for the price they get for Ti.:unsure: More labor involved to do this I guess. Ti is hard to work with.
I always thought Diamond cutting tooling is needed to work with Ti.

No indication of the grade in the auction so it's probably grade 1 or 2 judging by how easily it bent. For R/C parts you'd really want at least grade 5 (6Al-4V). Lower grades are still pretty hard and difficult to work with but have much lower yield strength (bend easier).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back