eBay titanium shock towers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basic edm cut and go. Sad part is 1 min of a flapper wheel and chamfer bit would make it look so much better for production. Would take longer to wire burn the part then to clean it up. That’s just unprofessional and lazy.
These look like they are stamped, EDM would take too long, less than a second on a punch press

These look like they are stamped, EDM would take too long, less than a second on a punch press
Edm marks. Good luck stamping titanium lol

BE6CB544-44D3-4479-BF62-DC57E0C6258F.png

Bought a set a while back for the stretched TLRT from the same vendor. I had to go through the same process.. I ended up sticking them back in their bag and shelving them for spares but after the polishing and chamfering they looked 100 times better.

They cutting that with nitrogen, on a Laser, or even a water jet, it's a lot of heat and the cut always looks ugly lol
I think that is the least of my worries :ROFLMAO:

yeah, and they won't budge lol
look nice now tho
Sorry to say, I'm anal about it, they could have done a better job :p
the holes look like :poop: they could have pulsed it not straight cut, and it wouldn't look like a hacksaw cut :)
I can now see why they didn't put any time or effort into making these things look nice.

Last edited:
wait a minute, are those the Titanium ones? if that is, you got scammed
that looks like .119 or .120 thick no way Titanium would bent like that
They are like 3mm thick.

Screenshot_20220207-090305_eBay.jpg

They are like 3mm thick.

View attachment 198483
I think they meant "Very hard to not bend," It being titanium means nothing, if it's too thin and/or it's a weaker grade of titanium, it will be weak. This situation sucks, I hope you get some sort of refund from them.

I think they meant "Very hard to not bend," It being titanium means nothing, if it's too thin and/or it's a weaker grade of titanium, it will be weak. This situation sucks, I hope you get some sort of refund from them.
If not I'm going to dispute it with eBay since I didn't use PayPal.........

They are like 3mm thick.

View attachment 198483
You got to be effing kidding me....this is my email to the exact same place, I send it out last night.
here is my screenie and the response from him :mad:
Not going back there again.

2022-02-07_130214.jpg

2022-02-07_130427.jpg

I was cutting some 16 gauge titanium with a 6Kw Fanuc/GE laser it was a really rough surface it was cutting good too, no problem, so my guess is that it was a high purity of material, it was light as a feather, and i tried to bend it, hit it with the hammer, nothing happen it would just bounce off, I put it in a vice and it just broke straight off, no bending.
I wonder what grade your Titanium is?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back