Defective motor shaft on Castle 1717

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the 180° in castle customer support from their usual fantastic service to what it was like at the beginning of this thread, and what looks like an additional 180° back to being on the ball, I can't help but wonder if they had hired a new CS rep and then subsequently let them go

With the 180° in castle customer support from their usual fantastic service to what it was like at the beginning of this thread, and what looks like an additional 180° back to being on the ball, I can't help but wonder if they had hired a new CS rep and then subsequently let them go
I’ve burned a few motors with the cutoff set for 180F, so I would consider setting it lower. I am now using 170F but haven’t made enough passes to sign off on it yet.

I’ve burned a few motors with the cutoff set for 180F, so I would consider setting it lower. I am now using 170F but haven’t made enough passes to sign off on it yet.
180 as in proverbial rotation, not temperature 😅

Like they went from really good customer support to really bad, then back to really good again.

180 as in proverbial rotation, not temperature 😅

Like they went from really good customer support to really bad, then back to really good again.
That’s what I get for reading quickly and hitting reply 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣

WOW…. I have been dealing with castle for almost 15 years and they have always been great with warranty claims. I used them back in the day for their marine controllers as they were the only ones with a hv controller that worked well. I had a few in my straight away boats going 100 plus mph that caught fire and were replace immediately. They even cross shipped them to save time, and never once got a used part in return. It’s a shame to see this as I always had respect for their service DEPT.

Well looks like I'll finally get my replacement 1717 and its a brand new motor this time not just a used rotor slapped in and shipped out.
Screenshot_20210811-074214.png

I’m assuming this one is good to go?
Yep looks new to me no pinion marks and shaft is straight so 🤞 even came new with sensor wire and screws etc.👍

Castle trash. Why do people stll get these pieces of junk? Not even poop motors do this
Makes spektrum look good with posts like this
I've yet to have trouble with my big Castle 2028 1100kv motors on my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S beasts. Both with the XLX2. And I'm not easy with my rigs.

I've yet to have trouble with my big Castle 2028 1100kv motors on my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S beasts. Both with the XLX2. And I'm not easy with my rigs.
Yep I have that setup in my Mojave EXB and it’s been good so far. However my MMX8S rigs have had tons of issues

Yep I have that setup in my Mojave EXB and it’s been good so far. However my MMX8S rigs have had tons of issues
Really? Like the ESC itself? I've only ran my Mojave like twice with the MMX8s and the 1717 motor with no issues. I did mess up the stock fan though on the first run (replaced with a high power powerhobby fan that fit perfectly on top of it).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back