Defective motor shaft on Castle 1717

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the castle 1515 setup on a traxass and it worked great. The slash couldnt handle it. The driveshafts couldnt handle the power. I don't think iv seen any complaints of hobbywing outher than operator error,cutouts on speedruns etc. Iv had my max6 combo 6 mnths now with zero issues. 20/46 gear plenty of speed for bashing. Temps get a lil on the warm side since its hot out.It just pisses me off he way castle has done with ther cust service. And i will be honest. If it was me i would threatn to bring in the better buisness bearou. That gets ther attn. trust me🤙

I had the castle 1515 setup on a traxass and it worked great. The slash couldnt handle it. The driveshafts couldnt handle the power. I don't think iv seen any complaints of hobbywing outher than operator error,cutouts on speedruns etc. Iv had my max6 combo 6 mnths now with zero issues. 20/46 gear plenty of speed for bashing. Temps get a lil on the warm side since its hot out.It just pisses me off he way castle has done with ther cust service. And i will be honest. If it was me i would threatn to bring in the better buisness bearou. That gets ther attn. trust me🤙
Hobbywing is definitely not perfect. I had one go up in flames.

Burning up ESC’s and the internals of a motor comes with the territory when they’re pushing 15 pound cars down the street, especially when they’re geared up to the eyeballs, making pass after pass, hits after hits without having the necessary cooling apparatus installed or allowing the appropriate time for the equipment to cool down. HEAT will kill anything under the SUN……. as they say 🤷‍♂️
For a shaft of any cheap/expensive motor to physically bend from spinning a spur/spool propelling a normal size RC car down the road………….. there has got to be an alignment issue with that setup somewhere. Under normal circumstances, that should not happen.
It’s a cop out to blame it on the manufacturer.

P.S……. I’m not sponsored by Castle 😉

Last edited:
Defects are real. Two stock arrma escs in ready to run trucks burning up on me proves this. The difference was arrma kissed my ass and sent me new escs.
I’m not quite sure what point you are trying to make?……. I agree with this 👍

Let us keep things civil gentlemen.

@Spoc85 I don't want to see you reply to this thread again unless you have something positive to add.
Fair enough………. Little back and forth banter, nothing too serious in my eyes bar one comment made by @TriggerHappy.
That bloke needs to check himself before he post’s up comments like he did.

Well damn hopefully I hear something soon. Emailed today asking for any update as motor was delivered to Castle on the 15th. Last time was "fixed" in 2 days after delivery but fixed with a used damaged rotor so maybe this time it will get fixed right or I'll luck out like @jondilly1974 and they'll just send me a new motor like they should have or at least put a NEW rotor in it.

Well got a response finally today so that's progress and sounds like I'll just be getting a replacement this time but have to now wait up to a month😩
Screenshot_20210728-104320.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back