Defective motor shaft on Castle 1717

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh 120 you say it like it's no big deal lol good job man.
Thanks! Man when you've been running 120's and lower 130's consistently for last 6 months it's just another pass lol. I've also been fighting to get back to high 130's so again until I see 139+mph or a 6s pass over 127mph just no biggy. More so happy setup isn't giving me issues currently and got a good pass in👍 now have to hope I can get a clean 8s pass like that and should see a possible new PB of 139+mph

Thanks! Man when you've been running 120's and lower 130's consistently for last 6 months it's just another pass lol. I've also been fighting to get back to high 130's so again until I see 139+mph or a 6s pass over 127mph just no biggy. More so happy setup isn't giving me issues currently and got a good pass in👍 now have to hope I can get a clean 8s pass like that and should see a possible new PB of 139+mph
I hear ya man I never hit above mid 120's on land but surpassed that on water. I know people who dream of hitting 100 on water while I do that for a test pass. So I get what you are saying. Either way man great job and excited to see more. That thing sounded great.

I was seriously leaning toward getting a mmx8s 1717 combo and this thread has scared the hell out of me. I don't want to have to fight with some cs rep about a warranty claim after I theoretically spend 350 on a mmx8s combo. I also don't want to be waiting for a replacement for almost 2 months. I've never had to wait that long for a warranty claim on anything in my life. Probably because competent companies have stock set aside for warranty claims. There can't be THAT many people buying motors to the point they can't keep anything in stock. 350$ down the toilet and months without what you paid for because of their mistake? Man maybe the sensored combo is not worth it. I am liking my new mmx8s/tp 4060 combo in my talion but apparently tp 4060 can't fit in a limitless without mods and I don't want to mod anything. 1717 was looking sweet just for size reasons.

Last edited:
I was seriously leaning toward getting a mmx8s 1717 combo and this thread has scared the hell out of me. I don't want to have to fight with some cs rep about a warranty claim after I theoretically spend 350 on a mmx8s combo. I also don't want to be waiting for a replacement for almost 2 months. I've never had to wait that long for a warranty claim on anything in my life. Probably because competent companies have stock set aside for warranty claims. There can't be THAT many people buying motors to the point they can't keep anything in stock. 350$ down the toilet and months without what you paid for because of their mistake? Man maybe the sensored combo is not worth it. I am liking my new mmx8s/tp 4060 combo in my talion but apparently tp 4060 can't fit in a limitless without mods and I don't want to mod anything. 1717 was looking sweet just for size reasons.
Welcome to the real world. **it happens. No product is perfect. Look at automobiles and name one manufacturer that has never had a recall. You can base your purchases on the unfortunate mishaps of a few, and you can also settle for less. It is your money 💰 to spend however you see fit.

Welcome to the real world. **it happens. No product is perfect. Look at automobiles and name one manufacturer that has never had a recall. You can base your purchases on the unfortunate mishaps of a few, and you can also settle for less. It is your money 💰 to spend however you see fit.
Of course nothing is perfect, that's why you expect the company to also realize that and not try to screw people out of warranty and to stand by their product. Customer service is actually important. Thankfully people got taken care of in the end but hoops definitely seem to be required to jump through.

Go TP 4050 with an XLX2 if you’re speed running. If not doing speed runs, stick with a MAX6 instead.

Go TP 4050 with an XLX2 if you’re speed running. If not doing speed runs, stick with a MAX6 instead.

Haha thats kind of the problem, I'm new and I don't know what I want to do to be honest. I've been watching you guys videos and it looks so thrilling but I'm scared to try and even go that fast. I say that but I bought a limitless after I already had a typhon/talion. I have a max 6/tp 4050 in my typhon and a mmx8s/tp 4060 in my talion. I kind of really liked the castle link app and I read so many good things about the mmx8s before I decided to buy it and mine has been great so far a long with the max 6.

I think I was really curious about the whole sensored vs sensorless thing I kind of wanted to try it out and I thought the castle 1717 would be better in the limitless over the tp 4050 because its bigger. Do you think the tp 4050 is equal to or better than the 1717 castle? I feel like at some point I will probably try to speed run once I get a bit more comfortable so that fact a lone has me leaning toward the mmx8s at the least. I know XLX2 will be too much esc for me haha.

I'm honestly loving my mmx8s so far so trying the combo seemed like the next logical step and I was so close to ordering it last night before I came across this thread.

PS. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of your videos and it was good stuff!

Haha thats kind of the problem, I'm new and I don't know what I want to do to be honest. I've been watching you guys videos and it looks so thrilling but I'm scared to try and even go that fast. I say that but I bought a limitless after I already had a typhon/talion. I have a max 6/tp 4050 in my typhon and a mmx8s/tp 4060 in my talion. I kind of really liked the castle link app and I read so many good things about the mmx8s before I decided to buy it and mine has been great so far a long with the max 6.

I think I was really curious about the whole sensored vs sensorless thing I kind of wanted to try it out and I thought the castle 1717 would be better in the limitless over the tp 4050 because its bigger. Do you think the tp 4050 is equal to or better than the 1717 castle? I feel like at some point I will probably try to speed run once I get a bit more comfortable so that fact a lone has me leaning toward the mmx8s at the least. I know XLX2 will be too much esc for me haha.

I'm honestly loving my mmx8s so far so trying the combo seemed like the next logical step and I was so close to ordering it last night before I came across this thread.

PS. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of your videos and it was good stuff!
I would say the whole sensorless thing is good for up to about 5mph and after that its impossible to notice. So if that moves the needle for you, go ahead and get a sensored motor. But in the grand scheme of things, a sensorless motor is just fine. I also like a sensored motor to be able to log the motor temps, but that again isn't a critical thing as I can easily use a temp sensor on my radio too.

As far as 4050 vs 1717, I would say the 1717 might have an edge due to a thicker can. You can always go bigger and do a TP 5650 🤘😜

I would say the whole sensorless thing is good for up to about 5mph and after that its impossible to notice. So if that moves the needle for you, go ahead and get a sensored motor. But in the grand scheme of things, a sensorless motor is just fine. I also like a sensored motor to be able to log the motor temps, but that again isn't a critical thing as I can easily use a temp sensor on my radio too.

As far as 4050 vs 1717, I would say the 1717 might have an edge due to a thicker can. You can always go bigger and do a TP 5650 🤘😜
Haha you think an mmx8s can handle that can? I was considering it but it looked like it requires a lot of juice so I wasn't sure.

Haha you think an mmx8s can handle that can? I was considering it but it looked like it requires a lot of juice so I wasn't sure.
I wouldn't try it. I burned up quite a few motors with the MMX8S.

I disagree here. If you have a bad experience with any company, you have the right to tell your story. I surely want to know so I am fully aware of how a given company operates. There is no valor in keeping secrets when it could help the collective.

That said, I’ve had my own issues with Castle lately and the jury is still out. I was told by their tech that my gearing was enough to go 140mph when in fact it was only enough to go 51.9mph per the online calculator. The tech was quite rude in this message and I felt very put off. My reply was more gracious than required as I really want their help. But future interactions will be tainted by this one.
I was told I was geared fit 171 mph fastest I did was 84 mph I was dying I had to pay for replacement!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back