Charger/ Battery Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
I have had the Traxxas Charger/ 4S Lipos and the Spektrum Charger/ 4S lipos in the past…

Both are nice especially the Spektrum G2 batteries being just plug and it automatically starts charging then goes into storage mode after a few days of not using them.

I’m looking for some advice… what charger/ batteries do you guys prefer? I’m looking for specifically 4S right now. I would like to buy a dual charger and then 2 4S batteries.

Thank you!!

Charger
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...-charger-6s-16a-black-gea300wd300-ub/p1485997
Batteries
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...000mah-w-ec5-connector-gea8k4s10e5gt/p1502567

I'm a low budget guy, as such I don't own any of these. But, since you're already accustomed to the expensive stuff from TRX and Spektrum, I think these items from Gens are likely some of the top rated and performing on the market. At a lesser price than the other 2.
I'm pretty sure the latest batteries from Gens are indeed plug and play with the iMARS charger.. just like the Spektrum smart stuff.
SMC is another highly regarded brand of batteries.
Good luck brother.

I have a Hota S6 charger, which has been great for me. Dual output, 425 watts. There are less expensive options though. As for batteries, whatever is cheapest has been my motto for the last 3 years..but, I'm coming around. Meaning cheap is rarely good, and never better than the "known and trusted" brands..

I have had the Traxxas Charger/ 4S Lipos and the Spektrum Charger/ 4S lipos in the past…

Both are nice especially the Spektrum G2 batteries being just plug and it automatically starts charging then goes into storage mode after a few days of not using them.

I’m looking for some advice… what charger/ batteries do you guys prefer? I’m looking for specifically 4S right now. I would like to buy a dual charger and then 2 4S batteries.

Thank you!!

What RC are you looking to fit batteries in. Sometimes my battery selection is specific to the size it needs.
It's hard to beat the CNHL 70c packs for any use case.

Chargers I really like iSDT for the performance, quality, and price point.

What RC are you looking to fit batteries in. Sometimes my battery selection is specific to the size it needs.

Agreed on the CNHL G+ 70c graphenes. I only own one pair thus far, but they blow away anything else I've used to date. I bought the 6.0ah, which was a mistake on my part as they are 60mm wide and don't fit most battery trays. The 5.0ah are 50mm wide, which should fit Arrma trays no problem I believe.
Forgot about those G+.

Traxxas Maxx v1 / Redcat Kaiju

A lot of bashers benefit from Lighter packs so that the landings are a little less harsh on the suspension and chassis.
CNHL 5,000 70c G+ would be a good pack for these.

I have had mine for a few years and they always balance charge nicely and their performance is best in class for anything that isn't top shelf 150-200.00 price point.

I suggest double checking battery tray dimensions vs batteries. The CNHL G+ are somewhat large dimensionally for their capacity. It looks like the 5.0ah are a tad too big for the 2 models the OP listed.
I do however plan on getting more of those "gems", the G+ that is. @LibertyMKiii , thanks for the tip on them back when. (y)

Charger
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...-charger-6s-16a-black-gea300wd300-ub/p1485997
Batteries
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-a...000mah-w-ec5-connector-gea8k4s10e5gt/p1502567

I'm a low budget guy, as such I don't own any of these. But, since you're already accustomed to the expensive stuff from TRX and Spektrum, I think these items from Gens are likely some of the top rated and performing on the market. At a lesser price than the other 2.
I'm pretty sure the latest batteries from Gens are indeed plug and play with the iMARS charger.. just like the Spektrum smart stuff.
SMC is another highly regarded brand of batteries.
Good luck brother.

I have a Hota S6 charger, which has been great for me. Dual output, 425 watts. There are less expensive options though. As for batteries, whatever is cheapest has been my motto for the last 3 years..but, I'm coming around. Meaning cheap is rarely good, and never better than the "known and trusted" brands..
Do any of these Gene Ace bashing batteries fit in the Traxxas Maxx v1?

Best bang for the buck that's also a smart charge right now, is the d300.

Most capable imo is one of the higher up ichargers. But not a smart charger.

Back