AC/DC vs DC charger help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geodude074

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I need some help picking out my next charger, I've narrowed it down to two.

HOTA F6 Pro 720W Quad Channel AC/DC for $250:

https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...mart-charger-grey?keyword=24v dc power supply

or

HOTA F6 1000W Quad Channel DC for $140 and 24V 1000W PS for $83:

https://www.amazon.com/HOTA-Battery-Smart-Charger-Speedybee/dp/B0C1FW6WSN

https://www.amazon.com/BOSYTRO-Switching-Transformer-Electronic-Instruments/dp/B0C5QT5DFS/?th=1

The AC/DC charger is the easier route, but it's more expensive and less capable. And I've never used a DC power supply for any of my chargers, so I'm going to need some help. I'm not even sure how to hook up the alligator clips to the charger, do I just clip them onto banana leads, or will I need to solder on an XT60 connector, or should I use an XT60 adapter with o ring terminals like this??

I looked at those hota chargers. They are pretty nice. But I was looking for external battery temperature sensor ports.

I think the 1000w setup is the way to go if you think you'll need to charge up to 4 lipos at a time frequently.

It's about the same price, but even if the whole setup costs more, you gain more features.

You will actually need an xt90 battery connector with that power supply as the HOTA F6 1000W has a XT90 DC input.

So the alligator clips that come with the power supply & a nice length of cable with a XT90 on one end will be helpful for charging at home & away from home from a car battery. Or you could find a XT90 to ring terminal if you'll only be charging from home.

I'd go long enough on the charger power cable that you can keep the power supply on the floor where it can keep cool & the charger can be on the table safe & stable.

I agree, but was thinking of versatility. One power cord for dual purpose. At home & out on the field.

My toolkit M6D had a rather short cord from my 400w PSU, but I made a 2ft xt60 extension cable. My other cable for connecting to a car battery was much longer. I've used that on my 200w AC/DC charger as well.

For my M6Dac I'm making an even longer extension between the PSU and charger then using some old car jumper cables for connecting to the car for field charging.

You will actually need an xt90 battery connector with that power supply as the HOTA F6 1000W has a XT90 DC input.

So the alligator clips that come with the power supply & a nice length of cable with a XT90 on one end will be helpful for charging at home & away from home from a car battery. Or you could find a XT90 to ring terminal if you'll only be charging from home.
Thanks, I I wasn't sure if it was XT90 or not judging from the pictures, they didn't say on their description. I even downloaded the manual and it didn't say what input connectors it had.

And yep that sounds like a good idea, one cable with alligator clips and XT90 to charge from a car battery, one cable with ring terminals and XT90 to charge at home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back