Castle Creations XLX-2 just released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never leave stuff plugged in, just a basic rule for storage.
Me neither - whether plugged in or kept in the battery tray, that's lipo care 101 for me. I don't know how long Joe Gerding's had been plugged in for, but my guess is that it wasn't for long

Anyone with the faulty code xlx 2 but is working and plan to send it to castle for inspection?

Anyone with the faulty code xlx 2 but is working and plan to send it to castle for inspection?
Mine is 27255 (first production batch) and is working until now. All the videos about about bus bar short circuit or output mosfet blowing out almost randomly bother me a lot, but I don't want pay a lot of additionnal money to sent back a brand new product to castle from France. It is a big and dangerous manufacturing defect and I should not pay more to replace it. So I will wait to see if castle is going to do a real recall procedure for a dangerous product or wait for it to blow out and then sent it back to castle (with probably one more lovely video on youtube).

I think the warning for us MMX8S owners with Delta motors is because you have a lot of owners that don't know to change the default timing from 10° to 0°. I've ran mine from the start at 0° of timing. Also, there's really no excuse not to make this change, as all of us should have redeemed our free Castle Link coupon.
I think the firmware update will be a change to the default timing value, and eRPM timing of the Mosfets for 8S use. 🤷‍♂️

Mine is 27255 (first production batch) and is working until now. All the videos about about bus bar short circuit or output mosfet blowing out almost randomly bother me a lot, but I don't want pay a lot of additionnal money to sent back a brand new product to castle from France. It is a big and dangerous manufacturing defect and I should not pay more to replace it. So I will wait to see if castle is going to do a real recall procedure for a dangerous product or wait for it to blow out and then sent it back to castle (with probably one more lovely video on youtube).
Im on the same boat as you, mine is C27964 and so far its been running fine in my limitless. I will just wait till it has issues or they recall it, which they should do if they know those are the bad batches. I got a replacement XLX 2 for my infraction and that one Im not holding back and just going full throttle and burnouts with it and no issues, but when I run my limitless its always in back of my head to check to make sure its not on fire.

I am so glad i dodged this bullet. I went to the RC shop in Asheville to order 1 & the guy said. “You interested in a really good deal on a XLX?” I couldn’t pass the deal up & though I’ll just order 1 later....
IMO nothing short of a recall is sufficient. Even if Castle does that imagine how guys have lost their whole RC due to a fire.... This is not the 1st time this has happened to Castle either. They had a heli ESC that was little more than a Molotov cocktail.

I’m a Castle supporter but they need to do a hell of a lot more than just issue a memo!

Well I've had two XLX2's die on me now, the first appears to have had the controller die, Castle Link wouldn't even recognize it - That one has been replaced with a functioning ESC.
The second XLX2 I bought seems to have blown the BEC? I couldn't get any sign of life from it, however Castle Link detected it. The only way I could get anything from it was by backfeeding it with an external BEC - This one is now in the process of being replaced via warranty.
For what it's worth, I've only run these ESCs with the motors they were bundled with, 800/1100kV respectively.

I'm just glad I didn't get the detonation many others experienced.

My second one came with a note saying the motor windings were done two different ways. The earlier one were killing xlx2’s and that they’ve identified the issues.... for what it’s worth both mine are fine. Earlier one and a newer one. Maybe I got lucky for now(-;

I finally bit the bullet and bought one for my K8S. I held off because of the fires, but things seem to have calmed down. Hope I get lucky.

I finally bit the bullet and bought one for my K8S. I held off because of the fires, but things seem to have calmed down. Hope I get lucky.
I've had one in my Outcast 8s for months. No issues after much abuse (high jumps). I bought a second one for my EXB K8S and that one is working great too.

Saw this on a boat forum.
Water cooling via a 50x50mm GPU waterblock. 🤓

1623336690379.png

That's pretty badass, don't suppose there were progress images? I've yet to see an XLX2 apart, rather curious as to how they've adapted that block onto it.
He didn't give any more info other than saying he used a thermally conductive epoxy...
Sounds like the 50x50 cube fit right on?

He didn't give any more info other than saying he used a thermally conductive epoxy...
Sounds like the 50x50 cube fit right on?
I've done something similar to a flier esc at one of my boats. Even considered to put a peltier element in there and pull it sub zero ;)
But that's a boat where cool water is for the taking (pickup via rudder) On a car, a jacket on the motor, water circuit, pomp and radiator add a lot of weight.

(As i used to be a PC overclock enthusiast i have tons of that stuff in boxes here)

I've done something similar to a flier esc at one of my boats. Even considered to put a peltier element in there and pull it sub zero ;)
But that's a boat where cool water is for the taking (pickup via rudder) On a car, a jacket on the motor, water circuit, pomp and radiator add a lot of weight.

(As i used to be a PC overclock enthusiast i have tons of that stuff in boxes here)
I was planning at one point to make a 12s or 14s powered limitless.
I had made a very large $4.00 investment in two micro water pumps and planned to run a ZTW boat esc.
The idea was to use a nitro fuel tank with ice and water. I imagine that could keep the ESC and motor both around 40F for the short duration of a speed run. Now I set it up to connect to a 9V and my kids play with it to fill their squirt guns and other stuff like that.

water pump Capture.JPG

Just had my first rip with the XLX2 800kv setup. Very impressive. The Max 5 800kv setup is not even close. Same gearing and setup and its like a completely different RC with the Castle system. Fingers crossed it holds up.

I was planning at one point to make a 12s or 14s powered limitless.
I had made a very large $4.00 investment in two micro water pumps and planned to run a ZTW boat esc.
The idea was to use a nitro fuel tank with ice and water. I imagine that could keep the ESC and motor both around 40F for the short duration of a speed run. Now I set it up to connect to a 9V and my kids play with it to fill their squirt guns and other stuff like that.

View attachment 151235
I bet a small piece of dry ice would have worked too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back