Kraton Broken wing mount screws!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Finally broke some wing mount screws, with hideous landings.. I'm surprised it took this long!! 🤣

The rear chassis brace screw backed out underneath as well.. I guess there is only one way to get better, wreck a lot!! 💯

Also, the pinion popped off after 2 packs.. I need to use different grub screws, not the first time.

IMG_20231014_194735800.jpg

Last edited:
Pop that tower off, those screws will wheel right out with some pliers or vice grips.. slap a new mount set on and go screw up some more landings.. that's what it's about.. can't win if you don't play..😎✌️

Also, the pinion popped off after 2 packs.. I need to use different grub screws, not the first time.
Or some better/fresh loctite. 🤷‍♂️

Bash on brother! 🤙

Finally broke some wing mount screws, with hideous landings.. I'm surprised it took this long!! 🤣

The rear chassis brace screw backed out underneath as well.. I guess there is only one way to get better, wreck a lot!! 💯

View attachment 326819
Well at least you are bashing!!! :LOL:

I picked up some set screws with a flat surface over the ones normally in the pinion. Cannot say if they are better or not. Recommended to me here after I had a few come loose.

I was also told heat works on them. On the few rigs that I know I work hard making more heat, I went with the bigger Tekno pinion for the larger set screw.

View attachment 326819
Get the rpm wing mount once u can because those 3d print for me didn't work and I got 1 m2c k6 and k6 Xl all wit hobbywing combo

Or some better/fresh loctite. 🤷‍♂️

Bash on brother! 🤙
Quit clowning, you know I got that Permatex!! 🥸
What a pain to get too!! 💯

I might as well swap that diff case to match the front while I'm in there.. I had already planned on doing it, looks like it'll be sooner than later!! 🤣

IMG_20231015_123625551.jpg

Last edited:
Well at least you are bashing!!! :LOL:

I picked up some set screws with a flat surface over the ones normally in the pinion. Cannot say if they are better or not. Recommended to me here after I had a few come loose.

I was also told heat works on them. On the few rigs that I know I work hard making more heat, I went with the bigger Tekno pinion for the larger set screw.
+1
I sometimes grind a bit off the flat of reused grub screws. But they are consumble items at some point. Make sure the grub is super clean and use Blue TL. Let cure for 24 hours. Many prefer Red TL.
I don't. It's overkill, and you can end up stripping the Grub's Hex with Red TL. Even when using heat/torch.
Red TL is only used for very large Automotive bolts IMHO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back