Kraton EXB Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleD08

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Since the EXB wing mount (part # ARA320758) is backordered with no ETA and the BLX is different. What are you guys doing for a replacement? Is there an aftermarket part? Are you guys customizing something?

Thanks for this...... I don't need the wheelie bar.... just the wing mount. I read all the pages in this forum already...... No real answer to a replacement for the wing mount. I'm pretty creative and can fix....... Just trying to see what other people are doing :)

They are great alternatives but I don't think either of them are making one that fits the latest Kraton EXB yet.
Would they not just attach like the v1's do? The towers don't look a lot different.

Would they not just attach like the v1's do? The towers don't look a lot different.

The wing mounting's screws arrangement are totally different..
Not the same nor compatible.

The wing mounting's screws arrangement are totally different..
Not the same nor compatible.
Is that not the big m4 holes that you'd normally attach a bumper if you were running a mojave/fire team/big rock and then the regular m3 spot for the old wing mount? I'll have to look at my v1 towers

Is that not the big m4 holes that you'd normally attach a bumper if you were running a mojave/fire team/big rock and then the regular m3 spot for the old wing mount? I'll have to look at my v1 towers

I don't have a current version of the K6S EXB V2 rear shock tower nor wing mount ,in hand to confirm..

Only going by what I see in photos , just eyeballing it.

New
1710753930462.png

Molded into a single piece

vs
OLD
(Multiple pieces)
1710754175125.png

(Assembled)
1710754045009.png

Last edited:
I don't have a current version of the K6S EXB V2 rear shock tower nor wing mount ,in hand to confirm..

I'm going to try it if i catch the plastics in stock on jennys. they look awful close to the same

jennys exb v2.jpg

k6exbv1.jpg

The new exploded view kinda sucks. It's hard to tell where the other screw actually screws in at on the outside. It shows the m4 screws and m4 locknuts on the other side of the tower it looks like

Since the EXB wing mount (part # ARA320758) is backordered with no ETA and the BLX is different. What are you guys doing for a replacement? Is there an aftermarket part? Are you guys customizing something?
I still think the "v1" aka any of the v5 and older mounts will work, it just don't have the added m4 attachment point and you'll have to make sure you get the cross pieces. Would be a good time to snag the noto wheelie bar wheels to put back there if you went that route as well.

Attachments

• k6 ebs wing.jpg
    k6 ebs wing.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
You guys are totally correct..... I did pickup the old version. It will take some customizing but with shaving the insides/making a simple mount..... you can make it work and still use original all connection points with longer screws, etc. I've opted not to do this yet...... I'm concerened about the screws snapping on the back shock mount area (when I crash again) they screw right into the aluminum mount.... sure, drill, tap, etc.to pull of it happens.... would rather not set myself up for the extra time right now over a $15 part that is backordered.
..I decided to do a quick fix with a old washer and some old screws, nuts and washers.

I can think of multiple ways to make this stronger, etc .... decided to do a quick fix that still has some flexability when I crash again and not continue breaking other parts.

Attachments

• 20240319_114006.jpg
    20240319_114006.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240319_114016.jpg
    20240319_114016.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240319_114018.jpg
    20240319_114018.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 27
You guys are totally correct..... I did pickup the old version. It will take some customizing but with shaving the insides/making a simple mount..... you can make it work and still use original all connection points with longer screws, etc. I've opted not to do this yet...... I'm concerened about the screws snapping on the back shock mount area (when I crash again) they screw right into the aluminum mount.... sure, drill, tap, etc.to pull of it happens.... would rather not set myself up for the extra time right now over a $15 part that is backordered.
..I decided to do a quick fix with a old washer and some old screws, nuts and washers.

I can think of multiple ways to make this stronger, etc .... decided to do a quick fix that still has some flexability when I crash again and not continue breaking other parts.
Think i'd avoid loctite on the screws and when they snap take the rear tower off so you have a tower's length bit of screw to grab to take it out. I bought vampliers on amazon that are awesome at gripping the nubs to get them out.

vampliers.jpg

vampliers2.jpg

Sounds like i'm going to avoid the new style wing mount. Have a friend that fixes trucks at a hobby shop and they've swapped over several to the rpm mount that has the skid on the bottom attached to it. I do have one if you wanted to still use the newer version that i got in the jennys plastics set for the new exb.

Sounds like i'm going to avoid the new style wing mount. Have a friend that fixes trucks at a hobby shop and they've swapped over several to the rpm mount that has the skid on the bottom attached to it. I do have one if you wanted to still use the newer version that i got in the jennys plastics set for the new exb.
Would u sell the mount

Wow:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166706765996 đź‘€

@dure16 Carbon Fiber X Nylon... I think you said those battery mounts you worked up were in Nylon, this looks even crazier!
Man, carbon fiber filament looks sooo good. It just has a certain sheen to it.

Carbon fiber additive makes the finished part far more stiff, which is good in some applications. But it also makes it more brittle. It will hold its shape longer under stress, but it’ll also break sooner rather than bending.

TPU is the right filament for a wing mount. And regular nylon would work better than carbon fiber nylon. That piece is for bling over functionality. It sure is pretty though.

Man, carbon fiber filament looks sooo good. It just has a certain sheen to it.

Carbon fiber additive makes the finished part far more stiff, which is good in some applications. But it also makes it more brittle. It will hold its shape longer under stress, but it’ll also break sooner rather than bending.

TPU is the right filament for a wing mount. And regular nylon would work better than carbon fiber nylon. That piece is for bling over functionality. It sure is pretty though.
Thanks for the insight, I wonder if they would do TPU on request? You know, until @3d-rc.myshopify.com has a better alternative :cool:

Back