Talion Brand New to RC World and looking for someone to teach me how to Wrench.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have a go yourself. It's how you'll learn. If you make a mistake its not a big deal. As kspitters said above, take photos, watch youtube vids, refer to manuals and exploded views and ask questions here on this forum.

You're 4 hrs from me.

Research, research, research. Youtube, here-AF, exploded views from Horizon Hobby, google.....that's how I learned. Sounds like you are a visual/hands on learner like me. Google specfic things (i.e. Change Talion diffs/rebuild shocks/etc) and I bet there's a video of it. (y) Good luck man! You'll figure it out!! 😁✌️

Does anyone live in the Red Bank NJ Monmouth County area looking to make some extra money. I’ll pay you for your time.
I just bought a ARRMA Talion and I need to learn how to fix my own car.
Do you have a LHS nearby? Also, check FB groups in your area. Either can be gold relationships. If not, there’s always YouTube, man. Good luck.

I hated wrenching when I got back into RC in 2019 and even paid the LHS to do a few repairs. Now, I enjoy the wrenching time. The only way to learn is to tear it apart, look at diagrams, and watch videos, IMO.

If you're new to the RC hobby, we have several very active threads here on ArrmaForum that could be especially of some help for you to making your start into the hobby much more enjoyable.
Even if you're not new, we would still love to hear your feedback on the tools and electronics you are using in the above threads!

Quick Forum Tips​

If you do the social media thing, be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Do you have a LHS nearby? Also, check FB groups in your area. Either can be gold relationships. If not, there’s always YouTube, man. Good luck.
I have a LHS about 35 min from me. That’s where I bought my Talion and my 1/16th EREVO. But even on that mini they did all the upgrades. I don’t want that to be the case on my Talion. Thank you for the Facebook advice, I’ll check that out.
Thank you!

Thank you. Any suggestions on specific Tools to buy.
MIP Hex wrench set/bits for 1.5, 2.0. 2.5, and 3.0 mm is a good place to start until you want spare sets.

Here is my meager stand of the most used tools. It is mostly small hex and Allen bits, 5.5/7.0, and 17mm wrenches, and the miscellaneous wrench, plier, etc.

PXL_20230304_004028127.jpg

You're 4 hrs from me.

Research, research, research. Youtube, here-AF, exploded views from Horizon Hobby, google.....that's how I learned. Sounds like you are a visual/hands on learner like me. Google specfic things (i.e. Change Talion diffs/rebuild shocks/etc) and I bet there's a video of it. (y) Good luck man! You'll figure it out!! 😁✌️
Thank you so much for taking the time to help. All this input makes me feel a lot more confident now!!!
MIP Hex wrench set/bits for 1.5, 2.0. 2.5, and 3.0 mm is a good place to start until you want spare sets.

Here is my meager stand of the most used tools. It is mostly small hex and Allen bits, 5.5/7.0, and 17mm wrenches, and the miscellaneous wrench, plier, etc.

View attachment 282687
Super Cool. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. All this input makes me feel a lot more confident now!!!
The Horizon Hobby Support YT channel has a lot of good videos and they keep posting lots of new ones explaining how to do simple repairs or replacements and what tools you need.

View attachment 282687
That's actually pretty cool that you have everything right there, even if it is jammed in there. 🤣 I got so many tools and stuff....some in drawers on bench, some on top of bench in holder like yours.....I swear I can never remember where sh!t is! :ROFLMAO:

Get yourself some MIP drivers and other tools as you need for whatever job your doing and just YouTube it. I have been wrenching a long time on these and real cars and trucks and I still watch YouTube vids whenever I attempt something new. Also, search this forum and ask questions. Save your money for parts. That way if you mess something up you can just buy a new one and try again! 😉

Last edited:
That's actually pretty cool that you have everything right there, even if it is jammed in there. 🤣 I got so many tools and stuff....some in drawers on bench, some on top of bench in holder like yours.....I swear I can never remember where sh!t is! :ROFLMAO:
I won't bother showing you the dozen-plus tubs and boxes full of parts, bags, tools, parts, etc I have in the closet, downstairs, etc. I need a proper place for all this stuff but I am just working with the space I have at the time.

PXL_20230303_052438372.jpg

PXL_20230303_233818370.jpg

This forum is not only a good tool to use but is also full of tools 😆 :ROFLMAO:. Only joking(not 😆). There are some very knowledgeable guys here. Use them, they like to help.

Does anyone live in the Red Bank NJ Monmouth County area looking to make some extra money. I’ll pay you for your time.
I just bought a ARRMA Talion and I need to learn how to fix my own car.
And get one of these. Best investment you’ll make USE the toque settings.
2A09BDB1-48C8-43F1-9734-1EBF520EC7DF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back