Big Rock Big Rock 3s v3 arrives tomorrow - what should I do before running it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I need to threadlock the screw inside the drive shafts? I’ve heard of wheels falling off
Yes. The screw that holds the composite driveshaft to the wheel axle (stub axle) comes loose. Add some blue loctite. That screw is in the driveshaft. Access it through the driveshaft.

It was a problem 3 years ago, the last few 4x4’s I bought did not have this problem. You can disassemble it if you want, but it’s not going to hurt anything if it comes loose and you can always loctite it later if it does.

I don’t think you need to preemptively do anything unless you’re bored.

Thanks man

Thanks man

Do I need to threadlock the screw inside the drive shafts? I’ve heard of wheels falling off
I can tell you that this was the first problem that happened to both my senton and my gf's typhon which are both less than 2 years old. Do what you feel is necessary. Either way it's totally fixable with no costs involved except locktite.

Buddy had the entire wheel fall off on his Granite (just like in the video Tex posted up top), same problem. Just needed to add some blue Loctite and re-attach via the axle.

Fun Fact, the MIP 2mm driver is too short to reach that screw.

No way! Blue handle? Those are nice! Have a set myself 😀
Yep. I don't use them much as I find the handles are too slippery. No grip. They do come in handy sometimes though.

Yep. I don't use them much as I find the handles are too slippery. No grip. They do come in handy sometimes though.
They keep me from stripping screws in plastic. Human clutch :cool:

I know what you mean though. 👍

I can tell you that this was the first problem that happened to both my senton and my gf's typhon which are both less than 2 years old. Do what you feel is necessary. Either way it's totally fixable with no costs involved except locktite.
Already done the ones in the wheels with blue threadlocker. First run yesterday its not as stable as my Rustler 4x4 vxl it sorta spins out alot I think this is because of the narrower tyre tread or could be ballooning. So far I like it, its fairly quick about right for 3s.

Already done the ones in the wheels with blue threadlocker. First run yesterday its not as stable as my Rustler 4x4 vxl it sorta spins out alot I think this is because of the narrower tyre tread or could be ballooning. So far I like it, its fairly quick about right for 3s.
The stock tires absolutely suck once you start getting up to speed.

The stock Ragnarok tires are fine for bashing but does not perform when you start going fast especially on road. They balloon easy and makes it harder to drive. Many have opted for the Granite wheels..Dboot Fortress MT as an upgrade. 14mm hex on the BRCC limits tire choice. An option to consider is 14mm to 17mm conversion..better selection of tires.

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...s-wheels-tyres-rims-dboots-fortress-ara4302v3

The stock tires absolutely suck once you start getting up to speed.ye
get rid of it and get a proper rc 6s kraton or 8s kraton :)

Its good enough for my travel bag. I don't want anything that wont fit, for where I run it its perfect
get rid of it and get a proper rc 6s kraton or 8s kraton :)
Its good enough for my travel bag. I don't want anything that wont fit, for where I run it its perfect

Welcome aboard to the forum, great gents and info here. After a few runs, i updated my shocks and servos on all 3 of my Arrma vehicles. I really love my Big Rock. Have fun. Mosdef. your 1st but not your last, its an addiction.this Would be be so kind and attach a link for the red arms and carriers you are using on your big rock (in the photo) looks amazing and I’d like to get some
Welcome aboard to the forum, great gents and info here. After a few runs, i updated my shocks and servos on all 3 of my Arrma vehicles. I really love my Big Rock. Have fun. Mosdef. your 1st but not your last, its an addiction.
This might sound random or what ever but could you attach a link or provide some info for the red arms and carriers you are using on your big rock (in the photo) looks amazing, and I’d like to get some.

Thanks!

Back