Best servo for the Kraton EXtreme Bash Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the DS3225 or 35kg from Amazon. Cheap and work like a charm.
I’ve got one in my Outcast. Not bad, but I had one take a crap on me. I’m still undecided on what to put in the EXB, I was thinking about putting something a little more expensive in there. I’ve got more eyes on the Powerhobby 729MBL

I'm all in on these DS3225 since ~ March'20., no issues. Prior, PowerHD, 1 burned up, 1 bearing under the arm disintegrated, both roughly 6 month of use.

If these DS blow up, I plug in a new one (have a spare). All servos will die during bashing, your choice how much money you are willing to loose. Higher price is no guarantee for survival, just cost more to replace.

I'm all in on these DS3225 since ~ March'20., no issues. Prior, PowerHD, 1 burned up, 1 bearing under the arm disintegrated, both roughly 6 month of use.

If these DS blow up, I plug in a new one (have a spare). All servos will die during bashing, your choice how much money you are willing to loose. Higher price is no guarantee for survival, just cost more to replace.
I can probably put that money to good use on some other upgrades! ????

Best built? I’d say Promodeler. The 630 is extremely proven, and I’ve got a new 930 to drop in the K8S when needed. You don’t pay for a name, fancy case, or marketing with them, just a darn well made servo.

I said "Best built?", definitely not "cheapest" I'm sure there are those would prefer to buy 5 $30 servos instead, but I stand by my assessment of their build quality.

True, you did. But you also said you don't pay for a name, fancy case or marketing with them - something I'd be skeptical about with a 140 dollar servo.

They do certainly look really nice, though. 100% agree there.

DS3225's in every one of my 6s trucks now. Even if they sh!t the bed, I can buy three for the same price as one good Savox, but they really do hold up well. This should be understood that mine are all bashers. If I wanted something to hold it's own on a track, I'd opt for something faster. Just recently changed the one in my Notorious which was originally installed back in the spring. Didn't fry, but started having trouble returning to the straight position, so I just swapped it out. Likely a candidate to go into one of my 3s when the stock Arrma's go.

Always the struggle is the definition and interpretation of 'best'.
I don't have an answer on 'best' but gave my interpretation as diod everyone else.
If I would add a $140 servo in my rigs and add 'WTF fans x2 @ $50 ea I'd be at ~ $250 per rig i.e. $750. My solution wichh is equal in performance cost me $50 per rig. I literally bought myself an Infraction on those savings.

My point, we gave options, OP has to decide what is best for him.

Check these specs!
9106A260-50E6-4945-A514-24F1F4BB646E.jpeg

How long does it take to get them?

Generally a month, I’ve received in just over 2 weeks & I’ve waited 10+ during the C19 panic... I usually buy direct from the manufacturers AliExpress store or sellers with near perfect ratings. Most are willing to deal as well (3 4092 Rocket motors cost around $130) so the savings definitely outweigh the extended wait time, IMO anyway!

Generally a month, I’ve received in just over 2 weeks & I’ve waited 10+ during the C19 panic... I usually buy direct from the manufacturers AliExpress store or sellers with near perfect ratings. Most are willing to deal as well (3 4092 Rocket motors cost around $130) so the savings definitely outweigh the extended wait time, IMO anyway!
I'm pretty much set up now, waiting on a few parts. I'll definitely (y) look into AliExpress!

He is a little late to the game, these are recommended and have been used by many already.
Use the 25kg or higher, some prefer the 35kg version.
I'm using the DS3225 180 degree version, don't get the the 270 version.
https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Digi...=1&keywords=DS3225+25KG&qid=1599277820&sr=8-2

There are many clones around, the one at the link has the most reviews and have 3 of them myself. Even if you blow 2 of them its still cheaper than a Savox.
When using the DS3225 for the EXB how does the servo fit in the new EXB servo mount. Did it line up OK with the steering linkage?

so something I learned the hard way, those DS3225 aren't rated for 7.4v that my max 6 had - whoops. However the DS3235 work fantastic on 7.4v, loads of power. I got tired of spending money on expensive servos so these cheap servos do the trick

Should drop right in. But i woild go with the 35kg version instead.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Coreless-Digital-Stainless-arduino/dp/B07SBYZ4G5
@jondilly1974 . I was looking into getting the DS3235 and have a question. Comparing the 25kg and the 35kg they both put say Stall torque at 5V is 21kg/cm. Then the 25kg says Stall torque at 6.8V is 25kg/cm, and the 35kg says Stall torque at 6.8V is 35kg/cm. And according to the Firma 150A esc it puts out 6V BEC. So would there really be a difference between the 2 at 6v? The speeds are the same between the 2 at Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree. Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree.

@jondilly1974 . I was looking into getting the DS3235 and have a question. Comparing the 25kg and the 35kg they both put say Stall torque at 5V is 21kg/cm. Then the 25kg says Stall torque at 6.8V is 25kg/cm, and the 35kg says Stall torque at 6.8V is 35kg/cm. And according to the Firma 150A esc it puts out 6V BEC. So would there really be a difference between the 2 at 6v? The speeds are the same between the 2 at Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree. Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree.

Hmm I would still think the 35 would have more strength. I run MMX8S in my Kraton 6S trucks and run my BEC at 7.5v.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back