Outcast Bent front driveshaft....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must have been one hell of a landing to bust all that!! Sounds like fun tho!
We almost went to the skate park too but thought it might be to slippy...
Was 9c and thunderstorms! Got 30 min of no rain and another 40 of lite rain tho so all good :) i went the lazy fix and just fitted a new shock :p

Regular badlands of mx38?
Ive got a set of regulars sitting on my shelf so might give them a go next time...
Got my TBones for the Kraton today :) !!! They came quicker than I thought. They mustn't be making to order these days. Was expecting them to take ages. Nice bumpers !! It's getting cold here to bro down to 1 in the early mornings. No need to worry about the rigs getting to hot.
Where's the Outcast ?? :D

This is what I'm running on my Outcast and I still kept breaking shock shafts. I put some Badlands on, and I'm seeing a huge difference in ground impact upon landing bigger jumps. They absorb a lot more than the Backflips do.
What weight have you got in the shocks ??
How do the badlands go ballooning wise ?
They look good but a bit skinnier than the backflips. Love me Backflips. :) !!!

Got my TBones for the Kraton today :) !!! They came quicker than I thought. They mustn't be making to order these days. Was expecting them to take ages. Nice bumpers !! It's getting cold here to bro down to 1 in the early mornings. No need to worry about the rigs getting to hot.
Where's the Outcast ?? :D
Awesome stuff! Yougeta rear one too?? Im wondering if they get in the way of wheelie bars?
And yep... Very cold! Been 2/3 here some mornings and it snowed down south!!! It just doesn't snow over here...
Stil no outcast yet!! Sometime this month
....hopefully... Got some outcast side guards for the kraton tho... Work a treat :)

Awesome stuff! Yougeta rear one too?? Im wondering if they get in the way of wheelie bars?
And yep... Very cold! Been 2/3 here some mornings and it snowed down south!!! It just doesn't snow over here...
....hopefully... Got some outcast side guards for the kraton tho... Work a treat :)
I got the rear at the same time after I saw yours. I will suss it out tomorrow to c if it gets in the way of the wheelie bar. Does the rear protect much, like the wing mount or is it more of a skid plate ??
Yeah side guards would be nice...... if I keep going like this I'll have stuff rolling up every week ha ha !!

I got the rear at the same time after I saw yours. I will suss it out tomorrow to c if it gets in the way of the wheelie bar. Does the rear protect much, like the wing mount or is it more of a skid plate ??
Yeah side guards would be nice...... if I keep going like this I'll have stuff rolling up every week ha ha !!
The rear has save both my cars a few times... Just some bad landings where its hit the wing and bumper at the same time i reckon its stopped the the wing mount from snapping in two! Also just how the typhon bumpers sit on the kraton.. It seems to line up nice with the wheels so any hard hits ive had so far the bumper and tyres all take the knock rather than just the wheels/arms or just the bumper.
I think the rear will need a trim for the wheelie bar tho... And if not it will be close!
Ive got the rpm bumper and skid coming in the post for the outcast so i'll see how they go compared to the tbones...
And nothing wrong with stuff coming in the post every week! :p

The rear has save both my cars a few times... Just some bad landings where its hit the wing and bumper at the same time i reckon its stopped the the wing mount from snapping in two! Also just how the typhon bumpers sit on the kraton.. It seems to line up nice with the wheels so any hard hits ive had so far the bumper and tyres all take the knock rather than just the wheels/arms or just the bumper.
I think the rear will need a trim for the wheelie bar tho... And if not it will be close!
Ive got the rpm bumper and skid coming in the post for the outcast so i'll see how they go compared to the tbones...
And nothing wrong with stuff coming in the post every week! :p
I might put the rear bumper on the Kraton as she sits really high and a bit unko hanging long wheelies. I think it would get in the way on the Outcast she just sits on the wheelie bar for as long as u want..... love it !!
The RPM looks good. I like the skid, I just hope the bumper has some flex so it doesn't put to much force on the 4 diff case screws. In saying that it's had some great reviews along with all the RPM gear. Let me know how it goes.
Gotta love stuff rolling up every week! my face :p
The miss face :rolleyes: Ha ha !!!

I might put the rear bumper on the Kraton as she sits really high and a bit unko hanging long wheelies. I think it would get in the way on the Outcast she just sits on the wheelie bar for as long as u want..... love it !!
The RPM looks good. I like the skid, I just hope the bumper has some flex so it doesn't put to much force on the 4 diff case screws. In saying that it's had some great reviews along with all the RPM gear. Let me know how it goes.
Gotta love stuff rolling up every week! my face :p
The miss face :rolleyes: Ha ha !!!
Hahaha... I know that face! :p
Worst part is i go to the hobby shop on the way home most weeks too!
I curious about the rpm flex too? Looks pretty thick but their stuff is usually really good. At least it wont shovel like the big kraton tbone bumper... My mate went through 2 diff cases because of that

Regular badlands of mx38?
Ive got a set of regulars sitting on my shelf so might give them a go next time...
MX38's

What weight have you got in the shocks ??
How do the badlands go ballooning wise ?
They look good but a bit skinnier than the backflips. Love me Backflips. :) !!!
I need to pay attention more when posting so I reply to everyone, haha.

Running 50 rear, 60 front.
The Badlands balloon, but I wouldn't say they do any more than the Backflips.
The Badlands (I'm using MX38's) are actually a lot wider than the Backflips. Tough to tell in this picture, but it's all I have right here on my computer right now.
badlands.jpg

MX38's

I need to pay attention more when posting so I reply to everyone, haha.

Running 50 rear, 60 front.
The Badlands balloon, but I wouldn't say they do any more than the Backflips.
The Badlands (I'm using MX38's) are actually a lot wider than the Backflips. Tough to tell in this picture, but it's all I have right here on my computer right now.
View attachment 10880
Ok they look sweet !!! I was thinking of the smaller ones. I'm mucking around with some Big Joes 2 ATM good fun and cushioning but to big for speed :)

I thought we did quite a good job at it myself! :p haha...
..... Did you get the driveshaft back to useable?? Or no good?
Still looks a little bent in the photo...
All this talk of Bent drive shafts ..... I found a banana on the rear must have happened when I broke the shock shaft. I had two bent ones that I had replaced before so I beat them straight with a hammer and a peice of steel not perfect but within 1mm. I have to c if it wears the groove in the out drive. The steel was just long enough to fit the shaft across just kept rolling and hitting with a hammer !!

All this talk of Bent drive shafts ..... I found a banana on the rear must have happened when I broke the shock shaft. I had two bent ones that I had replaced before so I beat them straight with a hammer and a peice of steel not perfect but within 1mm. I have to c if it wears the groove in the out drive. The steel was just long enough to fit the shaft across just kept rolling and hitting with a hammer !!
Bugga! But not surprising when the shaft got broken too....
Heres my before and after with the vice and ring spaner...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mwet94g6bje1oy/DSC_7501.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5rc3hu5qqqn58v/DSC_7502.JPG?dl=0

Hey T !! The rear typhon TBone doesn't get in the way of the wheelie bar at all. I took it for a car park run today and she's a wheelie beast now. U can rip them for as long as u want like the Outcast. Kraton is a f##king beast on road had a ball thrashing it !!
IMG_4103.PNG IMG_4106.PNG

Hey T !! The rear typhon TBone doesn't get in the way of the wheelie bar at all. I took it for a car park run today and she's a wheelie beast now. U can rip them for as long as u want like the Outcast. Kraton is a f##king beast on road had a ball thrashing it !!
View attachment 10890 View attachment 10891
Awesome!! I'll have to get a wheelie bar for the kraton :-D
Still haven't got my rpm bits yet... Gonna take as long as the outcast to get here i think! ":p

Awesome!! I'll have to get a wheelie bar for the kraton :-D
Still haven't got my rpm bits yet... Gonna take as long as the outcast to get here i think! ":p
All part of the fun living in Aus nothing gets here fast !! U gotta get the wheelie bar you'll love it !!
Love the buzz after a blast session :punch: :) I've been jumping hard nothing like a blast ha ha !!!

All part of the fun living in Aus nothing gets here fast !! U gotta get the wheelie bar you'll love it !!
Love the buzz after a blast session :punch: :) I've been jumping hard nothing like a blast ha ha !!!
Ah huh... Anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for everything!! Igot my backflips in 7 days from jrc... But a pinionfrom them took 49 days!! Id say it got lost as the package looked like it went to hell and back! :p

Just remembered i ordered a wheelie bar 3 months ago at Mas... I'll have to ask him about that! Time to sign up to tower i think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back